Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Thoughts on my first Desi Murli experience.

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old January 5th, 2010, 08:25 PM
Gift3d
Hookah Nut

Red face Thoughts on my first Desi Murli experience.

Today my Desi Murli came in the mail, Plain, Khus, and Spiced Apple. Right out of the box the stuff smelled amazing, i mean wow. I was almost drooling while putting it into tupperware containers :P

Now i'm smoking Khus, mixed with a tiny bit of honey out of my 34" KM Exotica, egyptian bowl, one layer of standard foil and 2x exotica coals. The tobacco has a very warm smell to it, the most outstanding scents being molasses and something similar to brown sugar. Maybe even a faint touch of anise, similar to how you'd smell it in Nakhla Apple though still not as strong. Undertones of tobacco and a distinct spice which i can't remember the name of.

It took about 5-7 minutes to get the smoke and flavor going, treading lightly with only two coals. The first flavor i noticed is the true tobacco taste, much different and stands out more than any other tobacco i've smoked. Much like the smell, it's got a very warm, calming taste to it as well; i'd almost be able to compare it to a cup of unsweetened chamomile tea as far as the sensation of it goes. A light yet profound flavor with many different aspects to it, a certain spice, the tiniest bit of sweetness coming from the molasses, and a slight anise undertone. The smoke itself is light and very wispy. It's not a blast your face with flavor kind of smoke, rather a concoction of subtle flavors that makes every puff interesting.

Also, the nicotine content in this stuff is definitely no joke. Coming from a regular Nakhla and cigarette smoker, i made the mistake of taking 3 considerably large puffs in a row only to get light-headed from it. It packs a hard punch, but once you get into the rhythm of sipping it, Desi Murli provides a very calm and relaxing smoke which i truly enjoy

Last edited by Gift3d; January 5th, 2010 at 08:29 PM.
Old January 5th, 2010, 09:27 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Default Re: Thoughts on my first Desi Murli experience.

DM is one of favorite brands and without a doubt is the best brand you can buy in U.S. Kamal is a also a very nice guy and a huge fan of tobacco that gives great service. I do suggest taking it easy with DM since it's an unwashed brand so no hoovering. DM is great for sitting back and thinking about how great this hobby is so make the most out of it.
Old January 6th, 2010, 01:35 AM
BobMarley
Hookah Guru

If hookah1 goes down and Desi Murli goes "out of business" in the states I will be very sad.

Excellent post sir.
Old January 6th, 2010, 02:13 AM
MAD_HATTER
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarley View Post
If hookah1 goes down and Desi Murli goes "out of business" in the states I will be very sad.

Excellent post sir.
as will i... i still have some dm left from the samples sent im making it last lol
Old January 6th, 2010, 04:07 AM
TheHookahCentral
Vendor

I have yet to try this stuff
Old January 6th, 2010, 04:12 AM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

If you guys want to keep amazing products like DM around then you need to buy some from time to time. The stuff is about the same price as Nakhla if not cheaper so if you can afford to smoke anything you can afford DM. You also should grab some Salloum for when you're in the mood for a washed, natural tasting type session and since it's cheaper then about 80% of the stuff on the market it's a real bargain. Vote with your bucks or else all you'll be left with is the crappy super processed brands.
Old January 6th, 2010, 08:07 AM
Sui
Hookah Enthusiast

btw Texashookah.com carries a small variety of DM too.
Old January 6th, 2010, 06:25 PM
BobMarley
Hookah Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajo Flettner View Post
If you guys want to keep amazing products like DM around then you need to buy some from time to time. The stuff is about the same price as Nakhla if not cheaper so if you can afford to smoke anything you can afford DM. You also should grab some Salloum for when you're in the mood for a washed, natural tasting type session and since it's cheaper then about 80% of the stuff on the market it's a real bargain. Vote with your bucks or else all you'll be left with is the crappy super processed brands.
Absolutely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sui View Post
btw Texashookah.com carries a small variety of DM too.
They get them from hookah1 I believe, at the least hookah1 is a part of the importing company that gets the stuff.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook