Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Hi I Am Completely New To Hookah (Could Some One Give Me Some Advice?)

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old January 15th, 2008, 05:26 PM
t10
Hookah Newbie

Default Hi I Am Completely New To Hookah (Could Some One Give Me Some Advice?)

Hi HookahPRO Community

I am just been watching some Hookah videos on Youtube and reading up about Hookah's on Wikipedia and now I really want to buy one but I have some questions if you don't mind answering...

I found this Hookah on HookahShop.co.uk http://www.hookahshop.co.uk/small-bl...ers-p-826.html and would like to know if it's any good.

It's a small beginners set for 22.99 (Yes I live in UK) and it comes with some herbal molasses (I don't want to smoke tobacco)

I was wondering are they safe for your health and will I be able to create them huge clouds of smoke?

And if that Hookah is of decent quality......

I am a total newbie so I aplogise in advance

Thanks

t10
Old January 15th, 2008, 05:30 PM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

Default Re: Hi I Am Completely New To Hookah (Could Some One Give Me Some Advice?)

First off welcome to the site. Let me answer this question for you......NOTHING YOU SMOKE IS SAFE FOR YOU. With that being said, anything you inhale could potentially be harmfull to your health, whether its tobacco, sugar cane stalks, chopped up lawn clippings....you see where this is going right. Do a little research on the tobacco free products, our review section has some reviews on SOEX brand you can see how people feel about it. Again, welcome!

Billy
Old January 15th, 2008, 05:37 PM
t10
Hookah Newbie

Default Re: Hi I Am Completely New To Hookah (Could Some One Give Me Some Advice?)

Thanks I have just read some reviews.

What do you think about that Hookah...worth the money?
Old January 15th, 2008, 05:41 PM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

Probably. It appears to be a standard egyptian hookah. The question is this....Is it worth it to YOU? I think its a safe buy though but cant be sure without personally inspecting it.

Billy
Old January 15th, 2008, 05:46 PM
speel
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to speel

I welcome you .. i ask you this .. if you plan on smoking hookah why not tobacco? .. thats kinda like driving a car just to hear the great stereo. Think about. And choose a hookah you like
Old January 15th, 2008, 05:48 PM
daedra
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to daedra

with all the STD's and pollution and what not, smoking the hookah is last on my list of worries.

now about the hookah. to me it looks like it would be a good buy man, looks sturdy, etc. usually what happens is you buy your first hookah, you use it for a while (few months, have a year, etc), then you start to realize what you like about it and what you dont like.

same as tobacco, try that soex out. then try out tangiers. they are complete opposites but thats the best thing about life - exploration.

so explore the hookah world and buy that hookah and buy many tobaccos!!!!!!
Old January 15th, 2008, 05:55 PM
t10
Hookah Newbie

Don't want to sound a pain in the ass

But where abouts do you guys buy yours from. Which would you say is the most reliable site.

Thank you
Old January 15th, 2008, 05:56 PM
daedra
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to daedra

nazar hookah dot com, pimp your hookah dot com, hookah shisha dot com.

nazar is my top fav. hookah shisha is also great, i havent ordered from PYH yet but i hear great things about em.
Old January 15th, 2008, 05:57 PM
speel
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to speel

hookahcompany.com
nazarhookah.com
Old January 15th, 2008, 06:01 PM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

Send a message via Yahoo to abu ronin

Tangiers may not be the best suggestion for a beginner.I would go with al-fakher or nahkla, personally.
Old January 15th, 2008, 06:08 PM
boomhauer
Banned

Send a message via AIM to boomhauer Send a message via Yahoo to boomhauer

Quote:
Originally Posted by daedra
same as tobacco, try that soex out. then try out tangiers.
bad example as most people who try to smoke tangiers have big problems with it

as people have said it wont matter too much if you smoke tobacco or sugarcane because both are bad for your health in the end. one can be worse than the other and if tested they will probably say tobacco but since neither are thoroughly tested we will not know for sure. even then i dont trust a lot of the tobacco tests because quite a few of them are false in one way or another or taken to extremes to get the bad side effects. what i would say is try the soex and if you dont like it get a 50/250g of al fakher locally (i know they sell that and nakhla in the uk and not many more) just to try it as you may like it more. the way i see it is we have one life so lets enjoy it to the fullest extent. i dont see myself living past 75 and honestly i dont want to because most people by that time they deteriorate so much i hardly call what they are doing living, it is more like just existing and fighting death. i would gladly die with a hookah hose in one hand and a.....haha cant say it for certain rules on the site....in the other than not do it.
Old January 15th, 2008, 06:30 PM
HookahMaster
Hookah Pro

Welcome to the forum. For advise and tips go here:

1. http://www.hookah-shisha.com/store/p...-education.asp
2. http://www.socialsmokehookah.com/pag...ishaguide.html
3. http://www.socialsmokehookah.com/pag...coalguide.html
4. http://www.socialsmokehookah.com/pag...Hookah101.html

After going through and reading the above 4 links, check out the review section for some valuable info on what members say of hookah products and brands etc. If you have any more questions after that, don't hesitate to ask...

Oh, and in all honesty, if you're not gonna smoke tobacco, then I really don't think you should buy a hookah in the frst place. I'm not trying to tell you what to do, it's just that, not smoking tobacco kind of defies the point. Not only that, but you will never get the same taste, smoke quality, or enjoyment from somking that fake herbal crap. To put it in perspective, comparing the herbal crap to real shisha: is like comparing a nasty hamburger served at your fifth grade cafeteria, compared to a Filet Mignon prepared at an expensive restaurant. Sure they're both meat, but they taste completly different...
Old January 15th, 2008, 06:38 PM
HookahMaster
Hookah Pro

And one more thing, I'm not sure if you know this, but most shihsa brands out there have 0%tar and 0.5% nicotene (out of a 250g jar). That's barely anything at all, and I've always been the type to think that hookah smoke is cleaner and healthier than cigarette smoke. I've drawn my conclusions from basic common sense as well as observations. Take a look at this intereting thread an old member of ours made here not too long ago. It clearly shows some of the benefits of smoking hookah vs. cigarettes.

http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/index.php?topic=1718.0
Old January 15th, 2008, 06:48 PM
t10
Hookah Newbie

Well after reading...I think I'm gonna smoke the real deal
Old January 15th, 2008, 08:15 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by t10
Well after reading...I think I'm gonna smoke the real deal
That's a much better choice, why not go for the Gold?
As for your hookah choices, they could be limited as some vendors cannot or will not ship over-seas. But there are some good sites in the UK, and even some tobacco that isn't available over here in the states that is pretty good.
You may not have as much of a choice in hookahs as we do from UK sites, but if you get a KM over there it's will probably be just as good as over here.
Old January 15th, 2008, 08:26 PM
mr weenis
Hookah Nut

looks like a pretty decent rig, but may i go so far as to suggest that you go all out and get a known quality hookah? there are discounts we can get (check out the vendor deals thread) on some really great hookahs.

either way, though, welcome to the boards and the wonderful world of hookah. never feel bad asking questions!
Old January 15th, 2008, 08:30 PM
fashow69
Hookah Nut

hey im a newb too, to the hookah world but here is some tips ive found helpfull, try to buy a hookah that is at least 20 inches high if not more becuase i have a smaller 13 inch pumpkin hookah and like what everyone else informed me, it was indeed harsher, less smoke, and tasted burnt all the time.. as for shisha choices i personally love StarBuzz and Al-Fakher.. SB is expensive but IMO its well worth the money and they have tons of flavors to choose from... as well as AF.
Old January 15th, 2008, 09:15 PM
austinthecity
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookahMaster
And one more thing, I'm not sure if you know this, but most shihsa brands out there have 0%tar and 0.5% nicotene (out of a 250g jar). That's barely anything at all, and I've always been the type to think that hookah smoke is cleaner and healthier than cigarette smoke. I've drawn my conclusions from basic common sense as well as observations. Take a look at this intereting thread an old member of ours made here not too long ago. It clearly shows some of the benefits of smoking hookah vs. cigarettes.

http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/index.php?topic=1718.0

Not one hundred percent sure, but I think most shisha brands have 0.05% nicotine and only unwashed brands like nakhla have .5%...

It's just 1 decimal place, but it's 10 times the argument for shisha!
Old January 15th, 2008, 09:20 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Yes, but that's just a rough estimate the companies put on the boxes. Every plant has it's own Nicotine level, so really it's all different.

But yes, washed brands are labeled .05% and unwashed are .5%, i think that is so you can get a quick view on the buzz to expect while smoking, in no way is it literal.
Old January 16th, 2008, 06:53 AM
t10
Hookah Newbie

Hey thank you very much guys for your replies each one as been very helpful for me

I have found this one which I like the look of http://www.hookah-shisha.com/store/p...7&idproduct=96

I also think that hookah-shisha deliver to the UK and it says should take about 2-3 weeks I think they are done by UPS.

Again I want to thank everyone for taking the time to answer my questions .... it's quite hard being a newbie to a new community
Old January 16th, 2008, 09:08 AM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Looks like a great hookah, and H-S is a great company to order from. I did a video review of them on www.youtube.com/hookahpro .. so if you haven't seen that vid yet, check it out because you can see the kind of packaging you can expect from them, quality packaging!

Don't ever be afraid to ask questions here, we are all here to help and learn from each other.

Cheers!

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old January 18th, 2008, 01:42 PM
cemab4y
Hookah Nut

Send a message via MSN to cemab4y

Congratulations on the decision. I have been smoking Hookah since 1997. Really enjoy the relaxation, I usually smoke alone, and read a book, usually history or political treatise. I live in the Washington DC metro area, and there are some hookah bars, that are very nice. Sometimes I will go with a couple of friends and we will discuss politics, etc, while burning a bowl of rose-flavoured tobacco.

I encourage you to take it easy, smoke lightly for a while, until you get used to it. Hookah is fun, but enjoy it in moderation.
Old January 19th, 2008, 07:18 AM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

Welcome t10. There are alot of opinions in this post most good some not. LOL Read the reviews section to see the opinions for different flavors and makers. It could spare you from buying nasty shisha!
Old January 19th, 2008, 07:58 AM
t10
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunkel
Welcome t10. There are alot of opinions in this post most good some not. LOL Read the reviews section to see the opinions for different flavors and makers. It could spare you from buying nasty shisha!
Thank you Dunkel

I have my very first Hookah on it's way when I checked into the USPS site it said it left o'hare airport chicago at 2:29pm so it should be here next week sometime hopefully.

From knowing nothing about Hookah to having my own Hookah coming soon it's been a great transition thanks to you guys and girls
Old January 19th, 2008, 09:26 AM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

Enjoy it! I can relate. I ordered a hookah back in June of 2007. I had never smoked one before but was looking for a way to not smoke 2 packs of smokes a day and still get a little nicotine. I smoke after dinner nearly everyday. It was one of the best purchases I've ever made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by t10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunkel
Thank you Dunkel

I have my very first Hookah on it's way when I checked into the USPS site it said it left o'hare airport chicago at 2:29pm so it should be here next week sometime hopefully.

From knowing nothing about Hookah to having my own Hookah coming soon it's been a great transition thanks to you guys and girls
Share with your friends on facebook