Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

How did you get introduced to hookah?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old January 9th, 2010, 05:23 AM
Jerickg
Hookah Newbie

Default How did you get introduced to hookah?

First experiences and feelings?

One day after school when I was in middle school (6 years ago) my friends older brother picked us up and said we were gonna smoke hookah. I tried it and fell in love with it haha. When I turned 18 I became an instant hobbyist. Even held a sign for a hookah lounge a couple months before I turned 18. Absolutely fell in love.
Old January 9th, 2010, 05:31 AM
MAD_HATTER
Hookah Master

Default Re: How did you get introduced to hookah?

well i got introduced to hookah on a drunken night... during summer break 2 years ago.. i was in downtown LB and i came across a lounge with a couple of my friends.. we just walked right in lol.. and stayed for almost 4 hours..

damn you started young lol
Old January 9th, 2010, 05:32 AM
Jerickg
Hookah Newbie

haha well, I tried it and didnt smoke it for a long time. I wasnt frequent until I was old enough to buy one
Old January 9th, 2010, 05:34 AM
PCServe
Hookah Aficionado

Send a message via ICQ to PCServe Send a message via MSN to PCServe Send a message via Skype™ to PCServe

I introduced myself to hookah lol
I've been to Leipzig with some friends in 2005 and we found that interesting egyptian store in the city. We went in and they had some pretty cool and cheap hookahs. so i bought my first egyptian hookah (at first i didnt want to smoke, just thought its a nice decoration)
Later that year my cousin traveled to egypt and brought me some Nakhla and ql coals from there, so i had to start smoking lol
since that day I love smoking my hookah! My first ever tobacco was btw Nakhla Coffee!
Old January 9th, 2010, 05:38 AM
MAD_HATTER
Hookah Master

i think my first flavor was SB white peach.. still one of my favorite flavors
Old January 9th, 2010, 05:50 AM
Khelina
Hookah Nut

First time I saw a Hookah must have been 4-5 years ago, I diden't dare to try it then, I was invited to. But I diden't dare, had no clue what it was.
First ime I tried it was at a friends house 3 years ago, Nahkla Peach - We smoke that so many times I can't be around that peach anymore.
Then I asked my parents to buy me a hookah while they were in Crete, a crappy Chinese one. We smoked alot, and never washed it. No wounder it tasted like crap after a while.
Old January 9th, 2010, 05:54 AM
Jerickg
Hookah Newbie

I wish I paid more attention but I think my first was some rasberry
Old January 9th, 2010, 06:15 AM
Burakiosaurus
Hookah Nut

i'd heard of Nargile, but never tried it, so one summer in Turkey I asked my cousin to take me to a lounge and we did, stayed there for about 3 hours smoking Apple, drinking tea and playing backgammon

had it the following 2 summers, then my friend bought one and we did it at his house sometimes, then he gave his old one to me, i had no idea how to look after a nargile at that point, so left it outside and the rain ruined it.

then last year i discovered HookahPro.com and bought my first rig and tobacco!
Old January 9th, 2010, 08:22 AM
Xanhonestpuckx
Brother of the Black Leaf

Send a message via AIM to Xanhonestpuckx Send a message via Yahoo to Xanhonestpuckx

Madwolf and I were roomates about 5 years ago and we were looking for new ways to introduce nicotine into our systems...we smoked cigars and briars, but we wanted something unusual and one day we came upon that warhorse you see in many of our videos... it has been a loyal companion lo these many years. I think our first flavor was Baja orange.

Old January 9th, 2010, 08:40 AM
uk_shisha_king
Hookah Nut

I was first introduced when my cousin took me to a shisha lounge with a few mates. I dont even remeber what flavour it was but it most probably was double apple. I didnt know anything about shisha.

It was patelbadboy2006 who got me interested coz I know him from uni
Old January 9th, 2010, 09:15 AM
rossrox182
Hookah Newbie

My mums friend came back from dubai along time ago and bought a hookah with 2 AF flavours, can remember what flavours but my parents and friends were getting drunk and was smoking hookah, and i was trying it too, i remember it being very smooth and very very tasty now about 5 years on i have bought my own
Old January 9th, 2010, 09:36 AM
Pete
Hookah Nut

As a cigar smoker, I began seeing hookahs introduced in my local tobacconist. I was curious, but dismissed the idea for quite some time. Over time, my curiousity became overwhelming, so I decided to join here to learn more about them (before buying one). I was a member here for over a month before I even considered purchasing my first hookah. I have since settled on a Mya QT, and I'm enjoying it so far.

My knowledge of setting up and smoking a hookah stems ENTIRELY from watching the how-to videos members here were kind enough to share. I still haven't smoked, or even seen (in person) a hookah that I haven't set up myself. That said, I'd say it was hookahpro that introduced me to hookah, officially.
Old January 9th, 2010, 10:49 AM
hookahslisk
Hookah Nut

A fellow teacher and I were in Bahrain one evening and he took me to a hookah bar. It was very interesting being the only westerners in the place. He said I needed a little double apple in my life. He was right. I'm not sure what shisha brand was in there, but it was pretty damn tasty and the hookahs they used were very cool. Needless to say I'm hooked on the hobby.
Old January 9th, 2010, 12:37 PM
Cnphoto
Hookah Pro

I went to a hookah bar when i was in my freshman year of high school, my sister was going out to the hookah bar with some good friends and i asked "Could i...possibly go?" and without hesitation she said sure why not. and upon arrival i noticed ALOT of people from my school there, anyway we had Nakhla Strawberry and it was so strong to me i couldnt take a full puff without coughing! and then...the buzz hit me like a Mack truck...along with a massive headache
Old January 9th, 2010, 12:43 PM
bAsiRaH
Banned

just decided to buy one cause a friend loved his so much!!! LOVE MY KM!!!!!!!
Old January 9th, 2010, 12:52 PM
BigBlind
Hookah Pro

My roomate is from pakistan and he wanted to smoke some hookah in our local lounge. at fist i didnt know what it was, but he explained and ever since that day i been smoking hookah!!!!
Old January 9th, 2010, 01:19 PM
jhcoe16
Hookah Newbie

I was introduced one night when I was bored. One of my friends had done it before and we wound up going to Tarboosh in Nashville. I was skeptic at first but then I tried it and loved it. Not sure what the brand was but the flavor was blueberry!
Old January 9th, 2010, 01:33 PM
manjaco
Hookah Aficionado

Second semester at college some friends introduced me to it. Shortly after i bought a chinese generic, once i got on this forum i got a km and i found out how much i love hookah.
Old January 9th, 2010, 01:34 PM
swaflyer1
Hookah Nut

my sister came back from israel with a tiny little heart hookah and we smoked it in the backyard for about 20 min while my parents were gone. i didnt smoke again until i beggged my sister to buy me a big one the next time she went to israel. and the rest is history....
Old January 9th, 2010, 02:05 PM
-jordan-

My friend called me up, and said "hey we're going to a hookah bar, you should come". So I did, and immediately after a two hour session we waltzed down to a shop called hippie gypsy, and I bought my first rig, and all the necessary items to get it smoking... That was the day I fell in love with Hookah..
Old January 9th, 2010, 02:29 PM
FusionX
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to FusionX

I started smoking my freshman year of college. A buddy of mine from the marines and I rolled up to Rutgers University Cook Campus housing to visit a friend. Well this friends roommates weren't exactly following "legal rules", so while they were doing their thing in their room, my friend and I took up on their offer when they asked us if we want to try hookah. At first we were hesitant, but after the dude prepared it and went back to do his illegal thing, my friend and I finally started puffing away.

It was amazing. AF Cherry mixed with Cola. I didn't eat anything the whole day so I got a super buzz and an extreme headache that felt like a migraine. The rest is 5 years history in the making.
Old January 9th, 2010, 03:18 PM
CypherEnigma
Hookah Pro

I started my freshman year of college. A friend of mine from high school had been to a lounge a couple of times on nights off as a camp councilor and told me about it and I didn't really understand it until I went to a lounge during the orientation week of college. I went back to that lounge for one more night before I decided I could do it better and cheaper myself. I signed up for HookahPro and lurked for a while. Bought a clearance Mya mini on H-S and quickly fell in love.

36" Al Falkher Solid - 36" KM Copper Heart Two Hose - 22" Temsah Mini-Wheat(a.k.a. Golden Nugget)
Old January 9th, 2010, 04:09 PM
flippy
Hookah Enthusiast

I started after I got out of high school, my friend got one and I found that smoking hookah was very much enjoyable.
Old January 9th, 2010, 07:02 PM
Lablabla
Hookah Nut

Send a message via MSN to Lablabla

Hookahs are a big hit here in Israel, but i havn't smoked it untill May 08, my friends smoke it for a long time and was trying to get me into too, but i just didn't want to.
Then i met my Ex-girlfriend, and on our first date she heard that i don't smoke hookah and she was like "u've got to try it!" well, the lady the wants, the lady gets. so i did and got hooked up. well, one of the few good things that were left from her
Old January 9th, 2010, 07:10 PM
LetItFly
Hookah Newbie

when i got my ID at 18 and a half to buy a cigar always had to get a friend to get me my cigars but when i went there myself i discovered hookah and asked about it then i got into it haha
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook