Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Group Sponsor?!

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old May 27th, 2007, 03:53 PM
hookahlife
Vendor

Send a message via ICQ to hookahlife Send a message via AIM to hookahlife
Default Group Sponsor?!

Hey everyone,

As much as we love hookah, we love to see others enthusiasm for spreading the hookah mentallity. Thats why we want to spread the word about our sponsor program. We currently sponsor hookah groups and clubs all around the country anywhere from college campuses to neighborhood gatherings, with membership ranging from 5-200+ participants. If you know of or operate a hookah related group with 5 or more members and would like to get sponsored please contact us to get details.

We respond to PM's and Topic reply's, but you can reach us better at our email address.

Contact us anytime, and tell us about your group:

What is the name of your group?
How many members do you have?
How often do you meet?
Do you actively recruit more members?
Where are you located?
What do you love about hookah and the hookah experience?

We look forward to hearing from everyone and thanks in advance for your participation.

Best Regards,
Mike and Eugene
The Owners
Hookah Life
support@hookah-life.com
Old May 28th, 2007, 08:58 AM
freepain
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via AIM to freepain
Default Re: Group Sponsor?!

Thats awesome man !

Great when biz's get involved with the people
Old May 28th, 2007, 10:21 AM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Great idea! Way to get involved and support hookah!

I don't' have a group, but that sounds like a great idea! I am going to look into starting that...

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old May 28th, 2007, 11:10 AM
freepain
Hookah Newbie

Well me and about 10 friends are smoking almost every other day now we might just have to get organized and start a official group
Old May 28th, 2007, 06:16 PM
Smiley
Hookah Nut

Smiley'sSponsor all kinds of stuff also. We love to do it. It is very fun and a great way to educate and Advertise Smiley's
Smiley
Old May 28th, 2007, 07:19 PM
girlgeek
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to girlgeek

My little nameless group has been looking for a cafe that'll have us. I'll probably try for sponsorship once we have a place and a name. I'd love to pimp smiley's shisha I've already started hitting up stores to carry it.
Old May 28th, 2007, 08:09 PM
freepain
Hookah Newbie

I was kinda annoyed because i went to my local hookah bar and told them to check up on smilies and they looked at me kinda like i was retarded for telling them anything about hookah lol

Old May 28th, 2007, 10:40 PM
hookahlife
Vendor

Hey everyone,

Thanks for the participation so far, we love the feedback and the interest.

To clarify the program a bit here are some details on what is involved for both parties and how we have done it in the past with our other partner groups:

Aside from the 15% discount you currently receive through the forum. We can create specialized discounts on the products your group prefers over others, for instance if you all love to smoke Al Fakher tobacco we will provide it a prices unavailable to others, something along the lines of a buying co-op, except without all the complicated stuff.

In addition, as with the other groups we sponsor we will from time to time provide your group with sample packs of products we are testing for inclusion in our inventory or products that your group wishes to sample. We have just recently sent a partner group a welcome package with a couple of Kilos of Tangiers and Havana tobacco and some coals for the group to sample, in exchange they will receive fliers and any other group advertisements we provide to them. Whenever we consider new products for our inventory we do our best to include our partner groups’ considerations and reviews. Along with free samples and packages you will receive, included will be fliers and other misc. advertising materials. We truly want you to enjoy the free goodies we send you, but we also ask that you respect our business and provide us with meaningful feedback. That is the basic extent of our sponsorship.

If there are any products in particular which your groups would like to sample from our website please send us a list and we will see what we can put together, we are usually able to fulfill all requests. We also request, although it’s not required, that you provide us with pictures of your group gatherings for inclusion in a section of our website to be released at a later date.

We strive for this relationship to grow into something mutually beneficial and rewarding for all the participants.

Hope this helps and if there are any more detailed questions please contact us directly via PM or email.

Best Regards,
Mike and Eugene
Old May 28th, 2007, 11:26 PM
girlgeek
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to girlgeek

Wow I better work on that name and location. We were going to go scouting for a location today, but my buddy flaked on me. How does hookah-nauts sound for a name? (yes. . .hookah sailors *giggle*) We have 5 members, no location and have been actively recruiting.

Edited to say: The freelance writer in the group just offered to write reviews based on member input!
Old May 31st, 2007, 04:28 PM
hookahlife
Vendor

Hey everyone,

Thank you for all the reply's so far. It seems like a lot of you have the rough makings of a group. We are pretty lenient with our standards; all you need is a group name and a standard meeting time. You can meet once a year or once a day but it has to be a set schedule to create some order. Once you have this setup email or PM us your complete group information including the group name, total members, meet schedule, lead representative’s name, email and phone if possible. Also, we will need a designated shipping address and a list of your favorite tobaccos, charcoals, accessories and any items you wish to try from our website.

Once we have this information we will contact you with verification and we usually send out a welcome package with your groups favorite items and some promo materials for you to distribute.

Hope this helps and we look forward to getting many group inquiries.

Best Regards,
Mike and Eugene
Hookah Life
support@hookah-life.com
www.hookah-life.com
Old May 31st, 2007, 05:09 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

This sponsor thing sounds interesting. I am part of a narghile society that tries to promote our passion. Basically, a kind old gentleman gave the founders a small cottage in his will and we hold weekly meetings which consist of either taste tests of various kinds of tobamel, mu'essel, tumbāk and jurāk, historical lectures or planning local efforts against the anti-tobacco lobby. On any given day 5-20 are smoking or fixing up the place and making food to share with club members or to give to anti-hunger drives.

In theory we have 177 members but in practical terms I think the number more like 90 of which about 40 or so are very active. To the best of my knowledge, only two members (myself included) spend time on line while the rest seem to busy or active disinterested in things like forums.

When I think of sponsoring narghile events for our club it basically comes down to giving talks and sample smoking sessions at community centers, colleges and libraries. What the hookah life guys are talking about sounds like a good idea as well.
Old June 2nd, 2007, 09:08 PM
hookahlife
Vendor

Hey all,

We have sent formal welcome emails to all of the group representatives. Please review the email and get back to us with any questions or comments. If you did not receive an email, please contact us so we can verify your contact information.

Best regards,
Mike
Hookah Life
Old June 3rd, 2007, 01:27 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

man, I gotta get a group together! Maybe a Florida Group!!!

~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Old June 3rd, 2007, 02:54 PM
KoRnKitten
Moderator Kitteh

Send a message via AIM to KoRnKitten Send a message via Yahoo to KoRnKitten

sam,

that would be cool, you, your girl, me and my man, and then a few others from yours and my side, along with.. anybody else who'd like to pop in.

I think the casbah is a great place? if you want to meet at a hookah bar. if not, then what location would you like?

we need to get this rolling i wouldn't mind getting sponsored. lol

GLaDOS: "You euthanised your faithful companion cube more quickly than any test subject on record. Congratulations!"
Old June 3rd, 2007, 05:08 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Well, I think jagarby and his girl hookahsmoker would go with us! I have a couple other people that would be interested ... that is 8 people to start with at least! You give me 3 weeks notice, and I can round up some people to meet at the casbah, or we can do it at someones house...let me know, we are down!

Old June 3rd, 2007, 05:12 PM
hookahlife
Vendor

We are glad that we got you so excited about starting a hookah club. We love it when the hookah experience transcends just smoking, but becomes a socially bonding activity, because that is what it means to us. Sam and Korn, stay in touch about your group and when you get everything setup please contact us so we can get you enrolled in the Partner Group program.

Regards,
Mike
Hookah Life
Old June 3rd, 2007, 08:56 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

ok, will do! thxs!

Old June 4th, 2007, 09:29 PM
hookahlife
Vendor

Hey all,

Just an update. We have sent emails to the first set of groups which will be receiving the Hookah Life welcome packs. If you did not receive an email, dont worry you are on our list and will be receiving one in the near future.

For those of you that got our emails, please reply promptly with the information we requested and any questions or concerns.

Best regards,
Mike
Hookah Life
Old June 8th, 2007, 11:50 PM
angemonkwj
Hookah Pro

i'd be down with drivin up to smoke with y'all on a weekend or somethin, but i gotta get either a new car or transmission for my car first.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook