Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share
Old January 11th, 2010, 03:08 PM
Hookah Nut

i tried some old Nakhla DA the other day.....the shisha was probably opened about 4-5 months old however stored in a ziplock bag. But i noticed that the flavor was drastically changed and lessened and the buzz was also non-existent. However the newer nakhla tobacco i have is perfect....does old shisha have a lessened taste and buzz? anyone else experience this?
Old January 11th, 2010, 03:12 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend
Default Re: OLD NAKHLA

No, in fact I have found that pretty much every brand of moassel I can think of tastes just fine no matter how old it is if it's been keep in a sealed bag after it was opened. I've had some AF that literally was 10 years old before I opened it and another year or more before I finished that was just fine. Thing is that how a session goes has so much to do with setup and how you smoke that I more often then not more important then what you smoke.
Old January 11th, 2010, 03:27 PM
Hookah Master

if you keep it sealed usually you dont have any issues. SB ive noticed some times smells weird, specifically blue mist but the weird flavor/smell shows up really fast anyway.

i had some DA in a jar that was really dried out so i assume it has sat around for a good long while and it still smoked fine.

john has sent me some old AF that was expired and leaking and it still smokes great, if AF still tasted that way i would buy it

Old January 11th, 2010, 08:16 PM
Hookah Enthusiast
Send a message via AIM to MichaelMassacre

It also depends on the ziplock baggies.

if this bags were stored in a shelf that had a bunch of old garbage or something really potent, its gonna taste like that in the bag which will make the shisha taste the same...

Also as Hajo said, depends on the setup. I've had shisha that has sat out for a month or two ( GO AF GRAPE) & it tasted wonderful & still the same 'buzz' i would have gotten if I got buzzes anymore & the same big clouds & taste.

BUT - Go Nakhla & sorry to hear it wasn't the same
KM Carnival | KM Exotica | KM Black Pearl | KM Double Pear
Nakhla, El Hennawy, Tangiers Noir & Desi Murli
http://www.icepets.com - NOW OPEN
Old January 12th, 2010, 03:31 AM
Hookah Newbie

Yesteday I found this really old cheap brand watermelon shisha.
It smelled like nothing; I thought the flavor would be gone too, but I actually got surprised when I started smoking it and it tasted delicious, very different from what I remembered.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook