Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Great Mixes

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old January 12th, 2010, 02:57 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Default Great Mixes

I discovered a really good using Desi Merli Peach and Afzal Golden Amber. Just mix at 3:1 ratio, add about 10ml of molasses (not blackstrap) and 5ml of glycerin and mix everything thoroughly. What you get is a slighly sweet, slightly fruity earthy taste with a definite creamy aspect and higher then normal amount of smoke. Very pleasant and relaxing. A funnel or a vortex bowl is a must for this mix.

A second great mix uses 4 parts Desi Merli Plain or peach and one part Hookah-Hookah 7 Spice. In both cases mix in about 10ml of molasses (not blackstrap) and 5ml of glycerin and mix everything thoroughly as before. If you use DM plain as the base you get a nice mildly sweet, earthy tobacco taste that makes DM plain so great along with a nice spicy background that really is a treat. If you DM peach as the base you get a great earthy/sweet/fruity combo with a nice spicy after taste.

I hope a few of you guys actually gives these blends a try since they really are a delight.
Old January 12th, 2010, 03:19 PM
BigBlind
Hookah Pro

Default Re: Great Mixes

these blends sounds great. i just wish i had the ingredients to mix them up and load a bowl right now!!!
Old January 12th, 2010, 03:30 PM
MAD_HATTER
Hookah Master

shit i want to try them lol.. just need the HH and afzal
Old January 12th, 2010, 05:58 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

You don't really need the glycerin but it's nice if you want higher then normal smoke production. You guys should really go out and pick up some Afzal Golden Amber since it's cheap, a pretty smoke by itself and a great mixer. It's one of my staples that I use all the time. Silver Fox is also a great multi-purpose moassel that is pretty cheap and above average by itself.

Another great mix:

3 parts Hookah-Hookah Cavendish, two parts Desi Merli Plain & 1 part Afzal Golden Amber or Silver Fox. Mix in with 10ml of molasses (glycerin isn't needed) and pack in a vortex bowl. The end result is a wonderfully complex smoke with very good density and mouth feel. Taste wise you get bit of woody/earth tones, a slight mint like taste in the background and all the benefits of DM plain with a bit of sweetness. You simply can't beat this combo.
Old January 12th, 2010, 06:08 PM
MAD_HATTER
Hookah Master

ok... these damn mixes sound freaking good lol... where exactly do they sale afzal?
Old January 12th, 2010, 06:10 PM
blazingking
Hookah Nut

is afzal good cus i've tried about 10 of their flavours and the only 1 i liked was rooafzah paan. i think they sell afzal at texashookah i got mine from india though.
Old January 12th, 2010, 11:39 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Afzal is pretty easy to get and know that hookah1.com, texashookah.com, hookahhost.com, hookahhub.com,saharasmoke.com & hookahnut.com all have it and I am sure a bunch of other places carry it as.

The brand is, like most, definitely a mixed bag as some of what they make sucks. Also, Soex is made by the same company and since the packaging looks the same they often get confused. Soex is shit. Don't buy it.

Anyway, the best stuff that Afzal makes are: Rooh Afzal, Bombay Paan, Pudina & vanilla

Very good flavours they make worth having are: Golden Amber, Silver Fox, Coffee & Cardamon

Since Afzal is cheap and the flavours above good on their own or mixed I recommend them.

Anyhow, you guys should try out the mixes above!
Old January 13th, 2010, 01:32 AM
MAD_HATTER
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajo Flettner View Post
Afzal is pretty easy to get and know that hookah1.com, texashookah.com, hookahhost.com, hookahhub.com,saharasmoke.com & hookahnut.com all have it and I am sure a bunch of other places carry it as.

The brand is, like most, definitely a mixed bag as some of what they make sucks. Also, Soex is made by the same company and since the packaging looks the same they often get confused. Soex is shit. Don't buy it.

Anyway, the best stuff that Afzal makes are: Rooh Afzal, Bombay Paan, Pudina & vanilla

Very good flavours they make worth having are: Golden Amber, Silver Fox, Coffee & Cardamon

Since Afzal is cheap and the flavours above good on their own or mixed I recommend them.

Anyhow, you guys should try out the mixes above!
trust me i am lol... just gunna wait until next week to get the afzal and DM at the same time
Old January 16th, 2010, 01:50 PM
blazingking
Hookah Nut

Quote:
i might of got some fake afzal then because the box said afzal but the plastic seal on the box said soex.
Old January 16th, 2010, 01:58 PM
wicket_nirvana
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazingking View Post
i might of got some fake afzal then because the box said afzal but the plastic seal on the box said soex.
same for me, couldnt tell if it was crap tobacco or if i was smokin it wrong as it was a new brand for me. i had the orange and the lemon lime and they were ok but left a bad taste in my hookah
Old January 16th, 2010, 11:11 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Afzal does make some nasty stuff so if you're not sure if you like flavour then just by a 50 gram packet. I for one hate the Menthos flavour they make but apparently a lot of people like it. I've got a list of flavours I like a few posts back and I use them all the time as mixers so I strongly recommend them.

Desi Merli basically makes only good stuff and a lot of it is fantastic. As far as I am concerned they are the best brand on the U.S. market by far.

Anyone try out the mixes yet?
Old January 17th, 2010, 12:35 AM
glostersa
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket_nirvana View Post
same for me, couldnt tell if it was crap tobacco or if i was smokin it wrong as it was a new brand for me. i had the orange and the lemon lime and they were ok but left a bad taste in my hookah
Soex and Afzal is the same company. So those boxes was legit

Cannot get desi merli here
Old January 17th, 2010, 03:54 AM
krampi
Hookah Pro

Send a message via MSN to krampi

I don't know where to get molasses here But I'm about to get my hands on some DM in the future.
Old January 17th, 2010, 02:22 PM
demented
Hookah Newbie

I tried this one mix...sounds kinda off but feel me out.

Nakhla DA for the base of the mix
AF guava
and a touch of AF mint.

I'm still working out the ratio mix but it is off the hook. The Flavor comes off as creamy, tart with a back end of mint. The secretary at my work told me thats her grandma's go to mix.
Old January 17th, 2010, 11:23 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

That is an interesting sounding mix indeed.

A stand by for me is 5 parts H-H Cavendish, 1 part H-H 7 spice, 2 parts Afzal Silver Fox or Golden Amber and 1 part Afzal Paan. A really great mix of mild tobacco and spice tones with just enough mint and to be interesting. A really pleasant session awaits anyone that makes it.
Old January 18th, 2010, 12:00 AM
Crown Hookahs
Vendor

Send a message via AIM to Crown Hookahs

I loooove me some afzal orange, and Hajo is actually making me want to try some new HH flavors.
Old January 18th, 2010, 03:50 AM
shawnwhyte
Hookah Pro

I threw 50% AF Vanilla, 25% Nakhla Lemon, and 25% Nakhla Rose together tonight. Oh my gard. Sister asked me if I was baking cookies, it smelt so good, and smoked even better.
Old January 18th, 2010, 02:02 PM
Special K
Hookah Nut

I love the following mix:

80% Afzal Bomday Paan Masala
20% Nakhla Mint

It tastes like paan with a hint of supari...just amazing.
Old January 18th, 2010, 02:05 PM
BuzzHookah
Hookah Pro

JM's Pink Lemondade (90%) Mizo Mint (10%) it really close to being majestic in nature
Old February 13th, 2010, 02:15 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

A really great and simple mix is Nakhla Early Grey and Desi Merli Plain in equal parts. While it's terrific by itself 10ml of light molasses makes it even better and if you want more smoke (necessary for blend IMO) you can toss about 10ml of glycerin and get great clouds as well.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook