Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

how about the ed hardy

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old January 16th, 2010, 08:53 PM
JDShisha
Hookah Nut

Default Re: how about the ed hardy

overpriced ! hookahs
Old January 16th, 2010, 10:04 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

I rather have AIDS.
Old January 16th, 2010, 10:07 PM
Cnphoto
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCServe View Post
Just tried the Ed Hardy tobacco and it is the same as Starbuzz!
There is no difference, excepting the price.
because starbuzz makes the ed hardy line.
Old January 16th, 2010, 10:55 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

The reason I detest Ed hardy stuff is not because it's cheesy, over priced or even because sell Mya stuff at twice the price. The reason EH stuff bugs me so much is because it's taking a wonderful heritage of craftsmanship and sublime delight and turning it into just another vapid consumer trade designed to make some talentless marketing firm rich. The fact that it's cheesy, low class designs made in some Chinese factory with slave labour doesn't help and the insanely high prices make it worse still.

I read the blog and bit about quality and individuality and I have snicker because the idea that having something trendy and designer is an act of mindless conformity.

Basically I see EH and SB/fantasia as gimmicks rather then something of substance. Star Buzz and Ed Hardy seem as far removed our hobby as Green Day is from real punk rock or cheese wiz is from Gorgonzola or politics from honesty
Old January 16th, 2010, 11:11 PM
orange drink
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajo Flettner View Post
The reason I detest Ed hardy stuff is not because it's cheesy, over priced or even because sell Mya stuff at twice the price. The reason EH stuff bugs me so much is because it's taking a wonderful heritage of craftsmanship and sublime delight and turning it into just another vapid consumer trade designed to make some talentless marketing firm rich. The fact that it's cheesy, low class designs made in some Chinese factory with slave labour doesn't help and the insanely high prices make it worse still.

I read the blog and bit about quality and individuality and I have snicker because the idea that having something trendy and designer is an act of mindless conformity.

Basically I see EH and SB/fantasia as gimmicks rather then something of substance. Star Buzz and Ed Hardy seem as far removed our hobby as Green Day is from real punk rock or cheese wiz is from Gorgonzola or politics from honesty
+1 Thumbs up to this post.
Old January 17th, 2010, 01:16 AM
unicycleboy3190
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenSilk View Post
I rather have AIDS.
+1 on that lol

Old January 17th, 2010, 01:43 AM
MAD_HATTER
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajo Flettner View Post

+1000

QFTMFT!!!
Old January 17th, 2010, 03:30 AM
unicycleboy3190
Hookah Pro

lol nice mad

Old January 17th, 2010, 04:32 PM
houseofsmokes
Vendor

i used to sell these in my store and they look very nice in person. that takes a lot for me to say because i cant stand the site of ed hardy. when we actually got to smoking out of it, it was nothing but a unpleasant time. it doesnt pull as nice as others and it doesnt smoke nice at all. overall i would say it is a nice looking hookah but does not hit at all. just my .02
Old January 17th, 2010, 04:37 PM
MAD_HATTER
Hookah Master

i looks like a hookah that the cast from that show "The Jersey Shore" would own...

lmfao.. big ass ball of douches
Old January 17th, 2010, 05:23 PM
hookahman1988
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to hookahman1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAD_HATTER View Post
i looks like a hookah that the cast from that show "The Jersey Shore" would own...

I would gouge my eyes out before watching that show. The girls aren't too bad looking though, not the sharpest knives in the block, but nice to look at. As for the hookahs...overpriced garbage, anyone that has one deserves to be laughed at and humiliated in public.
Old January 17th, 2010, 05:37 PM
dreadscought
Hookah Nut

Got a can of E.H. lemonade on sale. Can you say starbuzz lemon tea?
Old January 17th, 2010, 05:53 PM
unicycleboy3190
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAD_HATTER View Post

yep nothing but douche's

Old January 17th, 2010, 07:54 PM
uglybiker
Quantum Bubblenautics,PhD

Quote:
Originally Posted by unicycleboy3190 View Post
yep nothing but silicone!
Fixed it.

Old January 18th, 2010, 01:37 AM
unicycleboy3190
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by uglybiker View Post
Fixed it.
HAHAH very true lol

Old January 18th, 2010, 02:05 AM
jakejacobson
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofsmokes View Post
i used to sell these in my store and they look very nice in person. that takes a lot for me to say because i cant stand the site of ed hardy. when we actually got to smoking out of it, it was nothing but a unpleasant time. it doesnt pull as nice as others and it doesnt smoke nice at all. overall i would say it is a nice looking hookah but does not hit at all. just my .02
Nice to see you on here houseofsmokes!
Old January 18th, 2010, 02:07 AM
bAsiRaH
Banned

yep def overpriced chinese crap
Old January 18th, 2010, 02:18 AM
bpetruzzo
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to bpetruzzo Send a message via Skype™ to bpetruzzo

Man, Hookahpro really doesn't like Ed Hardy.

I can't imagine they're anywhere near as bad as people are making them out to be. Sure, they don't look like something I would buy, but I'm also not into tattoo culture either. So, that's not saying much.

Now, I've smoked out of at least 12 different hookahs--that may not be too many for a lot of people--but all of them were from varying degrees of quality (including painfully crappy). But with basic heat management, I've gotten good smokes out of all of them. As far as I can tell, and I know some will disagree, it seems to me that provided the mechanics of a hookah pipe are in place, it's all about how you pack your bowl and manage your heat.

I'd bet Ed Hardy hookahs will smoke great, especially if your preference isn't for a wider draw, which mine is not so much.

Just sayin.
Old January 18th, 2010, 02:56 AM
MAD_HATTER
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpetruzzo View Post
Man, Hookahpro really doesn't like Ed Hardy.

I can't imagine they're anywhere near as bad as people are making them out to be. Sure, they don't look like something I would buy, but I'm also not into tattoo culture either. So, that's not saying much.

Now, I've smoked out of at least 12 different hookahs--that may not be too many for a lot of people--but all of them were from varying degrees of quality (including painfully crappy). But with basic heat management, I've gotten good smokes out of all of them. As far as I can tell, and I know some will disagree, it seems to me that provided the mechanics of a hookah pipe are in place, it's all about how you pack your bowl and manage your heat.

I'd bet Ed Hardy hookahs will smoke great, especially if your preference isn't for a wider draw, which mine is not so much.

Just sayin.
well one of the main reasons i don't like ed hardy is that they are making hookah TO!! gimmicky
Old January 18th, 2010, 03:03 AM
forecastle
Hookah Pro

bpetruzzo is right. Even if this Hookah is endorsed by a company that we (all) hate, it doesn't mean that the hookah is bad. For all we know this could be the best hookah ever invented... Unfortunately for EH it is not. Or, at least not from what those who have tried it have said. The real crime here however is the price. Look, even if this WAS a great hookah, the price range of 400-600 dollars is just to much. For that price it would have to be the best hookah/radio/gym membership/swiss watch ever invented. Who is going to drop almost/over half a grand for this hookah?
In this respect it is both insane and insulting to the hookah world. And for EH to not even mention starbuzz in their logo until almost everyone called bs on them? Not the best in business practices if you ask me.
Now as most have said, the Ed Hardy name is now considered to be hand in hand with douchebaggery. It would be like slapping a photo of a burning cross on the damn thing and saying "look, this it hip and edgy. Not many people will like it but the one's that do are with it man!" Will some people get it? Yes. Will some people even buy it... Yes again. This does not mean that it is not the worst thing ever made.
In closing, when seeing a new product such as the EH hookah/shisha, feel free to hate it. But, hate it accordingly, and for what it is. A money grubbing, slave wager using, douche sucking piece of idiocy, and not at the imperfections that the certain items might or might not contain.
And if you like Ed Hardy... You're probably an OK person who might just have what we consider an unfortunate taste in style. But that doesn't make you a bad person so keep on being the most awesome person in your life!
Old January 18th, 2010, 03:29 AM
unicycleboy3190
Hookah Pro

yeah thats pri why i dislike it so much he makes something for everything and people think that if something isnt selling just slap an ed hardy tattoo on it and it will sell even if it is cheap
my aunt is really into ed hardy and she buys everything ed hardy and if they come out with an ed hardy fish hookah she will pri buy it
when people are ed hardy crazy they buy everything ed hardy
and thats just gets old to me like i can see like designer hookahs but shisha too
i think thats a little to far

Old January 18th, 2010, 03:53 AM
Cnphoto
Hookah Pro

yeah although the hookah looks..nice....i dont think its really for functionality...seriously..who would make a THIN GLASS ashtray?!?!
Old January 18th, 2010, 11:09 AM
bpetruzzo
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to bpetruzzo Send a message via Skype™ to bpetruzzo

http://www.silverhookah.com/34-1-Hos...B0032IMDFC.htm

The hookahs is not upwards of $600. It's $279. Yes, expensive and significantly more than I would spend on it. But there are surely some EH enthusiasts who would be willing to pay that. I'm sure the thing isn't really cheaply made, even if it is made in China. Chinese made doesn't equal poor quality.

I don't know, $279 seems pretty reasonable for a specialty item. And when it comes to specialty products, people who don't have that particular interest are always going to think it's stupid.
Old January 18th, 2010, 11:42 AM
Firestorm
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via MSN to Firestorm

I don't know who Ed Hardy is, never saw or heard his name before this post!

Last edited by Firestorm; January 18th, 2010 at 12:41 PM.
Old January 18th, 2010, 01:32 PM
BuzzHookah
Hookah Pro

buying an ed hardy rig would be like slapping the g-d nahkla in the face...IN THE FACE
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook