Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu
   

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

how about the ed hardy

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Old January 16th, 2010, 08:53 PM
JDShisha
Status: Offline
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 215
Default Re: how about the ed hardy

overpriced ! hookahs
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old January 16th, 2010, 10:04 PM
ZenSilk's Avatar
ZenSilk
Status: Offline
Hookah Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 5,605
Default Re: how about the ed hardy

I rather have AIDS.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old January 16th, 2010, 10:07 PM
Cnphoto's Avatar
Cnphoto
Status: Offline
Hookah Pro
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 543
Default Re: how about the ed hardy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCServe View Post
Just tried the Ed Hardy tobacco and it is the same as Starbuzz!
There is no difference, excepting the price.
because starbuzz makes the ed hardy line.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old January 16th, 2010, 10:55 PM
Hajo Flettner
Status: Offline
Hookah Legend
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,746
Default Re: how about the ed hardy

The reason I detest Ed hardy stuff is not because it's cheesy, over priced or even because sell Mya stuff at twice the price. The reason EH stuff bugs me so much is because it's taking a wonderful heritage of craftsmanship and sublime delight and turning it into just another vapid consumer trade designed to make some talentless marketing firm rich. The fact that it's cheesy, low class designs made in some Chinese factory with slave labour doesn't help and the insanely high prices make it worse still.

I read the blog and bit about quality and individuality and I have snicker because the idea that having something trendy and designer is an act of mindless conformity.

Basically I see EH and SB/fantasia as gimmicks rather then something of substance. Star Buzz and Ed Hardy seem as far removed our hobby as Green Day is from real punk rock or cheese wiz is from Gorgonzola or politics from honesty
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old January 16th, 2010, 11:11 PM
orange drink
Status: Offline
Hookah Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 37
Default Re: how about the ed hardy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajo Flettner View Post
The reason I detest Ed hardy stuff is not because it's cheesy, over priced or even because sell Mya stuff at twice the price. The reason EH stuff bugs me so much is because it's taking a wonderful heritage of craftsmanship and sublime delight and turning it into just another vapid consumer trade designed to make some talentless marketing firm rich. The fact that it's cheesy, low class designs made in some Chinese factory with slave labour doesn't help and the insanely high prices make it worse still.

I read the blog and bit about quality and individuality and I have snicker because the idea that having something trendy and designer is an act of mindless conformity.

Basically I see EH and SB/fantasia as gimmicks rather then something of substance. Star Buzz and Ed Hardy seem as far removed our hobby as Green Day is from real punk rock or cheese wiz is from Gorgonzola or politics from honesty
+1 Thumbs up to this post.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old January 17th, 2010, 01:16 AM
unicycleboy3190's Avatar
unicycleboy3190
Status: Offline
Hookah Pro
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: muncie indiana
Posts: 793
Default Re: how about the ed hardy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenSilk View Post
I rather have AIDS.
+1 on that lol
__________________
KM 38 inch green pear, KM 34 inch black single pear 3 hose, Caravan 32 inch green single pear


Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old January 17th, 2010, 01:43 AM
MAD_HATTER's Avatar
MAD_HATTER
Status: Offline
Hookah Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: SoCal- Long Beach
Posts: 5,342
Default Re: how about the ed hardy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajo Flettner View Post
The reason I detest Ed hardy stuff is not because it's cheesy, over priced or even because sell Mya stuff at twice the price. The reason EH stuff bugs me so much is because it's taking a wonderful heritage of craftsmanship and sublime delight and turning it into just another vapid consumer trade designed to make some talentless marketing firm rich. The fact that it's cheesy, low class designs made in some Chinese factory with slave labour doesn't help and the insanely high prices make it worse still.

I read the blog and bit about quality and individuality and I have snicker because the idea that having something trendy and designer is an act of mindless conformity.

Basically I see EH and SB/fantasia as gimmicks rather then something of substance. Star Buzz and Ed Hardy seem as far removed our hobby as Green Day is from real punk rock or cheese wiz is from Gorgonzola or politics from honesty
+1000

QFTMFT!!!
__________________
With those happy thoughts, in my head, I'm feeling like I'm peter pan... Minus the tights and the fairies....
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old January 17th, 2010, 03:30 AM
unicycleboy3190's Avatar
unicycleboy3190
Status: Offline
Hookah Pro
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: muncie indiana
Posts: 793
Default Re: how about the ed hardy

lol nice mad
__________________
KM 38 inch green pear, KM 34 inch black single pear 3 hose, Caravan 32 inch green single pear


Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old January 17th, 2010, 04:32 PM
houseofsmokes
Status: Offline
Vendor
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 72
Default Re: how about the ed hardy

i used to sell these in my store and they look very nice in person. that takes a lot for me to say because i cant stand the site of ed hardy. when we actually got to smoking out of it, it was nothing but a unpleasant time. it doesnt pull as nice as others and it doesnt smoke nice at all. overall i would say it is a nice looking hookah but does not hit at all. just my .02
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old January 17th, 2010, 04:37 PM
MAD_HATTER's Avatar
MAD_HATTER
Status: Offline
Hookah Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: SoCal- Long Beach
Posts: 5,342
Default Re: how about the ed hardy

i looks like a hookah that the cast from that show "The Jersey Shore" would own...



lmfao.. big ass ball of douches
__________________
With those happy thoughts, in my head, I'm feeling like I'm peter pan... Minus the tights and the fairies....
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old January 17th, 2010, 05:23 PM
hookahman1988's Avatar
hookahman1988
Status: Offline
Hookah Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 1,440
Send a message via AIM to hookahman1988
Default Re: how about the ed hardy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAD_HATTER View Post
i looks like a hookah that the cast from that show "The Jersey Shore" would own...



lmfao.. big ass ball of douches
I would gouge my eyes out before watching that show. The girls aren't too bad looking though, not the sharpest knives in the block, but nice to look at. As for the hookahs...overpriced garbage, anyone that has one deserves to be laughed at and humiliated in public.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old January 17th, 2010, 05:37 PM
dreadscought's Avatar
dreadscought
Status: Offline
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Posts: 336
Default Re: how about the ed hardy

Got a can of E.H. lemonade on sale. Can you say starbuzz lemon tea?
__________________
Giant Hookahs and large tangiers funnels. Oh
Yeah!
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old January 17th, 2010, 05:53 PM
unicycleboy3190's Avatar
unicycleboy3190
Status: Offline
Hookah Pro
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: muncie indiana
Posts: 793
Default Re: how about the ed hardy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAD_HATTER View Post
i looks like a hookah that the cast from that show "The Jersey Shore" would own...



lmfao.. big ass ball of douches
yep nothing but douche's
__________________
KM 38 inch green pear, KM 34 inch black single pear 3 hose, Caravan 32 inch green single pear


Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old January 17th, 2010, 07:54 PM
uglybiker's Avatar
uglybiker
Status: Offline
Quantum Bubblenautics,PhD

 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: The Dread Pyramid of Itzilichlitlichlitzl
Posts: 7,366
Default Re: how about the ed hardy

Quote:
Originally Posted by unicycleboy3190 View Post
yep nothing but silicone!
Fixed it.
__________________
FroYo = Phatt Azzd Kaloudz Yo!

Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old January 18th, 2010, 01:37 AM
unicycleboy3190's Avatar
unicycleboy3190
Status: Offline
Hookah Pro
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: muncie indiana
Posts: 793
Default Re: how about the ed hardy

Quote:
Originally Posted by uglybiker View Post
Fixed it.
HAHAH very true lol
__________________
KM 38 inch green pear, KM 34 inch black single pear 3 hose, Caravan 32 inch green single pear


Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old January 18th, 2010, 02:05 AM
jakejacobson
Status: Offline
Vendor
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 585
Default Re: how about the ed hardy

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofsmokes View Post
i used to sell these in my store and they look very nice in person. that takes a lot for me to say because i cant stand the site of ed hardy. when we actually got to smoking out of it, it was nothing but a unpleasant time. it doesnt pull as nice as others and it doesnt smoke nice at all. overall i would say it is a nice looking hookah but does not hit at all. just my .02
Nice to see you on here houseofsmokes!
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old January 18th, 2010, 02:07 AM
bAsiRaH
Status: Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Home Country: SYRIA
Posts: 72
Default Re: how about the ed hardy

yep def overpriced chinese crap
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old January 18th, 2010, 02:18 AM
bpetruzzo's Avatar
bpetruzzo
Status: Offline
Hookah Pro
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Annapolis/Washington DC
Posts: 709
Send a message via AIM to bpetruzzo Send a message via Skype™ to bpetruzzo
Default Re: how about the ed hardy

Man, Hookahpro really doesn't like Ed Hardy.

I can't imagine they're anywhere near as bad as people are making them out to be. Sure, they don't look like something I would buy, but I'm also not into tattoo culture either. So, that's not saying much.

Now, I've smoked out of at least 12 different hookahs--that may not be too many for a lot of people--but all of them were from varying degrees of quality (including painfully crappy). But with basic heat management, I've gotten good smokes out of all of them. As far as I can tell, and I know some will disagree, it seems to me that provided the mechanics of a hookah pipe are in place, it's all about how you pack your bowl and manage your heat.

I'd bet Ed Hardy hookahs will smoke great, especially if your preference isn't for a wider draw, which mine is not so much.

Just sayin.
__________________
This is my:
website, petruzzo.com
blog, williampetruzzo.com
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old January 18th, 2010, 02:56 AM
MAD_HATTER's Avatar
MAD_HATTER
Status: Offline
Hookah Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: SoCal- Long Beach
Posts: 5,342
Default Re: how about the ed hardy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpetruzzo View Post
Man, Hookahpro really doesn't like Ed Hardy.

I can't imagine they're anywhere near as bad as people are making them out to be. Sure, they don't look like something I would buy, but I'm also not into tattoo culture either. So, that's not saying much.

Now, I've smoked out of at least 12 different hookahs--that may not be too many for a lot of people--but all of them were from varying degrees of quality (including painfully crappy). But with basic heat management, I've gotten good smokes out of all of them. As far as I can tell, and I know some will disagree, it seems to me that provided the mechanics of a hookah pipe are in place, it's all about how you pack your bowl and manage your heat.

I'd bet Ed Hardy hookahs will smoke great, especially if your preference isn't for a wider draw, which mine is not so much.

Just sayin.
well one of the main reasons i don't like ed hardy is that they are making hookah TO!! gimmicky
__________________
With those happy thoughts, in my head, I'm feeling like I'm peter pan... Minus the tights and the fairies....
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old January 18th, 2010, 03:03 AM
forecastle's Avatar
forecastle
Status: Offline
Hookah Pro
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Louisville, Kentucky
Posts: 596
Default Re: how about the ed hardy

bpetruzzo is right. Even if this Hookah is endorsed by a company that we (all) hate, it doesn't mean that the hookah is bad. For all we know this could be the best hookah ever invented... Unfortunately for EH it is not. Or, at least not from what those who have tried it have said. The real crime here however is the price. Look, even if this WAS a great hookah, the price range of 400-600 dollars is just to much. For that price it would have to be the best hookah/radio/gym membership/swiss watch ever invented. Who is going to drop almost/over half a grand for this hookah?
In this respect it is both insane and insulting to the hookah world. And for EH to not even mention starbuzz in their logo until almost everyone called bs on them? Not the best in business practices if you ask me.
Now as most have said, the Ed Hardy name is now considered to be hand in hand with douchebaggery. It would be like slapping a photo of a burning cross on the damn thing and saying "look, this it hip and edgy. Not many people will like it but the one's that do are with it man!" Will some people get it? Yes. Will some people even buy it... Yes again. This does not mean that it is not the worst thing ever made.
In closing, when seeing a new product such as the EH hookah/shisha, feel free to hate it. But, hate it accordingly, and for what it is. A money grubbing, slave wager using, douche sucking piece of idiocy, and not at the imperfections that the certain items might or might not contain.
And if you like Ed Hardy... You're probably an OK person who might just have what we consider an unfortunate taste in style. But that doesn't make you a bad person so keep on being the most awesome person in your life!
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old January 18th, 2010, 03:29 AM
unicycleboy3190's Avatar
unicycleboy3190
Status: Offline
Hookah Pro
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: muncie indiana
Posts: 793
Default Re: how about the ed hardy

yeah thats pri why i dislike it so much he makes something for everything and people think that if something isnt selling just slap an ed hardy tattoo on it and it will sell even if it is cheap
my aunt is really into ed hardy and she buys everything ed hardy and if they come out with an ed hardy fish hookah she will pri buy it
when people are ed hardy crazy they buy everything ed hardy
and thats just gets old to me like i can see like designer hookahs but shisha too
i think thats a little to far
__________________
KM 38 inch green pear, KM 34 inch black single pear 3 hose, Caravan 32 inch green single pear


Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old January 18th, 2010, 03:53 AM
Cnphoto's Avatar
Cnphoto
Status: Offline
Hookah Pro
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 543
Default Re: how about the ed hardy

yeah although the hookah looks..nice....i dont think its really for functionality...seriously..who would make a THIN GLASS ashtray?!?!
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old January 18th, 2010, 11:09 AM
bpetruzzo's Avatar
bpetruzzo
Status: Offline
Hookah Pro
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Annapolis/Washington DC
Posts: 709
Send a message via AIM to bpetruzzo Send a message via Skype™ to bpetruzzo
Default Re: how about the ed hardy

http://www.silverhookah.com/34-1-Hos...B0032IMDFC.htm

The hookahs is not upwards of $600. It's $279. Yes, expensive and significantly more than I would spend on it. But there are surely some EH enthusiasts who would be willing to pay that. I'm sure the thing isn't really cheaply made, even if it is made in China. Chinese made doesn't equal poor quality.

I don't know, $279 seems pretty reasonable for a specialty item. And when it comes to specialty products, people who don't have that particular interest are always going to think it's stupid.
__________________
This is my:
website, petruzzo.com
blog, williampetruzzo.com
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old January 18th, 2010, 11:42 AM
Firestorm's Avatar
Firestorm
Status: Offline
Hookah Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Arujį, Brazil
Posts: 31
Send a message via MSN to Firestorm
Default Re: how about the ed hardy

I don't know who Ed Hardy is, never saw or heard his name before this post!

Last edited by Firestorm; January 18th, 2010 at 12:41 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old January 18th, 2010, 01:32 PM
BuzzHookah's Avatar
BuzzHookah
Status: Offline
Hookah Pro
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: CT, Good ol USA
Posts: 700
Default Re: how about the ed hardy

buying an ed hardy rig would be like slapping the g-d nahkla in the face...IN THE FACE
Reply With Quote
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook

Bookmarks

Tags
ed hardy, hookah accessories

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ed Hardy Shisha Tobacco Dunkel Shisha / Tobacco 1 April 4th, 2010 02:50 AM
Ed Hardy hookah? elements110 Hookah Discussion 21 January 26th, 2010 06:49 PM
Ed Hardy Shisha Review Mackmaven Shisha / Tobacco 0 October 14th, 2009 03:16 PM
Ed Hardy goes shisha (hookah)?! Siken Hookah Discussion 113 October 1st, 2009 03:24 PM
Ed Hardy Shisha...Seriously? hookahman1988 Hookah Discussion 71 August 27th, 2009 03:54 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:28 PM.

Skin Design By vBSkinworks



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2007 - 2012, Hookah Pro Inc.