Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

how about the ed hardy

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old January 20th, 2010, 12:08 AM
Madwolf
Hookah Enthusiast

Default Re: Has Ed Hardy gone too far with hookah products?

MH Ill Sharpie up your hookah for free!!
Old January 20th, 2010, 12:09 AM
mrbojangles447
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madwolf View Post
too expensive
Old January 20th, 2010, 12:12 AM
MAD_HATTER
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madwolf View Post
will you sharpie it up real good?
Old January 20th, 2010, 12:15 AM
Madwolf
Hookah Enthusiast

Ill Do it reall good !!!!
Old January 20th, 2010, 12:15 AM
demented
Hookah Newbie

I guess there is no place you can hide from d-bags.
Old January 20th, 2010, 12:18 AM
cmoreno14
Hookah Nut

i actually kinda like that white hookah and the cases *runs and hides from the oncoming flames*
Old January 20th, 2010, 12:19 AM
mrbojangles447
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by demented View Post
I guess there is no place you can hide from d-bags.
what about under your blanket. everyone knows that d-bags cant stand blankets. it's like garlic to vampires
Old January 20th, 2010, 12:20 AM
mrbojangles447
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmoreno14 View Post
i actually kinda like that white hookah and the cases *runs and hides from the oncoming flames*
OH NO WERE YOU BITTEN BY A D-BAG?!?!?!?!
Old January 20th, 2010, 12:24 AM
MAD_HATTER
Hookah Master

wtf they have bowls to? and coals?
Old January 20th, 2010, 12:36 AM
flippy
Hookah Enthusiast

I think they have Chinese Phunnels?
Old January 20th, 2010, 12:40 AM
cmoreno14
Hookah Nut

lol the descrpition reads
"Everything here is made by Inhale Hookahs for Ed Hardy. So please keep in mind these are chinese hookahs and will smoke about average"
Old January 20th, 2010, 12:48 AM
BTBAMordecai
Hookah Pro

so jersey shore guys can smoke to
Old January 20th, 2010, 12:50 AM
MC_Gatty
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by flippy View Post
I think they have Chinese Phunnels?
No no no - "tower bowls."

The coals description is priceless too:
Quote:
I am not going to lie to you. These are a buy to ad to your collection not to smoke.

These are simply Hypnosis cals repacked. Don`t get me wrong they look good but the bottom line is I would not smoke them again.
Old January 20th, 2010, 01:32 AM
Furrymessiah
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Furrymessiah Send a message via MSN to Furrymessiah Send a message via Yahoo to Furrymessiah Send a message via Skype™ to Furrymessiah
Default Re: how about the ed hardy

The ONLY EH thing I own is one of the lighters Camel cigarettes were including for free when you bought packs of smokes, back when EH was known as Sailor Jerry.

A good Zippo knockoff, but even getting it for free, I paid too much.
Old January 20th, 2010, 02:03 AM
foibled
Hookah Pro

There are a lot of misconceptions in this thread. Ed Hardy is not Sailor Jerry. Don Ed Hardy was a pupil of Norman "Sailor Jerry" Collins. The brand Ed Hardy is the work of Christian Audigier and is based on Ed Hardy's artwork. The Ed Hardy brand is licensed by the former Sultan Tobacco USA, which became Fantasia, for hookah and tobacco use. The tobacco is packaged (made?) by Starbuzz, and the hookahs are made by Inhale. The quality of the Ed Hardy hookahs is actually pretty good and among the best of the Chinese made hookah products. They are not just stickers, ie. the artwork on the case is actually embroidered.

Last edited by foibled; January 20th, 2010 at 02:14 AM.
Old January 20th, 2010, 02:11 AM
MC_Gatty
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzHookah View Post
Making a scotch and soda with Johnnie Walker Blue label
Dear God!!

As far as EH goes, the only thing I have to say about it that hasn't been said is that what gets me most is their poorly written-blog (and the assumption that it will actually do anything to sway their detractors, as they explicitly--and arrogantly--note in a recent post)... not to mention the inexplicable NHT tags on many of the posts there. And to add insult to injury, they invoke the free market as their defense (something I hold dear) while AT THE SAME TIME acting all pissy when people dare to slander their product.
Old January 20th, 2010, 02:43 AM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpetruzzo View Post
Yeah, I'm not really defending the hookah. I would never buy it and I'd advise others against it because there are really excellent hookahs for less than half the price. I'm more just saying that it's not as unreasonable as this thread seems to make it. Provided the hookah doesn't rust and is capable of smoking well, both of which are probably true, then it's not all that crazy. Lots of industries do this kind of thing in order to market to a very specific niche. What makes this strange is that we, as hookah smokers, are already a pretty narrow niche. The Ed Hardy hookah is narrowing that down ever more.

They're not making a hookah for all of us, they're making one for the incredibly small niche of hookah smokers who are also big Ed Hardy fans. When you do something like that, an inflated price tag is inevitable, but not unreasonable.

It's all about what they're marketing and what their market will buy. In this case, I don't think they're primarily marketing a hookah. And in my book as a business man, that's okay.
Well I don't want to restate why I don't like EH stuff as far as narghiles go but you do raise some good points. First of all I won't buy Chinese stuff if I can because I don't want my money being used to support slavery and communism. As for people buying trendy stuff and paying too much for labels well, I am against it personally but if someone else wishes to do so I won't rag on them for what they choose. In the end people are free to piss away money on over priced junk and demonstrate what little sense they have.

As to quality I would guess that EH rigs are as good as anything coming out of China which is to say it's cheesy and it will soon fall a part. Still, the sort of people that would buy EH stuff likely won't stick with the hobby for more then a year so junk should be just fine as far they are concerned.

As for reaching new markets I suppose I don't view it as progress that such a grand thing as our hobby becomes hip in the eyes of high school girls or people that want to prove how fashionable they are. Obviously I can't stop dolts turning our hobby into something insipid but that doesn't mean we shouldn't call a spade a spade and say that such things are negative.

Last edited by Hajo Flettner; January 20th, 2010 at 02:45 AM.
Old January 20th, 2010, 02:48 AM
unicycleboy3190
Hookah Pro

http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showt...t=18233&page=3

Old January 20th, 2010, 02:56 AM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by foibled View Post
There are a lot of misconceptions in this thread. Ed Hardy is not Sailor Jerry. Don Ed Hardy was a pupil of Norman "Sailor Jerry" Collins. The brand Ed Hardy is the work of Christian Audigier and is based on Ed Hardy's artwork. The Ed Hardy brand is licensed by the former Sultan Tobacco USA, which became Fantasia, for hookah and tobacco use. The tobacco is packaged (made?) by Starbuzz, and the hookahs are made by Inhale. The quality of the Ed Hardy hookahs is actually pretty good and among the best of the Chinese made hookah products. They are not just stickers, ie. the artwork on the case is actually embroidered.
I can't say I am surprised that Sultan is behind EH hookah stuff since they have been peddling Chinese made junk and horrid moassel like stuff for years. I understand that the EH tobacco is made by SB and that it is supposedly custom blended. I have no idea who this sailor person is or anyone else you mentioned but the designs i've seen on clothing and everything else for that mater seems very boring and pop culture like to me. Obviously a lot of people like but then again, no ever lost a buck under estimating the public's taste.
Old January 20th, 2010, 03:11 AM
foibled
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajo Flettner View Post
I can't say I am surprised that Sultan is behind EH hookah stuff since they have been peddling Chinese made junk and horrid moassel like stuff for years. I understand that the EH tobacco is made by SB and that it is supposedly custom blended. I have no idea who this sailor person is or anyone else you mentioned but the designs i've seen on clothing and everything else for that mater seems very boring and pop culture like to me. Obviously a lot of people like but then again, no ever lost a buck under estimating the public's taste.
Sailor Jerry was a famous tattoo artist and also the genius behind the original recipe for

Old January 20th, 2010, 03:32 AM
Furrymessiah
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Furrymessiah Send a message via MSN to Furrymessiah Send a message via Yahoo to Furrymessiah Send a message via Skype™ to Furrymessiah

The rum is delicious. Ed Hardy? Not so much.

Lifted from the Sailor Jerry article on Wikipedia:
Quote:
Norman Collins entrusted his artwork to his two proteges, Ed Hardy and Mike Malone, both of whom have become prominent figures in their own right. Hardy, who turned down an MFT scholarship to Yale in order to pursue tattooing, is known for his artistic sophistication and large-scale tattoos.
Old January 20th, 2010, 03:33 AM
chadtizzle
Hookah Guru

Send a message via Skype™ to chadtizzle

Quote:
the hookahs are made by Inhale.
i thought they were mya's?

my first hookah was an inhale, piece of shit rusted in under a month. it's plated common chamber garbage.
Old January 20th, 2010, 03:55 AM
chadtizzle
Hookah Guru

Send a message via Skype™ to chadtizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC_Gatty View Post
I am not going to lie to you. These are a buy to ad to your collection not to smoke.

These are simply Hypnosis cals repacked. Don`t get me wrong they look good but the bottom line is I would not smoke them again.
i think it's funny how i know exactly who typed this...he's a fucking d-bag.

and if anyone else knows who i'm talking about, don't talk about him/them here unless you want to get a ban-hammer straight to the dome.
Old January 20th, 2010, 03:03 PM
Coyotero
Hookah Guru

Quote:
the hookahs are made by Inhale. The quality of the Ed Hardy hookahs is actually pretty good and among the best of the Chinese made hookah products..
Oh, so you're getting the best of the crap. That makes it better.

Problem is, really good crap... is still crap.

Darth Coyote, Executor of EGOB and the Black Leaf Brotherhood.
Old January 20th, 2010, 05:41 PM
bpetruzzo
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to bpetruzzo Send a message via Skype™ to bpetruzzo

Chinese made doesn't mean bad. I hate that card being thrown around. It just doesn't makes sense. Apple computers are assembled in China and they hold the highest customer satisfaction rating of any computer manufacturer. However, I do understand not wanting to pour money into the Chinese economy. But that's a different story altogether.

Sure, there's a LOT of crap that comes out of China, but not all of it. There's a LOT of crap made here in America too (i.e., virtually every car manufactured here before 2007). But not all of it.

I have two Mya hookahs and two Egyptian hookahs, one of which is a KM. All of them smoke with excellence, including the chinese made Mya pipes. If the EH pipes are manufactured at least as well as my Mya, I'm certain it's not 'crap'. In fact, the only draw back might be the common chamber, but frankly, I've never had a problem with that anyway.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook