Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Does the Height of a hookah matter or what?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old January 17th, 2008, 01:13 AM
Hookahdude123
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Hookahdude123 Send a message via Yahoo to Hookahdude123
Default Does the Height of a hookah matter or what?

I was wandering about this because I looks to me like it doesn't matter but then again I wouldn't know because I am not the hookah expert but I just like to smoke them!
Old January 17th, 2008, 01:15 AM
daedra
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to daedra
Default Re: Does the Height of a hookah matter or what?

height does matter. the small ones make a harsh smoke and you dont really get good hits from it. ive heard some stories of small ones that work great but i personally wouldnt bother with em.

if you plan on buying a big one, go for a 32 inch stargate. theres 3 reviews on the stargate posted in the review section.
Old January 17th, 2008, 01:22 AM
Hookahdude123
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Hookahdude123 Send a message via Yahoo to Hookahdude123

like I don't know if you know...but why does it make the smoke more harsh if it is smaller?
Old January 17th, 2008, 01:24 AM
boomhauer
Banned

Send a message via AIM to boomhauer Send a message via Yahoo to boomhauer

http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/index.php?topic=1650.0

all explained in there around posts.
Old January 17th, 2008, 01:25 AM
daedra
Hookah Enthusiast

base isnt that big, the time the smoke has to cool, etc etc. bunch of scientific stuff heh. all i know is, stay away from the little guys.
Old January 17th, 2008, 01:28 AM
Hookahdude123
Hookah Newbie

so how many hoses of the hookah...does that play a role in this?
Old January 17th, 2008, 01:30 AM
daedra
Hookah Enthusiast

hoses? i just stick with 1, to me its too much of a hassle to be dealing with more than 1 hose. if i am smoking with a group we just take turns passing it, they usually seem to be comfortable with taking a hit, passing it, and talking while they wait for it to come back around. also, the way i look at it is this: the less for me to clean up the better.
Old January 17th, 2008, 01:34 AM
Hookahdude123
Hookah Newbie

Thats true! I actually just have a 1 hosed hookah..but my girlfriend wanted a two person hookah so she could share with her friends...but that does make some sense though!
Old January 17th, 2008, 01:34 AM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

no, not really. Usually when you get a multiple hose hookah though you will not be able to purge the smoke because it will be a common chamber.

in Multiple hosed Traditional chambered hookahs, you can purge, but all hoses need ot be plugged and the purge won't be as effective.

Basically it just depends on how many people you commonly have smoking.
Old January 17th, 2008, 01:35 AM
boomhauer
Banned

stick to a one hose. one hose can go with 4 and sometimes 5 people without it being a hassle. even then dont bother with another hose its best to get a whole new hookah. seriously having too many hoses is a pain because you may have to watch your taking a pull because of other people and if you dont have a self-sealing one each person has to remember to cover the end of the hose when not in use. even if you have auto-seal i hear it is a pain in the ass.
Old January 17th, 2008, 01:40 AM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomhauer
stick to a one hose. one hose can go with 4 and sometimes 5 people without it being a hassle. even then dont bother with another hose its best to get a whole new hookah. seriously having too many hoses is a pain because you may have to watch your taking a pull because of other people and if you dont have a self-sealing one each person has to remember to cover the end of the hose when not in use. even if you have auto-seal i hear it is a pain in the ass.
I got a 4 hose and i always have over 4 people smoking out of 4 hose ports. They are all sit, take turns, smoke, get clouds, we ooo and aww, me and nick blow fatty O's, pass the hose to our hose buddy (we always split the hoses in between 2 people, and if there is an odd number then i get my own ). But everyone is great about sharing it. No one tips over the hookah. If i had a one hose hookah there's no way i could entertain more than 5 people at once.
Old January 17th, 2008, 01:40 AM
Hookahdude123
Hookah Newbie

does it matter on what type of hose it is?
Old January 17th, 2008, 01:45 AM
daedra
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookahdude123
does it matter on what type of hose it is?
not really but if you are looking for something with a easy pull and completely washable, go to nazarhookah.com and purchase a Razan hose, or go to hookah-shisha.com and purchase a Nammor hose.

the Razan and the Nammor are the same design, however! there are more color choices for a Razan and its a bit cheaper.

youll feel the difference with a Nammor or a Razan.
Old January 17th, 2008, 01:47 AM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

I would say hose width matters. Hose length on the other hand is your preference.

If you have a wide hose (3/4"), like a Nammor or Razan, the pull is easier because you have a wider air passage, the air travels in larger quantities, and you don;t have to take as long of a hit.

The easier the pull, the better, because in my experience a tight pull wears out your throat muscles.
Old January 17th, 2008, 01:48 AM
boomhauer
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenSilk
Quote:
I got a 4 hose and i always have over 4 people smoking out of 4 hose ports. They are all sit, take turns, smoke, get clouds, we ooo and aww, me and nick blow fatty O's, pass the hose to our hose buddy (we always split the hoses in between 2 people, and if there is an odd number then i get my own ). But everyone is great about sharing it. No one tips over the hookah. If i had a one hose hookah there's no way i could entertain more than 5 people at once.
you are sitting there with 4 people taking turns. with that you could VERY easily share it with 4 people on one hookah and 5+ with 2+ hookah's because you are taking turns drawing, so you draw and pass the hose so that is.....taking turns. if you have more than one hookah that is 2 hoses so you are splitting it between people so you can handle over 5 preople, at hookah bars when i went with people we did 4 people fairly easily with one hose and people smoking how much they wanted and it causing no problems between people.

there is no difference in hoses, nammor/razan hoses are good because they are washable so if you plan to smoke many different flavors get a washed one. if your going to stick to a few i say an KM hose is great, its a great hose and its comparable if not better than a washable hose. its bad that it is not washable so you will have to replace it but then again you will have to replace a washable hose sooner or later.
Old January 17th, 2008, 01:52 AM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenSilk
Quote:
you are sitting there with 4 people taking turns. with that you could VERY easily share it with 4 people on one hookah and 5+ with 2+ hookah's because you are taking turns drawing, so you draw and pass the hose so that is.....taking turns. if you have more than one hookah that is 2 hoses so you are splitting it between people so you can handle over 5 preople, at hookah bars when i went with people we did 4 people fairly easily with one hose and people smoking how much they wanted and it causing no problems between people.

there is no difference in hoses, nammor/razan hoses are good because they are washable so if you plan to smoke many different flavors get a washed one. if your going to stick to a few i say an KM hose is great, its a great hose and its comparable if not better than a washable hose. its bad that it is not washable so you will have to replace it but then again you will have to replace a washable hose sooner or later.
But also people may have mouth problems, as one did and passed it to me . Also, 2 people can hit at the same time, i actually find the smoke to be thicker that way, but only if the 2 people have the same pull strength, some people i can't compete with and they can still a hit in an instant. ANd i only have to clean u one bowl, i get to do the heat managemant, i get to make sure coals don't fall on my carpet, i can milk a SB bowl for 3 hours, mouthtips are annoying, mya hose ports are only 4 bucks.
Old January 17th, 2008, 02:07 AM
boomhauer
Banned

multiple flavors are a plus if someone doesnt like that one too much. gives people a choice and people like choices

is one extra bowl/hookah that much really? i clean my hookah in about 4 minutes being with a nice scrub and water+vinegar. if i want it to soak for a deeper cleaning sure it can take 30 minutes to clean up. bowl to clean up? no more than 1 minute.

mouthtips? it can be a problem but hey what is a little germs between friends? ;p

heat management on 2 hookah's is not hard and hey if your covering two you can take two times the hits because you will be in rotation on both of them. people on the site here have "catered" parties by taking multiple hookah's to places and they do just fine even with drunk people and all.

price, yes that can be something yet the cheapest 3 hose so you can expand it to 4 ports is 160 plus the 4 bucks so thats 165 if we round up. going by pyh on a km at about 33 inches (dont know the exact height of mine) but thats 60 bucks each. 120 bucks total and you got 2 hookah's and you can handle up to 10 people max with little effort.

look for you a mya with 4 hoses works which is just fine. i am just going with what i believe, have seen and other people have seen and tested on the forum. a single hose can cover 4-5 people rather easily and its not hard to put up another one.
Old January 17th, 2008, 02:16 AM
daedra
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
is one extra bowl/hookah that much really? i clean my hookah in about 4 minutes being with a nice scrub and water+vinegar. if i want it to soak for a deeper cleaning sure it can take 30 minutes to clean up. bowl to clean up? no more than 1 minute.

mouthtips? it can be a problem but hey what is a little germs between friends? ;p
when i clean mine it takes me about 30 minutes just because i get paranoid looking down the stem and seeing a speck still there. "$%#@!!!! its still there!!!" *scrub scrub scrub*, then i have the whole sniff test, etc etc.

yea mouthtips make things akward with friends. and they are a hassle. germs dont really scare me at all. unless the person has AIDS and their mouth is bleeding all over the hose
Old January 17th, 2008, 02:25 AM
boomhauer
Banned

exactly. sure if they have mono or something they smoke with a mouth piece but you really arent going to catch something from someone...well now with the flu going around thats a little different.

i used to clean mine really well but in the end i just decided fuckit. at the worse my hookah lasts me 6 months because its been 3 now and no rust and i leave my hookah setup sometimes for a whole week and just putting on new bowls of similar/same flavor/s. if it breaks thats what 50 bucks for a km if you get a good price at my exact hookah and your good for another 6 months. 100 bucks a year oh well, i try to buy a new hookah every month but hold back so this just ensures if it at the 6 month mark that i get the new one i want rather than waiting a year.

the 4 minute scrub gets out any flavor and the vinegar will kill any smell. if there is something in there eh its really not going to do much and with regular smoking and its lightly on there it will be sucked into the water in one session. if its really on there ill get it out the second session. also with my brush i doubt anything will stay stuck in there its a nice medium stiffness bristle brush which just barely squeezes into that hose and its maybe a foot of it.
Old January 17th, 2008, 02:34 AM
daedra
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
the 4 minute scrub gets out any flavor and the vinegar will kill any smell. if there is something in there eh its really not going to do much and with regular smoking and its lightly on there it will be sucked into the water in one session. if its really on there ill get it out the second session. also with my brush i doubt anything will stay stuck in there its a nice med/hard bristle brush which just barely squeezes into that hose and its maybe 6 inches of them. with the stifness and even though its not the longest it will get rid of anything stuck on there.
vinegar? ill have to try that. ive been using hot water and this lemon stuff. i have a jug of simple green crystal below the sink that im planning on using next time i clean my hookah.

as far as scrub brushes go, i ordered one from H-S but for some reason the bristles are really weak! im thinking maybe i can find a better quality one at a store.
Old January 17th, 2008, 03:08 AM
boomhauer
Banned

i got some stuff from the dollar store, sure there are not many bristles on it but they are fairly decent and do a alright scrub job and go the entire length of my stem. ill bring one over and see if you like it.

vinegar works great because its cheap and kills the smell easily.
Old January 17th, 2008, 05:40 AM
dmcwebd
Vendor

Send a message via MSN to dmcwebd

in my opnion a good size shisha is from 50cm to 76cm, 8)
Old January 17th, 2008, 07:28 AM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

I have a 22" Egyptian hookah and it smokes pretty good, but I want to get a bigger one. My hookah isn't a name brand one. I want a KM or MZ around 28-32" tall to see if a taller hookah produces a better smoke. I may be missing out on awesome sessions using the smaller hookah. I guess i'll find out one day.
Old March 5th, 2008, 09:40 PM
phatpride1
Hookah Pro

My first hookah was a gift from my friend and it was a pumpkin mya, it was ok for the first couple of time. Then it keep getting water in the hose, and it rusted out. Then i upgraded to a non name brand 22" hookah and customized it with a new hose, and having my Girl friend custom paint the base. Its going to look sick when its all done.
Old March 5th, 2008, 10:51 PM
dakingkevin23
Hookah Guru

Send a message via AIM to dakingkevin23

a good height would probably be 20-26", any lower, you'll be getting harsh smoke, and higher, well, it's gets better, but it's a hassle to store, especially if it's a KM
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook