Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Something wrong with my hookahs!

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old January 17th, 2010, 12:42 PM
yus786
Hookah Newbie

Angry Something wrong with my hookahs!

hey guys, well ive been smoking hookah for ages and decided to get a hookah about a year ago.

it was a KM 22" iirc.

i had loads of problems with it not smoking well and basically tasting like shite, tried everything, packing was ok, coals were spot on, flavour was ok, cleaned it out loads of times, different bowls tried, different foils, different pipe, different coals, everything! but still hardly any flavour and a shite taste sometimes.

so i bought a mya, my m8 owns a hookah lounge and has been using mya's for years. i bought one off him brand new.

so i smoke this a few times and i still dont get hardly any flavour, maybe at the start its ok but not like my friends hookah's or when i goto a hookah bar.

could it be due to me not cleaning the hookah after every use, cos i smoke it and then put it in the corner, take the coal off the bowl first.

ive cleaned it out and its still the same.

its not the way i make it too as ive given it to a friend and he said it smokes crap. i dont know what to do, might just buy a second hand one that someones smoked already?

what dya think?!
Old January 17th, 2010, 12:47 PM
wad
Hookah Newbie

Default Re: Something wrong with my hookahs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yus786 View Post
hey guys, well ive been smoking hookah for ages and decided to get a hookah about a year ago.

it was a KM 22" iirc.

i had loads of problems with it not smoking well and basically tasting like shite, tried everything, packing was ok, coals were spot on, flavour was ok, cleaned it out loads of times, different bowls tried, different foils, different pipe, different coals, everything! but still hardly any flavour and a shite taste sometimes.

so i bought a mya, my m8 owns a hookah lounge and has been using mya's for years. i bought one off him brand new.

so i smoke this a few times and i still dont get hardly any flavour, maybe at the start its ok but not like my friends hookah's or when i goto a hookah bar.

could it be due to me not cleaning the hookah after every use, cos i smoke it and then put it in the corner, take the coal off the bowl first.

ive cleaned it out and its still the same.

its not the way i make it too as ive given it to a friend and he said it smokes crap. i dont know what to do, might just buy a second hand one that someones smoked already?

what dya think?!
Maybe try it with bigger holes on the foil!
Old January 17th, 2010, 12:49 PM
bAsiRaH
Banned

since both hookahs arent working for you, i think it could be your heat management. Go back and make sure everything is settled in the bowl (packed right), the holes in your foil are at a good spacing, and their is a small distance between your charcoal and the shisha. if it is tasting like metal or rubber, use some baking soda and lemon juice on the stem and all parts, and soak it in hot water. I think its more likely that its your bowl and heat management thats messing you up, not the hookah's
Old January 17th, 2010, 12:55 PM
yus786
Hookah Newbie

bigger holes, hmm havent tried that.

tried different heat management, using a standard mya bowl ive tried, 1 swift lite, 1 and a quarter swift lite, 1 coco nara, 2 coco nara's and still its the same lol

tried cleanin it out with baking soda n lemon juice, still the same, maybe just abit better
Old January 17th, 2010, 01:00 PM
FusionX
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to FusionX

id say go for a vortex or phunnel
3 ring hole pattern
use a toothpick for your holes
heavy layer foil
3 coconaras

test it out with starbuzz... something more wet and really flavorful
if you can get that smoking great, then it may just be the quality of the tobacco.
Old January 17th, 2010, 01:17 PM
BuzzHookah
Hookah Pro

get a vortex, use 3 cocos and plenty of holes should do it
Old January 17th, 2010, 01:24 PM
glostersa
Hookah Master

First things first Scrub both stems out and make sure the purges and Hose ports are clean. Next make sure the vases and Bowls are clean. So some hot water and stem brushes are called for. Next make sure all the grommets are clean and functional. A bit of cheap Vodka or lemon juice and baking soda can also be used to clean the stems and vases. Next make sure if your hoses is washable if not Beat them on the floor and blow the accumulated gunk out. If the hoses is washable block the one end and fill with lemon juice and baking powder and let it sit for a while. Then rinse the hose with luke warm water and let dry. Make sure after cleaning the vases bowls and stems you rinse them in clean cold water.

When you blow the hose out blow them onto a clean white sheet check for rust in the residue that comes out.

Once you know that both the Hookahs are clean and fresh then start assembling them.

Water 1 inch above down stem put empty bowl on and check for air leaks.
Next put the tobacco in the bowl (separate the pieces and fluff it up so it is just under the rim of the bowl)( Besure to mix the tobacco and juices up before placing in the bowl).
Place foil over the bowl 1 layer of HD or 2 of normal foil. Poke the holes through the tobacco to the base of the bowl I use about 9 holes with a toothpick in a circle patern 6 around the outside and 3 in the middle I try to line up the middle holes with 3 holes that run through the base of the bowl.
I use ql coals for that is all i can get here I split the coals into 3 parts and light them when Grey and ashed over I place them on the rim of the bowl and give the tobacco a couple of minutes to warm up. I hope this helps
Old January 17th, 2010, 01:41 PM
yus786
Hookah Newbie

got a large funnel, tried af in it and tangiers i think on my old km hookah but havent tried it on my mya yet, might try it tonight actually.

have got some natural coals but cant use them atm, so how many quick light swift lites shall i use on a large funnel bowl?

its not the flavour too as my m8s tried it with his flavour, his packing and his heat management which is usually spot on

yus

Last edited by yus786; January 17th, 2010 at 01:45 PM.
Old January 17th, 2010, 01:55 PM
abzy786
Hookah Enthusiast

try getting a diffrent bowl. the large funnel takes way to much tobacco.
also what do you think of the swift light QLs i use them when i get lazy.

HP Feedback - http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showt...hlight=abzy786
Old January 17th, 2010, 02:06 PM
yus786
Hookah Newbie

ive got a standard mya bowl, got an egyption clay one, got a few lol and theyre all the same (well they were on my km hookah)

swift lights are good i guess, i cant really light natural coals so use them all the time, i prefer natural coals though for definate.

yus
Old January 17th, 2010, 02:24 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

What tobacco are you using? Is the foil tight?
Old January 17th, 2010, 03:04 PM
yus786
Hookah Newbie

tried al fakher, tangiers, starbuzz, the foils tight yes.

ive just soaked it now in cold water with lemon juice and baking soda, gonna leave it in the soaking pan for about 3 hours then rinse it and scrub it b4 trying it again tonight.

yus
Old January 17th, 2010, 03:16 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

How old are the hoses you are using?
Old January 17th, 2010, 05:55 PM
yus786
Hookah Newbie

ive tried various hoses, bought a washable hose and then got a new mya hookah so had a new hose on that, its not that

yus

Last edited by yus786; January 17th, 2010 at 06:06 PM.
Old January 17th, 2010, 05:59 PM
unicycleboy3190
Hookah Pro

maybe more heat like to heat a bowl up i use 3 CHLQ's with a windcover for about 5 mins then i take one coal off and use 2 with a windcover

Old January 19th, 2010, 08:23 PM
yus786
Hookah Newbie

so 2 days ago i left the pipe in a pan with baking powder, cold water and lemon juice.

left it soaking for a few hours.

rinsed it out and cleaned it a little (need a thinner brush for the top part of the mya pipe)

then smoked it, didnt have any bad taste at all but had only a hint of flavour in it.

that was with bigger holes, losely packed, gap between foil and flavour and 1 quicklight coal.

yus786
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook