Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Revamping Base

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old January 18th, 2010, 03:57 AM
Memories
Hookah Nut

Default Revamping Base

Here is the thing: I realize not all bases and stems are created equal.

BUT.. There is a hookah i was looking at getting that comes with an acrylic base. The website doesn't tell me what size the base is but i found the replacement base and it is 1.25 inches.. 7 inches tall.

I want to buy a glass base.. not because i entirely prefer glass over acrylic.. but i actually think it would be cool to switch back and forth between the two whenever i want. Am i safe buying a glass base with the same diameter hole (the height happens to be the same, but i don't think that is a huge issue anyway) ??

I am planning on getting the hookah either way... but i don't really want to order it separately and measure for myself OR buy it have it not fit.
Old January 18th, 2010, 09:01 AM
CaptHowdy
Hookah Enthusiast

Default Re: Revamping Base

I was wondering the same thing. I got the free mini Mya hookah from hookah-shisha. The stem doesn't fit into the base that comes with it. Plus I hate the plastic feel of the base. I was thinking of just upgrading to a glass base to try it out. Maybe someone here might know, but my guess is you should be fine if everything matches.
Favorite Hoses: 2 Large Nammor, Caravan, KM Rainbow, Ba Barkir
Old January 18th, 2010, 10:20 AM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptHowdy View Post
I was wondering the same thing. I got the free mini Mya hookah from hookah-shisha. The stem doesn't fit into the base that comes with it. Plus I hate the plastic feel of the base. I was thinking of just upgrading to a glass base to try it out. Maybe someone here might know, but my guess is you should be fine if everything matches.
you must not have the right grommet, mine always fit perfectly fine on the mini.

as to if it will fit, it should if the base is made for that hookah (like how mya has their "normals" and then the acrylic versions, the bases are the same sizes). you might need to change out grommets but if its a mya or other machine made hookah like that i think it will be fine

-matt
Old January 18th, 2010, 11:41 AM
BuzzHookah
Hookah Pro

its all about the grommet, i just got a sahara vast for my KM and while both say they have a 1.75 inch opening my KM stem didnt fit, i was expecting this so i bought a medium grommet for a large vase changed them out and it worked perfectly.
Old January 18th, 2010, 11:56 AM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzHookah View Post
its all about the grommet, i just got a sahara vast for my KM and while both say they have a 1.75 inch opening my KM stem didnt fit, i was expecting this so i bought a medium grommet for a large vase changed them out and it worked perfectly.
especially on hand blown glass its really hard to get that exact size, even with a mold since glass thickness is hard to get exact, machine made glass though should be consistent. thats one of the pluses of mya

-matt
Old January 18th, 2010, 12:21 PM
CaptHowdy
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattathayde View Post
you must not have the right grommet, mine always fit perfectly fine on the mini.

as to if it will fit, it should if the base is made for that hookah (like how mya has their "normals" and then the acrylic versions, the bases are the same sizes). you might need to change out grommets but if its a mya or other machine made hookah like that i think it will be fine

-matt
The grommet that came with mine was this thin white grommet that when you put the stem in the base slides up and bunches up at the top. It never goes in the hole correctly. The stem on it is nice, which is why I am considering changing out the base and getting a new grommet for it. Not a fan of the base it comes with anyways.
Favorite Hoses: 2 Large Nammor, Caravan, KM Rainbow, Ba Barkir
Old January 18th, 2010, 12:22 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Silicone grommets help to fix a lot of these issues.
Old January 18th, 2010, 12:41 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
The grommet that came with mine was this thin white grommet that when you put the stem in the base slides up and bunches up at the top. It never goes in the hole correctly. The stem on it is nice, which is why I am considering changing out the base and getting a new grommet for it. Not a fan of the base it comes with anyways.
have you tried this, put the grommet on the stem dry then put water on the grommet and put it in the base, i couldnt get my stem in right until i tried this then it was no problem at all

-matt
Old January 18th, 2010, 04:42 PM
Memories
Hookah Nut

Quote:
That's the hookah i am talking about yeah...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalutika View Post
Silicone grommets help to fix a lot of these issues.
Thanks Kalutika but .. where can i track one down? I the sites i usually go to don't seem to only have rubber grommets.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook