Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Coconara coals short supply

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old January 22nd, 2010, 12:36 PM
texashookah
**~ Supporting Vendor ~**

Default Re: Coconara coals short supply

We have been hearing about the short supply of CocoNara coals as well. We have a few cases left because we bought a large amount in December. I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens.
Old January 22nd, 2010, 01:30 PM
Codeman

I went on the coco-nara website a couple weeks ago and noticed they were showing the 3 and 5-packs of 108pc boxes as out of stock. They're listed as available now though - might have to place an order... Coco's are definitely my coal of choice.
Old January 22nd, 2010, 01:47 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codeman View Post
Coco's are definitely my coal of choice.
Me too, I am contacting the owner now to see what I can find out ...

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old January 22nd, 2010, 06:31 PM
chadtizzle
Hookah Guru

Send a message via Skype™ to chadtizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakejacobson View Post
I don't mean to spark an argument, but what exactly is the reason people prefer CH over Coco's? Don't get me wrong, both are great products, but I can't find one category that CH beats Cocos.
they are half the price per volume as ccn. they stay lit for about the same amount of time, and they give off constant heat. this is what's happened in my situation though, it could be completely different for you. also there's a quicklight version of the chonic hookah coals (best ones on the market imo), while ccn does not have a ql version. i will agree with you, they smell horrible while lighting. but i always light my coals outside anyway so it's not even a problem.

in my opinion, they are almost the same product for a much lower price. and that sells to me. i'd like to hear your side as well!
Old January 22nd, 2010, 06:48 PM
Cnphoto
Hookah Pro

well CH coals are really good, i just finiashed a little session from my HJ order today, there really good but have a weird smell when lighting on my stove top
Old January 22nd, 2010, 07:49 PM
taras55545
Hookah Newbie

i dont know why, but CH nats are better than coconaras
Old January 22nd, 2010, 07:59 PM
abzy786
Hookah Enthusiast

i have been using CH coals recently but i ran out so i swiched to coco brickos better that CH and ccn.
CH were good. they gave of a smell when lighting but i dont smoke in the same rooms as i smoke but the smell goes within 30 minz. however CH stay light for 40 minz i have had CCN go on for over an hour.
also there is not a huge price difference between the 2 CH $13.00 CCN $15 both for the KG box
however CCN 45 pice box is $6.95 (hookah-shisha) and CH are $8.00
i would still buy CH coals because there is not a huge difference between the two.

HP Feedback - http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showt...hlight=abzy786
Old January 22nd, 2010, 08:56 PM
ChronicHookah
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambooka View Post
Me too, I am contacting the owner now to see what I can find out ...
any luck? i know the answers, you can contact me anytime samb, there's inside industry knowledge that isn't made to be public but I would be glad to share with you. the bottom line is ccn's are on short supply atm and that can change at anytime. better for me, however, i have and will always say ccn is a great product. there are a ton of coco on the market and i am honored to be compared to ccn.
Old January 22nd, 2010, 09:11 PM
Jride
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Jride

Quote:
Originally Posted by erok623 View Post
i use coco's more often, i have both but i just find that ch ashes a lil bit more than the coconara's..
Thats the only difference I noticed. and for $3 cheaper a box or so, I go with CH coals
Old January 22nd, 2010, 10:50 PM
-jordan-

Oh man.... I love my Cocos....
Old January 23rd, 2010, 12:31 AM
Black_Mamba
Hookah Pro

good thing i stocked up!

Would still like to try John's coals though, maybe I'll try a box on my next order
Old January 23rd, 2010, 02:03 AM
mrbojangles447
Hookah Newbie

good thing i got a crapload earlier. But now i will need to find a new coal for when i run out, great....
Old January 23rd, 2010, 12:19 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

MrBojangles .. I like both Coconara and Exoticas .. if that helps!?? I switch off between the two.

~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Old January 23rd, 2010, 01:44 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Coconaras are good coals but several other products are just as good and cheaper. I Starlight, Shishaco, Al Awa'el, CH & Al Fakher are all well made coconut based coals so having one brand disappear for a while is no problem.
Old January 23rd, 2010, 02:33 PM
ElektrikBlack

Coco Nara's are my go-to's, but I wouldn't mind using the CH's because they are high quality...I've had CH's for a while and haven't had any problems with them...
Old January 23rd, 2010, 03:01 PM
Shushyne4np2ne
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to Shushyne4np2ne Send a message via Yahoo to Shushyne4np2ne

I personally use Exoticas, but this isn't the point of the thread.

Coconaras running out sounds like a disappointment to a lot of people. Now, what John said about knowing what up but it's not public knowledge, I'm not gonna dig into it deeper because more than likely, it's something that the company is doing in regards to redesign or maybe even scrapping Coconaras and starting from scratch with a new recipe, so to speak. Coconara users: I'm sorry.

Old January 23rd, 2010, 05:48 PM
x 0hookah0 x

ooooo
Old January 23rd, 2010, 08:28 PM
ChronicHookah
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shushyne4np2ne View Post
I personally use Exoticas, but this isn't the point of the thread.

Coconaras running out sounds like a disappointment to a lot of people. Now, what John said about knowing what up but it's not public knowledge, I'm not gonna dig into it deeper because more than likely, it's something that the company is doing in regards to redesign or maybe even scrapping Coconaras and starting from scratch with a new recipe, so to speak. Coconara users: I'm sorry.
it's not that elaborate, they just sold out and didn't anticipate, getting these coals made take a couple of months and then having them shipped takes a month, then customs can hold for 10 days like they did mine last week (and stick me with a $2k exam fee since i'm such a nice guy)....then again, maybe there is something going on. hopefully all for the better. this industry needs some good news after the pipe tobacco tax prop making it's way though.
Old January 23rd, 2010, 08:37 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakejacobson View Post
I don't mean to spark an argument, but what exactly is the reason people prefer CH over Coco's? Don't get me wrong, both are great products, but I can't find one category that CH beats Cocos.
Other than every single one?
Old January 23rd, 2010, 08:50 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

I am sorry, but Coconaras are better than CH .. that is just my opinion though and what I like.

Old January 23rd, 2010, 10:22 PM
gnuworldorder
Banned

Quote:
I am sorry, but Coconaras are better than CH .. that is just my opinion though and what I like.
fact but are they worth the extra money per coal? i really dont think so
Old January 24th, 2010, 12:19 AM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Same price .. Hookah-Shisha has 108 Coconaras for 14.95 and HookahCompany has CH coals 108 for 14.95
but if Coconaras were a dollar more they would be worth it to me .. longer burn time, low odor and taste, less ash produced .. Hey take it with a grain of salt, it is just my opinion. I have my favorites just like everybody else. For naturals I like Exoticas and Coconaras those are my go to coals. I have many others, but those are the ones I like to use most often.

Old January 24th, 2010, 12:25 AM
gnuworldorder
Banned

holy crap times have changed since the last time i bought real coals. cocos use to be boxes of 84 for like 13$ and johns were boxes of 130something for 11$ iirc
Old January 24th, 2010, 02:38 PM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

Send a message via MSN to patelbadboy2006 Send a message via Yahoo to patelbadboy2006

Quote:
Same price .. Hookah-Shisha has 108 Coconaras for 14.95 and HookahCompany has CH coals 108 for 14.95
but if Coconaras were a dollar more they would be worth it to me .. longer burn time, low odor and taste, less ash produced .. Hey take it with a grain of salt, it is just my opinion. I have my favorites just like everybody else. For naturals I like Exoticas and Coconaras those are my go to coals. I have many others, but those are the ones I like to use most often.

Yh i prefer coconaras as well, but lately i have been using cocobricos, they are the exact same coal double the size and last longer and are like $10 for a box of 220 and if you cut them in half you get 440 pieces
Old January 24th, 2010, 02:55 PM
hookahslisk
Hookah Nut

I wonder if the shortage would occur over here? Most stores push cococha which is cheaper and not near the quality of CN. The one store that has the CN sold me 10 boxes, just in case
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook