Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

A Big Decision to Make

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old January 24th, 2010, 07:06 AM
Boredomkillz
Hookah Newbie

Exclamation A Big Decision to Make

Hey guys,

Now I'd like to start off by saying that I have read the newbie guide sticky at the top of the forum.

Now here's the problem I've got. Within a day or so I want to make my very first purchase of my own personal hookah pipe. I am not new to the world of Hookah and have on many occasions have engaged in various sessions with my friends. I feel however it is time for me to invest in my own pipe and shisha so I can smoke on my own terms instead of mooching of my friends =D.

I know I want a KM that much is sure, but with the variety available I'm really not sure what to get and what is really worth the money. I'm not rich, but I've been saving for a hookah setup and I want to say money is not a problem, however I can live without having the most beautiful pipe in the world if it means I can save some money in getting somthing else. What I want is a high performing pipe. I've been looking at a 35" KM Heart of the Lion mainly because of the Chiller at the top to make the smoke colder. I'm not exactly sure if this is the best choice because though there are few reviews I get the notion that it does not perform as well as another KM available and I have read that some people think the chiller is useless and no different than just going with the regular ice in the base.

What KM pipe should I get? I've heard the Pharonie is good and I'm thinking that it's the all of the round best when it comes to get the most out of your shisha in terms of flavor and smoke. However if the Heart of the Lion KM performs just as well as the best KM performers i wouldn't mind having the extra chiller chamber feature.

So what do you guys believe is the ultimate performance KM Pipe?

(I know its long and if you've read this far thank you for taking the time to do so.)
Old January 24th, 2010, 07:11 AM
Jride
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Jride
Default Re: A Big Decision to Make

You wont be disappointed with any Khalil Mamoon hookah. Guaranteed
Old January 24th, 2010, 08:18 AM
glostersa
Hookah Master

First welcome to HP

Next look at this http://www.**********.com/product.sc...&categoryId=27
Old January 24th, 2010, 08:47 AM
davidbondok
Hookah Nut

I like the look of chillers but in my opinion they dont do to much at least mine dosent. But if you want a KM hookah john is the place to go>
Old January 24th, 2010, 10:14 AM
03rivers
Hookah Nut

Any km you get is going to smoke about the same so its really about what is most aesthetically pleasing to you. I have a 35" Al Gia Trimetal and a 36" Green double pear and they both smoke with about the same amount of awesomeness. I have ordered both of my hookahs from hookahcompany.com so you might want to check them out.
Old January 24th, 2010, 11:01 AM
erok623
Hookah Nut

everyone is right any KM is going to smoke just as awesome, its just how much you wanna pay for the looks...definitely your going in the right direction in getting a KM, i personally prefer just putting ice in the base because i figured i don't have to pay extra for a feature that i wouldn't use all the time..but its all personal preference imo.. check out hookahstore.com they have a wide variety of KM's at every price range.. good luck with your search. oh and one more thing don't drop all your money on just the hookah remember you still have to get the bear essentials like bowls, coals, shisha, and any other accessories that would make your sessions more easy and enjoyable..

26"KM Kafae / 28"MZ Oracle / 17"Egyptian / 10"Blueberry Hookah / MYA Bambino
Old January 24th, 2010, 12:09 PM
th3p0p0
Hookah Newbie

http://www.hookah-shisha.com/p-5278-...ium-heavy.html

woops that is not a KM is it? ahaah. but i have smoked out of a 40" KM and i own this hookah and in my option the al-fakher is a better smoke. just my 2 cents.

Last edited by th3p0p0; January 24th, 2010 at 12:39 PM.
Old January 24th, 2010, 12:30 PM
PeckerWood
Hookah Nut

I don't like the ice chiller stems and this is why I have one and the problem is KM are hand made so some times the vase is not blow perfect and the tops are not level. The hookah wobbles a little but when I put my other KM stem in it it's not so bad. Just get what you want all KM smoke great.
Old January 24th, 2010, 01:28 PM
krazykm
Hookah Newbie

well welcome and congrats.......i have a 32 km chiller and its a beautiful hookah but the chiller bowl dosnt work as great as it should ur better off with base in the ice so if the chiller part dosnt tickle ur fancy on physical appearance i think u should chose another km but if it u lk the way it looks well hell u just kill 2 birds with one stone....ive also heard pear stem kms have problems with leaks (just wat ive been told by pear km owners) but ya i love my km and im sure u will too watever u pick and good luck with the purchase
Old January 24th, 2010, 01:32 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Pharonie is probably the best designed KM on the market in my opinion.
Old January 24th, 2010, 01:41 PM
abzy786
Hookah Enthusiast

All kms smoke the same
shop around make sure u get the best deals eg HJ gives frer coal with alot of his KMs
but Hookah shisha gives u a free mini mya if u spend more than 100 buks amd hookah store gives amazind disscounts
nazar hookah has some kms very well priced
also do not waste your money on the chiller put ice in the base

HP Feedback - http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showt...hlight=abzy786
Old January 24th, 2010, 01:55 PM
glostersa
Hookah Master

Now this is a nice KM not a chiller but a very good Hookah you can also look at the KM Kafea and the Amer those are solid brass and will last a lifetime

http://**********.com/searchquick-su...?keywords=1501
Old January 24th, 2010, 02:00 PM
HookahWoltar
Hookah Newbie

I Know you want a km. but you should check out a MAGDY ZIDAN. these are probably some of the most traditional looking, cheap and amazingly well built hookahs imo. i was going to get a KM 35" pear until i saw one up to a MZ 38" Nefertiti. They are shinier, less scuff and weld lines, and are a great smoke. i will admit that KM has SOME higher quality of metal and design in some of their pipes. they also have more of a selection.
Old January 24th, 2010, 02:14 PM
wongje
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via MSN to wongje

I just bought the Heart of Lion actually from John (http://**********.com) at a great price. It got delivered yesterday but I haven't had the chance to pick it up yet, so I'll have it in hand tomorrow.

I saw Sambooka's review of the Heart of Lion (not the chiller) and started shopping around. Hopefully mine is as good as it looked on his review...

I'll edit this later after I get a few sessions out of it. In the meantime, good luck!
Old January 24th, 2010, 02:33 PM
Dakins
Hookah Pro

Hey, first of all, welcome to HP!

I'm sure that no matter which KM you choose, you'll be satisfied by its craftsmanship and looks. However, it's important to consider a few things.

Of course, a tall hookah will look great and impressive in your living room. However, it can be more trouble than you'd expect. It will be harder to clean and if the stem is too light or the base is not wide enough, it could be unstable. Most importantly, if you're going to move the hookah around a lot, the size of it might become a handicap.

Finally, the ice chamber is really just a bonus feature. I think it's overkill since room-temperature water cools up the smoke plenty IMO, but hey, it's your call.

Most and foremost, you should go for a KM that fits your budget and aesthetic preferences. From a reputable vendor, if possible.

Last edited by Dakins; January 24th, 2010 at 02:36 PM.
Old January 24th, 2010, 02:42 PM
hookahslisk
Hookah Nut

The Pharonie is a perfect sized pipe IMO. Easy to clean and big enough for a pleasurable smoke. It should be near the top of your list since you already had eyes for it.
Old January 24th, 2010, 03:30 PM
-jordan-

Chillers just make your pipe MORE top heavy, and don't do much of anything. But like the other members said... KM does not disappoint. I think you'll be blown away by any pipe you get from their line. Khalil mamoon knows what they're doing.
Old January 24th, 2010, 05:47 PM
x 0hookah0 x

i paid 60 pound for a tri-metal, which imo is to much so i sold it a week after for lyk 50. but with some rooting ive found a shop which sells Km Kafae's for 30 quid each. and teh extra bonus is i dont have to worry about damamging it as the parts are really cheap to get. Also its the best smoker ive had so far, persistent in flavour and smoke. (mainly smoke as its like im breathing out fire) :P
Old January 24th, 2010, 06:19 PM
chadtizzle
Hookah Guru

Send a message via Skype™ to chadtizzle

i bought a KM carnival for 100 shipped to my house and 8% cashback from bing. (so i got 8 dollars back)

i could not ask for a better pipe. this thing is outstanding.
Old January 24th, 2010, 06:49 PM
manjaco
Hookah Aficionado

I have a three hose double pair that i love! Pick almost any km and you'll be happy
Old January 26th, 2010, 06:03 AM
Boredomkillz
Hookah Newbie

Hey guys!

Thanks for all the advice you've all given me! I just want to let you all know that I have finally bit the bullet and placed an order at **********.com for my new KM setup.

Here's what I got coming in and I believe a previous poster made a link/reference to this, but after a day or so of thinking I finally ordered it.

Here it is: http://**********.com/product.sc?pro...&categoryId=27

I bought a bunch of other stuff as well

Here's a peek:

Order Contents:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Qty Item # Description Price Total
Each Price
1 1501 Khalil Mamoon Americana Trimetal 34 Inch 159.99 159.99
Free 48pc Box of ******* Hookah Coals!:
Free ******* Hookah Instant Lites

1 043 Pharoah's Aluminum Foil 100 count 4.99 4.99

1 1502 Quad Metal Tangiers Sized Wind Cover 23.99 23.99

1 010 Starbuzz 250g 22.50 22.50
Starbuzz Flavor: Blue Mist

1 049 ***Tangiers Medium Phunnel bowls***NEW STYLES 13.95 13.95
and COLORS****
Phunnel Colors: Red
Subtotal 225.42
Less Coupon HPLOVE (22.54)
Subtotal 202.88
Tax 0.00
Shipping (Standard Shipping) & Handling 10.95
Balance Due 213.83

Anyway thanks again all! Looking forward to my new KM!

Now I need to research on some different Shisha =D
Old January 26th, 2010, 07:45 AM
BuzzHookah
Hookah Pro

stay away from the chiller make ice cubes works way better, also i have a pharonie and it really is as good as people say it is but the truth is as long as you are getting an authentic KM you cant go wrong
Old January 26th, 2010, 08:52 AM
Jride
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Jride

Nice great big order man. My 1st hookah purchase was a chinese rig for $50. You definitely topped me there. Hell that setup is better than my current setup. Makes me jealous.. Haha
Old January 26th, 2010, 11:27 AM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Buying a Temsaah would be better.
Old January 26th, 2010, 04:44 PM
Boredomkillz
Hookah Newbie

@Buzz - Yea I realized that after reading around and doing some of my own research. I've always used ice cubes with my friends and have never went wrong with them. I guess its because I've never used a chiller before that I felt so inclined to get one.

@Jride - Hah thanks man, me and my friends were actually using a cheap ass hookah no name that we got second hand from another friend for about a year now. Its gonna be interesting to use a real deal hookah instead of something we ain't sure of.

@Zensilk - I got a KM cause an acquaintance of mine let me try one and out and I was thoroughly impressed with its quality. If Temsaah is really better that'll have to be a purchase for another day =P
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook