Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Tangiers Acclimation Question

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old January 25th, 2010, 12:01 PM
Coyotero
Hookah Guru

Default Re: Tangiers Acclimation Question

Still do not understand the appeal of this stuff.

Darth Coyote, Executor of EGOB and the Black Leaf Brotherhood.
Old January 25th, 2010, 12:07 PM
gnuworldorder
Banned

you can smoke a small phunnel of tangiers for well over 3 hours. you could probably go 5. im guess this because i always stop after 3 because it gets old but when i empty the bowl its still pretty juicy. also they have pretty dead on flavors. back when i got a buzz it being unwashed mattered. there also isnt dye in it like af and it isnt shit tobacco like hh or hf. if nak was still 5$ id probably smoke it but only because its 5$.
Old January 25th, 2010, 12:09 PM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyotero View Post
Still do not understand the appeal of this stuff.
Curiosity, plain and simple. New members see people raving about it endlessly, see strings of 10/10 ratings and constant posts about it, so they think I gotta try it. They do and we get post after post about how do I smoke this, it smells like bar b que/soy sauce, acclimation, packing technique, hole patterns, water temperatures, which bowl to use, what charcoal, windcover or no wondcover on and on and on. It is the most overhyped hookah product ever. Best way to acclimate and pack Tangiers is into the trash can and get some reliable tobacco.
Old January 25th, 2010, 12:20 PM
gnuworldorder
Banned

well since the line has already been drawn in the sand and crossed, ive never had a problem with tangiers. ive been so drunk ive barely been able to walk and still managed to pack a bowl of it. ive also given instructions to my brother that has questionable commonsense over the phone on how to pack it. i literally said "throw it in the bowl with a fork and poke holes and the foil" and it he did it. it was his first bowl ever packed too. unless you are physically unable to move tobacco from a container to a bowl and punch holes in it or mentally unable to think of the concept of packing a bowl or trying to screw it up i dont see how you can fuck up a bowl of any tobacco.

Last edited by gnuworldorder; January 25th, 2010 at 12:36 PM. Reason: because im not pc enough
Old January 25th, 2010, 12:27 PM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnuworldorder View Post
unless you are mentally or physically retarded or trying to screw it up i dont see how you can fuck up a bowl of any tobacco.
No reason to be offensive. No one has insulted you and insulting others is uncalled for.
Old January 25th, 2010, 12:36 PM
gnuworldorder
Banned

happy now?
Old January 25th, 2010, 12:41 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunkel View Post
Curiosity, plain and simple. New members see people raving about it endlessly, see strings of 10/10 ratings and constant posts about it, so they think I gotta try it.
That is how I got caught up in the hype years ago ... so now I feel it is my duty to at least express my personal opinion of it .. I can't sit back and watch the endless promotions from a few select individuals. Here is an example: They said strawberry and watermelon are the best! Juicy and wet .. so as a last ditch effort to see why this appeals to a few Members, I tried again. See my video review for my results:

Video Review: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2qx4119LQM

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old January 25th, 2010, 12:48 PM
gnuworldorder
Banned

id stay away from those 2 flavors they are pretty sucky in addition to white grape
Old January 25th, 2010, 12:48 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnuworldorder View Post
unless you are physically unable to move tobacco from a container to a bowl and punch holes in it or mentally unable to think of the concept of packing a bowl or trying to screw it up i dont see how you can fuck up a bowl of any tobacco.
Exactly! Great point! I guess Dunkel and I must be idiots when it comes to setting up a hookah.

I'll recommend the brands I like as "idiot proof" cuz if even an idiot like me can make them taste like they should .. then anybody can!

So for all you Members that have trouble with this brand, Nakhla, Al Fakher, Ayam Zaman, Starbuzz, Fantasia, JMs, Hookah Hookah and Hookah Freak are all idot proof. They have their good and bad flavors just like everyone else, but overall they are pretty easy to setup. Hope that helps ..

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old January 25th, 2010, 01:23 PM
gnuworldorder
Banned

im just saying with all the crimes against hookah ive seen its hard for me to believe that its easy to screw any brand up. ive seen people keep in in their fridge, seen them add water to the bowl, seen them press the coals down when inhaling, them just keep on stacking quick lights on top of each other, people opening it up and stiring it with their ashy tongs and probably others. point being if you use unacclimated tangiers or a bad flavor of any brand its going to taste like crap. if i find my camera cable when i get my next order in id gladly show you how i acclimate and pack tangiers.
Old January 25th, 2010, 01:30 PM
MrBungle
AFNSBFLAVOUR

you still don't get the main problem. it's flavors that don't acclimate and people that are unaware of the need to acclimate/pack the tobacco differently.

Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook