Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

******* Hookah Instant Light Disaster!

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old January 24th, 2010, 08:08 PM
bobatepeople
Hookah Newbie

Default ******* Hookah Instant Light Disaster!

these are pretty much the only coals i use now. they are great instant lights ans have no taste to them. but we all know that they get a little crazy when lighting.

so for one bowl, i use 3 coals. I light one and stack the other two to save on lighter fluid. today, i noticed that the top one didnt light... hmm thats kinda odd.. i thought... so i decided to try to light it up again... as soon as my lighter touched the coal, the entire coal exploded. unfortunately, i now have scorch marks on my hardwood floor... fml

dont get me wrong... i love these coals, but this just happened to be a defect. has anyone else had something similar happen?
Old January 24th, 2010, 08:18 PM
foibled
Hookah Pro

Default Re: ******* Hookah Instant Light Disaster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobatepeople View Post
unfortunately, i now have scorch marks on my hardwood floor... fml
You're lighting these things indoors?
Old January 24th, 2010, 08:19 PM
Jride
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Jride

Quote:
these are pretty much the only coals i use now. they are great instant lights ans have no taste to them. but we all know that they get a little crazy when lighting.

so for one bowl, i use 3 coals. I light one and stack the other two to save on lighter fluid. today, i noticed that the top one didnt light... hmm thats kinda odd.. i thought... so i decided to try to light it up again... as soon as my lighter touched the coal, the entire coal exploded. unfortunately, i now have scorch marks on my hardwood floor... fml

dont get me wrong... i love these coals, but this just happened to be a defect. has anyone else had something similar happen?
Yeah i noticed this also. Except mine didnt explode. I set a coal on top of a lit one and it wasnt lighting, just got warm I guess. I take it a lighter to it and it look like a flamethrower foot and a half of flames all around, straight fireball. but the flame went down after 5 seconds and It lit and I smoked.. It was gnarly.
Old January 24th, 2010, 08:19 PM
abzy786
Hookah Enthusiast

QL can go a bit crazy
i had many disk QLs blow up and burn me and my carpet

HP Feedback - http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showt...hlight=abzy786
Old January 24th, 2010, 08:22 PM
bobatepeople
Hookah Newbie

lesson learned... haha. pretty much ruined my day
Old January 24th, 2010, 08:25 PM
Codeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by foibled View Post
You're lighting these things indoors?
x2. With the chemicals used to make quick-lights well, light quickly, they really should be lit outdoors. If you have an extremely well ventilated room, maybe. I usually take mine out to the back patio (or the garage if it's raining).
Old January 24th, 2010, 08:41 PM
ChronicHookah
Banned

sorry to hear that bob, was it from the new batch or the last batch? the batch would have gone out this past week and from me directly? where did you get your box that made this happen? the new batch has some features that try to minimize the "flames"
Old January 24th, 2010, 09:00 PM
HookahWoltar
Hookah Newbie

FIRE!!! i love it. Outside though!!!
Old January 24th, 2010, 09:12 PM
KoRnKitten
Moderator Kitteh

Send a message via AIM to KoRnKitten Send a message via Yahoo to KoRnKitten

Quote:

Um... Why do you use lighter fluid to light instant lights?

nm... i see that you are talking about lighter fluid in a lighter and not pouring it on the coals, sorry long night at work....

ps. I wouldn't stack them anymore. I think it would be better to light them side by side and have them on a flat surface and waste an additional 7 seconds worth of lighter fluid than to get one that explodes all over the place, with the possibility of knocking the other two down in the process. I hate quick lights that crumble (well actually any coal that crumbles) and quick lights are the worse about shattering and leaving thousands of pock marks in your floors/ counters/ and carpets.

GLaDOS: "You euthanised your faithful companion cube more quickly than any test subject on record. Congratulations!"
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook