Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Augmenting shisha?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old January 24th, 2010, 11:27 PM
britjh22
Hookah Nut

Default Augmenting shisha?

So a while back I bought a 250g tub of AF Berry, and it has repeatedly been a disappointing smoke. I have lots of other flavors from AF, all have been quite good really, but I'm thinking this was a bad batch. It tends to get harsh fairly soon, and lose any flavor that it did have. I thought it was my previous setup, but I'm smoking from a KM with a vortex now, so I wouldn't attribute it to that.

So I'm thinking of doing some experimenting with it, adding things like honey, maybe some fruit concentrate to try and extract some pleasure and flavor. Anyone tried this, and any recommendations?
Old January 24th, 2010, 11:30 PM
cmoreno14
Hookah Nut

Default Re: Augmenting shisha?

try some juice in the base
Old January 24th, 2010, 11:34 PM
MC_Gatty
Hookah Nut

Add some glycerin if your moassel is dry for better smoke.
Old January 24th, 2010, 11:40 PM
Dakins
Hookah Pro

Pack the tobacco tightly against the bottom and sides of the vortex. Make sure the tobacco doesn't touch the foil (it will expand with the heat). Clear the holes. Poke one or two rings of pin-sized holes around the very edge of the bowl, enough to get comfortable airflow. 3 coals in a triangle formation.

That's how I've been smoking my AF lately and it's been perfect every time. This makes heat management a non-issue and produces thick smoke and rich flavour. Try this method and tell us how it's worked out for you.
Old January 24th, 2010, 11:46 PM
britjh22
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakins View Post
Pack the tobacco tightly against the bottom and sides of the vortex. Make sure the tobacco doesn't touch the foil (it will expand with the heat). Clear the holes. Poke one or two rings of pin-sized holes around the very edge of the bowl, enough to get comfortable airflow. 3 coals in a triangle formation.

That's how I've been smoking my AF lately and it's been perfect every time. This makes heat management a non-issue and produces thick smoke and rich flavour. Try this method and tell us how it's worked out for you.
Guess I wasn't specific enough. All the other flavors of AF I have smoke beautifully (great flavor, long lasting, huge clouds), I have my packing and coal technique down. And the shisha doesn't seem to be any more dry then my other AF flavors.
Old January 24th, 2010, 11:59 PM
Dakins
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by britjh22 View Post
Guess I wasn't specific enough. All the other flavors of AF I have smoke beautifully (great flavor, long lasting, huge clouds), I have my packing and coal technique down. And the shisha doesn't seem to be any more dry then my other AF flavors.
Some of the AF batches from 08 and 09 produce harsh smoke. The only way I've found to eliminate this characteristic is to pack the tobacco tightly in a modern bowl and use a lot of heat. It also brings out more flavour, IMO.

I guess you could also use a mouthtip, like the Coco tips from Coconara. It's hard to justify their cost, but they do amplify flavours quite a bit. ymmv
Share with your friends on facebook