Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Tangiers Acclimation Period?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old January 26th, 2010, 02:42 PM
zeoalex
Hookah Nut

Default Tangiers Acclimation Period?

Hey everyone, I just got my order with a few 250's of tangiers, and have a question about the acclimation. It says on the sheet that it is acclimated when it doesnt smell like burnt, tobacco, or soy sauce. One of the flavors (green apple) i think has acclimated fully (doesn't have any of the scents) however, brambelberry and melon blend still have a burnt and/or tobacco scent after i left it out, cover off the container, for about 8 hours yesterday. I am afraid of over-acclimation (is that possible) so I covered it overnight. How long does it normally take to acclimate to the environment?
Old January 26th, 2010, 02:46 PM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

Send a message via Yahoo to abu ronin
Default Re: Tangiers Acclimation Period?

8 hours should be fine. I'm not aware it can over- acclimate.
Old January 26th, 2010, 02:50 PM
gnuworldorder
Banned

i dont think you can over acclimate it. make sure you mix it at least once a day because the juices sink to the bottom. when doing one flavor last summer i had it open for about 4 days straight.
Old January 26th, 2010, 02:53 PM
Special K
Hookah Nut

Straight from Eric of Tangiers

Quote:
Leaving the tubs open continuously is a procedure that seems to be common for people with recurrent problems. Some people, sealing them up doesn't work too much better, but most people it does help. 44% of people who had recurring problems left them open for long periods of time, while only 12% of people that never had problems did. I'm recommending 4/20. Open for four, sealed for 20. Please note, the four hours its open should be around the same time you normally smoke, if its consistent. Leaving it open during the day when you intend to smoke it at night doesn't help acclimation at all.
Old January 26th, 2010, 02:54 PM
HookahWoltar
Hookah Newbie

I Got this. theres a new, better method. You Want to throw new un-acclimated tangiers into a sealed container for 20 hours, stir it good first. then open the jar for a few hours(4-8) before smoking and stir very well. if this doesnt seem to work, spread out on foil before smoking, and do that for a few hours(4-8), cuz the container doesnt have enough airflow usually. DO NOT WASTE ANY JUICE!!! you cant even leave a drop on the foil or it will mess with burn time, flavor, and heat mannagement, the molasses is sooooo important. and yes it should not smell like anything but the flavor it is, but with a slight undertone of that famous tangeirs scent, as with the flavor too. the scent is like a slight, sour smell of the molasses.... like the bad smell evens out to a good one, kinda hard to explain. let me know if this doesnt make sense, becaus im horrid at putting thoughts to words.
Old January 26th, 2010, 02:58 PM
gnuworldorder
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookahWoltar View Post
I Got this. theres a new, better method. You Want to throw new un-acclimated tangiers into a sealed container for 20 hours, stir it good first. then open the jar for a few hours(4-8) before smoking and stir very well. if this doesnt seem to work, spread out on foil before smoking, and do that for a few hours(4-8), cuz the container doesnt have enough airflow usually. DO NOT WASTE ANY JUICE!!! you cant even leave a drop on the foil or it will mess with burn time, flavor, and heat mannagement, the molasses is sooooo important. and yes it should not smell like anything but the flavor it is, but with a slight undertone of that famous tangeirs scent, as with the flavor too. the scent is like a slight, sour smell of the molasses.... like the bad smell evens out to a good one, kinda hard to explain. let me know if this doesnt make sense, becaus im horrid at putting thoughts to words.
i would highly recommend against this since you are going to lose a good deal of juice to the foil. the first time i did this but for the whole pack and i lost a decent amount. another thought is if you want to try something weird freeze it solid then thaw it on your radiator then acclimate it. i got a frozen package once and after thawing it was almost instantly acclimated. it was pretty awesome then again it could be a fluke
Old January 26th, 2010, 03:12 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Jesus, you guys just go all out.
Old January 26th, 2010, 03:33 PM
HookahWoltar
Hookah Newbie

DO NOT EVER EVER EVER INTENTIONALLY FREEZE TANGIERS!!!! EVER!!!. if you know what molasses is and how the shisha is made, then you would know that you should never ever freeze it. it could(and essentially does) ruin the tobacco. a package of frozen solid tangiers that came out fine after is either just a freak happening, or luck. ive heard several occasions where it thawed out fine but still, thats not how shisha works, and it harms the makeup of it. i learned all this when i had my own acclimation problems not even a week ago, when i talked to the big boss E.
Old January 26th, 2010, 03:36 PM
gnuworldorder
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookahWoltar View Post
DO NOT EVER EVER EVER INTENTIONALLY FREEZE TANGIERS!!!! EVER!!!. if you know what molasses is and how the shisha is made, then you would know that you should never ever freeze it. it could(and essentially does) ruin the tobacco. a package of frozen solid tangiers that came out fine after is either just a freak happening, or luck. ive heard several occasions where it thawed out fine but still, thats not how shisha works, and it harms the makeup of it. i learned all this when i had my own acclimation problems not even a week ago, when i talked to the big boss E.
wow i totally lucked out. i got 6 bricks of frozen tangiers last year due to fedex nonheated trucks and them leaving it outside my apartment's office
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook