Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

your local shops

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old January 26th, 2010, 02:58 PM
87t0y
Hookah Newbie

Default your local shops

i know lots of ppl complain about the local shops, that they dont have any good selections of shisha or hookahs.

just wondering if there any any good shops out there. i recently moved to a much smaller twon that i used to live in. there is only one shop around here, it seems pretty similar to most of the shops ive been to.

all the hookahs they have are cheap generics. they have Al Waha and SB and royalty shisha, not too many flavors and steep prices.

so any good shops out there, i know theres gotta be some.
Old January 26th, 2010, 03:01 PM
cmoreno14
Hookah Nut

Default Re: your local shops

there is a shop by me that sells km's for around 90 and have a huge variety of al fakher 250g for 8, some black snow and java for 11 and nakhla mizo for 4.95 and thats a 250g container
Old January 26th, 2010, 03:05 PM
87t0y
Hookah Newbie

wow, you have it made.
Old January 26th, 2010, 03:09 PM
gnuworldorder
Banned

the three local shops are all "glass" shops pretty much. they all sell hookah hookah for like 15$ a 250, one also sells epic for around that price and one sells al waha for 20$ and i didnt ask what the af price was. keep in mind this was all before the tobacco tax went up last march
Old January 26th, 2010, 03:15 PM
CaptHowdy
Hookah Enthusiast

I have a local shop 10 minutes from me. They sell SB, Fantasia, Fumari, AF, Nak, JM's and some other brands. They have hookahs too, never really looked.

30 minutes from me is a Middle Eastern Grocery. They sell SB, Nak, AF, and something else. Plus lots of Egyptian hookahs.

45 minutes from me is Texas Hookah. Great place an go there 2 times a month.

All of these places are cheap.

When I go visit the inlaws in San Antonio, I may give hookah-shisha a call and see if I can tour their warehouse. I order enough I think I am entitled. Plus it is about an hour away.
Favorite Hoses: 2 Large Nammor, Caravan, KM Rainbow, Ba Barkir
Old January 26th, 2010, 03:21 PM
zeoalex
Hookah Nut

i have one up here by school that is a tobacco shop with a small hookah lounge. they sell Hookah-hookah, which I really don't like, and the owner is kind of a bitch, so I just order online. At home, I have to go into new york city to get hookah stuff, which I wouldn't really do unless I'm in already, it's like an hour away, so a hookah trip is kind of pointless
Old January 26th, 2010, 03:21 PM
Pete
Hookah Nut

My local shop deals in MYA, as well as a few no-name hookahs and accessories. As for shisha, they have Hookah-Hookah, Al Fakher, and perhaps a few others... but I wouldn't notice as I glossed over all of them in my failed search for Nakhla. What a shame.
Old January 26th, 2010, 03:23 PM
CypherEnigma
Hookah Pro

I have an Armenian Supermarket 20 minutes from me that has a huge selection of Nakhla, AF and Starbuzz. They also have a large selection of accessories including Coconut coals. The have a lot of Egyptian pipes and some Syrian pipes(including some AF Solid/Lights) as well as a few Chinese rigs that seem to gather dust and take up shelf space. I love this place and they also have some amazing olives and pastries.

36" Al Falkher Solid - 36" KM Copper Heart Two Hose - 22" Temsah Mini-Wheat(a.k.a. Golden Nugget)
Old January 26th, 2010, 03:27 PM
B4TheRush
Hookah Nut

i have a place here 1 min from house have km's all mya's ed hardy and random generics have SB, AF, Layalina, Naklha, Mizo, 360, Amaren, Fantasia, Hydro and maby 1 more not sure coals bowls and hoses basically everything and nice prices SB 17 nakhla 5 lay and fan 15 AF 14
Old February 4th, 2010, 03:28 PM
iMaD
Hookah Pro

Does anybody know where I can get Black Snow 360 in/around the Chicago area. The only place I know that carries is Al Amir in Dearborn, MI. They have a website but you can't acually order, you can, but you have to pick it up at the store. TIA
Old February 4th, 2010, 03:30 PM
iMaD
Hookah Pro

where do you live?
Old February 4th, 2010, 03:37 PM
yeags777
Hookah Pro

I have convinced two local shops to carry Nakhla... they love me for it.
Old February 4th, 2010, 03:48 PM
Mackmaven
Hookah Aficionado

I got SuperKing in OC and glendale selling AF, Nak and Coconaras

A smoke shop in anaheim for KMs

Caravan for hoses and other misc.

Occasionally TheHookah in glendale

I wish John had a place I could drop in on, that's be badass to see his whole stock

"From zero to hookah, in nothing flat."
Old February 4th, 2010, 07:23 PM
SonOfGram
Hookah Aficionado

Hookahset is pretty much my local shop, within 5-10 mins away from me.

How-To Etch a Hookah Base: http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22782
How-To DIY E-Cigarette: http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33454
Old February 4th, 2010, 07:56 PM
britjh22
Hookah Nut

The middle eastern grocer around the corner carries some nakhla, and the lounge a bit away has Nakhla, SB, Havanna, and knockoff AF. They don't carry much in the way of hookahs, lots of Havanna, chinese, and a few egyptian generics.
Old February 4th, 2010, 08:12 PM
CypherEnigma
Hookah Pro

I have a middle eastern market about 20 minutes drive from me that stocks most Nakhla, some AF and some SB. In addition to this they have pallets of Coco coals available and the windows of the market on top of the shelves are lined with pipes although there is a regrettable majority of Chinese pipes, the occasional Nour or KM makes it way in there although from what I've seen they don't stay long. I'm a huge fan of my local shop in case you couldn't tell

36" Al Falkher Solid - 36" KM Copper Heart Two Hose - 22" Temsah Mini-Wheat(a.k.a. Golden Nugget)
Old February 8th, 2010, 09:18 AM
iMaD
Hookah Pro

Here my local shop story:
I was in Chicago the other day, northside to visit relatives and I decided to take a walk arounf the Middleeastern neighborhood around Kedzie and Lawrence. So I walked into a couple of the stores and you would not believe the selection of hookas and shisha they carry and the prices are amazing. Places like Cleopatra, Al-khayaam....which have been there for a while but the store that grabbed my attention was Arabica , newly opened, a huge shop with everything your heart desire (or lungs). I was familiar with their website and they also ahve a store in the south suburbs but this place is really nice and very cheap (much cheaper than the web site and more selection. I picked up a can of SB Fuzzy Naval and 2 cans of Blacksnow 360 for $35 TOTAL. I paid cash so he didn't even charge me sales tax . Some example : SB 15.99, Tonic 14.99, BS 360 12.99, Golden Layalina 13.99, Amaren cans 5.99, AF 8.99, Nakhleh is llike 4 bucks...if you buy a couple of can you can negotiate a discount like I did. They metioned they have 3 store in the Chicago area. I would recommend this place but also check out the other shop like Cleopetra...they are propably even cheaper if you bargain a litte. Happy smoking !!!
Old February 8th, 2010, 10:12 AM
hookahslisk
Hookah Nut

Well, I guess you've seen my post about some of the shops in Khobar. Pictures are worth a thousand words!...and I can get just about anything made in Egypt and the Middle East.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook