Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

J&R hookahs

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old January 18th, 2008, 09:19 PM
hookah_connoisseur
Hookah Newbie

Default J&R hookahs

Has anyone smoked one and a KM or MZ? Because they have been getting really good reviews but I want to know if the 26" is better than a KM.
Old January 18th, 2008, 09:24 PM
FURsAKeN
Hookah Enthusiast

Default Re: J&R hookahs

How does this relate to the topic?

/root
Old January 18th, 2008, 09:28 PM
hookah_connoisseur
Hookah Newbie

I am talking about J&R hookahs... and I was asking this question because I was thinking about buying one...
Old January 18th, 2008, 09:40 PM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

You will get various responses to a very subjective thread. I have a KM, I dont think anything can touch it as far as performance except my Starbuzz Parad-Ice. So I will vote for KM all the way. I always come back to my KM as it is a proven performer.

Billy
Old January 19th, 2008, 02:42 AM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

It depends on a couple of things.

The Draw - The JandR has a tighter draw then the KM
The Chamber - The JandR has a common chamber with a plate with 4 holes, the KM is a Traditional Chamber.
The Metal - The KM will most likely be comprised mostly of Stainless Steel (Stainless in most cases, but not all) and some Brass Parts, Copper at times. The JandR is fully brass.
The Design - KM is Egyptian, JandR is Syrian
Ease of Cleaning - The JandR comes apart into many pieces making cleaning very easy. The KM does not come apart, however with the use of a stem brush cleaning is fairly easy. Common Chambers are harder to clean than Traditional Chambers.
Purge - The purge in the JandR only works when the vase is filled to the top, and only empties about half the smoke because of it's Common Chamber. In the KM, the purge will work completely and clear the whole vase of smoke because of it's Traditional Chamber design.

So basically you will have to draw for a little longer from the JandR to get the same amount of smoke from a shorter draw in the KM. But the JandR will have a more sturdy stem and be easier to clean. You won't be able to purge the JandR as well as the KM.

Old January 19th, 2008, 05:39 AM
KoRnKitten
Moderator Kitteh

Send a message via AIM to KoRnKitten Send a message via Yahoo to KoRnKitten

I can only vouche for a KM. Good luck though.

GLaDOS: "You euthanised your faithful companion cube more quickly than any test subject on record. Congratulations!"
Old January 19th, 2008, 10:03 AM
HookahETC
Banned

Send a message via AIM to HookahETC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenSilk

The Chamber - The JandR has a common chamber with a plate with 4 holes, the KM is a Traditional Chamber.
The Metal - The KM will most likely be comprised mostly of Stainless Steel (Stainless in most cases, but not all) and some Brass Parts, Copper at times. The JandR is fully brass.
Ease of Cleaning - The JandR comes apart into many pieces making cleaning very easy. The KM does not come apart, however with the use of a stem brush cleaning is fairly easy. Common Chambers are harder to clean than Traditional Chambers.
Purge - The purge in the JandR only works when the vase is filled to the top, and only empties about half the smoke because of it's Common Chamber. In the KM, the purge will work completely and clear the whole vase of smoke because of it's Traditional Chamber design.

So basically you will have to draw for a little longer from the JandR to get the same amount of smoke from a shorter draw in the KM. But the JandR will have a more sturdy stem and be easier to clean. You won't be able to purge the JandR as well as the KM.

For the most part, Zen is right about my Syrians. However, he speaks of a 3 Hose Syrian. I believe the OP is looking for a single hose, which is an entirely different ball game when it comes to my Syrians (If only you knew Zen ).
Old January 19th, 2008, 10:18 AM
waterboij23
Hookah Nut

Well I own two JandR Syrians and have smoke from many different KMs and owned a Tangerine. IMO the syrians out smoke any KM that I have smoked from . The construction of the Syrian seems to be more solid and i like that the stem pieces can be taking apart for easier cleaning. The JandR syrians are full brass piece stems and very sturdy. The glass is extremely thick and sturdy.
Old January 19th, 2008, 12:21 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookahETC
Quote:

For the most part, Zen is right about my Syrians. However, he speaks of a 3 Hose Syrian. I believe the OP is looking for a single hose, which is an entirely different ball game when it comes to my Syrians (If only you knew Zen ).
There ya go!

Old January 19th, 2008, 12:45 PM
waterboij23
Hookah Nut

yep Zen. If you only knew
Old January 19th, 2008, 05:28 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Quote:
Quote:

I've got two J & R Syrians and a 33" Ice chambered KM ( photos are floating around here of those and my Arabica Sous Marble and Turkish custom built rig ) and basically Zen is on target but as Jimmy says he is more correct when speaking of 3 hose rigs. Single hose J & Rs have a very easy draw and honestly they are as good or better then anything you can buy new in terms of smoke quality. I've a big review about one here which you should read. The J & R products do have nicer finishes and are certainly heavier then KMs and are easier to clean as well. In the end I have to say that the J & R Syrians are better but both will give excellent sessions for years to come if you take care of them properly.
Old January 19th, 2008, 05:44 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajo Flettner
Quote:
Quote:

I've got two J & R Syrians and a 33" Ice chambered KM ( photos are floating around here of those and my Arabica Sous Marble and Turkish custom built rig ) and basically Zen is on target but as Jimmy says he is more correct when speaking of 3 hose rigs. Single hose J & Rs have a very easy draw and honestly they are as good or better then anything you can buy new in terms of smoke quality. I've a big review about one here which you should read. The J & R products do have nicer finishes and are certainly heavier then KMs and are easier to clean as well. In the end I have to say that the J & R Syrians are better but both will give excellent sessions for years to come if you take care of them properly.
Yes, read his review, it lead to my purchase of a JandR rig. It's very intuitive and descriptive, and definitely worth a read even if you don't want a JandR!
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook