Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Sima Sultan

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old January 29th, 2010, 01:22 AM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Default Sima Sultan

I got to smoke some Sima Sultan coffee moasel and I was impressed. Sima Sultan is one of the bigger moaasel companies in Turkey and while it's not unwashed it has a lot less processing and it keeps some tobacco characteristics while still having all the typical fruit type flavourings. The coffee is rich and full bodied and tastes exactly like good quality coffee with an after taste of pipe tobacco that reminds me of Argosy Black which is a very complimentary flavour. It also produces a lot of smoke so I can't think of any downside. If any of you guys get to Turkey you should grab some!
Old January 29th, 2010, 01:47 AM
MAD_HATTER
Hookah Master

Default Re: Sima Sultan

I...... want some! lol
Old January 29th, 2010, 02:07 AM
MC_Gatty
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAD_HATTER View Post
I...... want some! lol
Right? I don't think I'd appreciate it enough for it to be wasted on me, though. At least I have the consolation of just discovering that my local shop has 250g of Zaghloul for $9. I can finally satisfy my desire for traditional tobacco flavors and begin the journey into the dark side. Now I just need to find somewhere that sells Desi Murli... or give up and pay for shipping.
Old January 29th, 2010, 02:22 AM
CypherEnigma
Hookah Pro

Hajo that sounds like a wonderful tobacco. I wish that there was more selection of this type of tobacco in the US market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC_Gatty View Post
Right? I don't think I'd appreciate it enough for it to be wasted on me, though. At least I have the consolation of just discovering that my local shop has 250g of Zaghloul for $9. I can finally satisfy my desire for traditional tobacco flavors and begin the journey into the dark side. Now I just need to find somewhere that sells Desi Murli... or give up and pay for shipping.
AFAIK Hookah1 and Texas hookah are the only carriers of Desi Murli. The tobacco is cheap enough that I find it very easy to justify an order. It is worth every cent that you'll pay.

36" Al Falkher Solid - 36" KM Copper Heart Two Hose - 22" Temsah Mini-Wheat(a.k.a. Golden Nugget)
Old January 29th, 2010, 06:30 AM
squareben
Hookah Nut

Is the no way we can get hold of this outside Turkey? I tried the apricot flavour which was fantastic and ive wanted some more ever since.
Old January 29th, 2010, 03:14 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

I found the flavour I picked up at a little Turkish shop in Odense but I think that Sultan Sima is only sporadically found in Europa and not at all in the U.S. which is a shame since it's a pretty high quality brand.

I should say that Sultan Sima is not a traditional product in that they make lots of fruit flavours and are not actually unwashed. Rather, it's a modern style brand that is less processed then most so a good bit of the tobacco flavours remain. I think of it as more like Nakhla in that regard rather then a totally unwahsed product like DM.

As to DM the fact is that in the U.S. the only places it can be found are at hookah1.com and texashookah.com Both are good vendors although I tend to use hookah1.com more often since they also carry Salloum and have all of the DM flavours. Texas hookah would be the place I would go if I wanted to buy both DM and more mainstream products like SB/fantasia at the same time I was looking for DM. Since the price of DM is very low and it's the best moassel on the U.S. market I think that anyone interested in something more traditional really needs to just buy some.
Old January 29th, 2010, 03:34 PM
MC_Gatty
Hookah Nut

Oh yeah, sorry. That was clear in the review, I think everything just feels more traditional when you write about it, haha. You have an impressively strong voice in your posts.

I know, I know... I just hate paying for shipping as it feels like I'm throwing money at nothing. It's still ultimately cheaper though, so I guess when I work this summer I'll put in a big order. Who supplies it in Europe? I will be there all next year and I have a feeling I'm going to get hooked..
Old January 29th, 2010, 04:17 PM
BuzzHookah
Hookah Pro

Im down, that sounds like a miracle
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook