Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

GREATEST CUSTOM HOOKAHS EVAR!

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old February 1st, 2010, 05:12 PM
x 0hookah0 x

Default Re: GREATEST CUSTOM HOOKAHS EVAR!

Niceee, imagine it smokes as good as it looks :P
Old February 2nd, 2010, 02:15 PM
merchantofmenac
Hookah Nut

i can't hate on the cheap chinese "junk" hookahs....as they lead me to my darling KM.....therefore no regrets....
Old February 3rd, 2010, 05:58 AM
smokey void
Hookah Pro

not to everyones taste though i would like a custom hookah myself, i'm not into "bling/crunk" by any means i'd just like something that suits my personal taste which is made specifically for me and of my own design, i wanna be different just like everyone else lol
Old February 3rd, 2010, 06:26 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Rather have AIDS.
Old February 3rd, 2010, 06:33 PM
Hookah Lungs
Hookah Nut

What in the world are these? The ideas are great, just the implementation is absolutely horrible. I don't smoke hookah to get crunk... that's what drinking is for.

Catering to a younger, more hip-hop oriented crowd must have seemed like a good idea, but I hope to never see one of these in person. I'm 22 so I understand the desire to target the young audience, yet this utterly destroys the tradition of hookah smoking. This is probably just the beginning too...
Old February 3rd, 2010, 07:57 PM
Coyotero
Hookah Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajo Flettner View Post
Well, I suppose too much honesty can be a bad thing. I'll change it too "crunktastic display of venal stupidity too loathsome to describe in polite company" as well as an excellent example of why modern American life can traumatize the senses and encourage arson." I trust that is more appropriate.
Aaaaaaand Hajo wins another thread.

Darth Coyote, Executor of EGOB and the Black Leaf Brotherhood.
Old February 3rd, 2010, 11:47 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjaco View Post
Haha i don't disagree hajo but it is possible that some people just buy it because it's hip, but thats not far from why I started. Bunch of my friends said how good it was and we were hanging out once and they started it up i was intimidated at first but i gave it a shot and i've been hooked ever since. I know it's not exactly the same but you know its a possibility.
You got a point in that I am sure a lot of people jump on the bandwagon and a few of them migrate into the hobby without the hipster bagage and when that happens that is great. The crunk fans and EH types are the sort of people that can never get into anything but the stupidest and most annoying aspects of smoking and I see them as people that are making in to something I hate.
Old February 3rd, 2010, 11:48 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CypherEnigma View Post
I think that a good way to open new people up to the "hobby"(for lack of better term) is to invite new people to smoke with you, even if its people who normally would be taken in by this. I think that inviting a new person to the circle and passing the hose to one more person will do more to foster appreciation that continuing to perpetuate the fads of pop culture that have begun to permeate through the edges of the long culture of narghile. If you can show people how you smoke and how you've come to appreciate this hobby, then a better understanding and respect for the process of smoking is more likely to be fostered than selling janky, gaudy over priced pipes to hipsters and hoping that they will come to appreciate some of the more traditional aspects that many of the members of this forum enjoy.
Best post spreading the word ever!
Old February 3rd, 2010, 11:50 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunkel View Post
Rap is crap, the end.
Well crap can be used to grow stuff and rap just makes life ugly so lets not demean crap by associating it with rap.
Old February 3rd, 2010, 11:50 PM
chadtizzle
Hookah Guru

Send a message via Skype™ to chadtizzle

weeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaakkkkkk
Old February 3rd, 2010, 11:54 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradedup View Post
Garbage.

And crunk is not a word I'd like to be associated with hookah. The people that buy these rigs aren't the people I'd like to be thrown into a group with, they're the people that make hookah smokers look bad IMO.

Sorry if this is your taste.
Good point. Associating narghiles with illegal substances and getting blasted is not a good thing. Anything that is marketed to people into crunk is making our hobby helps make it something to be rejected and relegated to people that I want nothing to do with.
Old February 4th, 2010, 12:05 AM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biloshambles View Post
remember, this is America and everything here eventually gets "Americanized". ...I mean c'mon, are those of us who are white Americans really the embodiment of the hookah tradition?! lol I don't think so... traditional...I suppose horse-drawn carriages would be more "traditional" instead of automobiles. ...I better leave early for class
A car is an improvement over a carriage because it does what a carriage is meant to do more effectively. Taking something beautiful and conducive to social interaction, thinking and stimulating the senses and making it into a trashy, over priced gimmick used by stoner idiots is not an improvement. Just because something comes to America doesn't mean it has to turn to something cheesy and fake. I know that America wasn't always that way and I think that we need to stand up to this sort of thing and let it be known that it's not anything we want to associate with.
Old February 4th, 2010, 12:56 AM
DaSebsch
Hookah Aficionado

I'm sure the base was done mostly as a joke. Look at Lil Jon's Crunk Cup and you can see the resemblance to this hookah. Somebody was probably bored and needed something to put on the base of a hookah so they chose the Crunk Cup and transformed it into a crunk base.
I don't know what everybody is getting so riled up about, especially since it's not even something that is being mass produced but rather an individual's work.

Some of the comments in this thread really show that is forum isn't really "the friendliest and most welcoming/accepting hookah forum there is" that most of the members on here claim it is.
Sure, nobody wants to see your hobby turn into something terribly main stream and exploited by mass producing labels, but decorating your vase in whatever fashion YOU want to decorate it in will not only make this hookah more unique than any of your hookahs, but also adds personal value to this hookah because of the time and effort put into this.
Calling the maker of this base an idiot, brain dead, or comparing this hookah to fecal matter is not only unfair since the base was most likely made as a joke, but also shows ignorance and intolerance toward something that's even remotely different from what most of everybody here has.

Seriously guys, has it come this far that everybody jumps on the hating bandwagon and literally hurls incredible insults at somebody who created this vase most likely for shits and giggles?
This and the other thread where people openly stated that they don't like helping new people because those people are too dumb to use the search function really erased the whole "welcoming, accepting, tolerant" image this forum is always trying to pass off.

I wonder what Sambooka has to say about this...
Old February 4th, 2010, 01:12 AM
-jordan-

yikes... I... have, no words.
Old February 4th, 2010, 01:19 AM
cmoreno14
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSebsch View Post
I'm sure the base was done mostly as a joke. Look at Lil Jon's Crunk Cup and you can see the resemblance to this hookah. Somebody was probably bored and needed something to put on the base of a hookah so they chose the Crunk Cup and transformed it into a crunk base.
I don't know what everybody is getting so riled up about, especially since it's not even something that is being mass produced but rather an individual's work.

Some of the comments in this thread really show that is forum isn't really "the friendliest and most welcoming/accepting hookah forum there is" that most of the members on here claim it is.
Sure, nobody wants to see your hobby turn into something terribly main stream and exploited by mass producing labels, but decorating your vase in whatever fashion YOU want to decorate it in will not only make this hookah more unique than any of your hookahs, but also adds personal value to this hookah because of the time and effort put into this.
Calling the maker of this base an idiot, brain dead, or comparing this hookah to fecal matter is not only unfair since the base was most likely made as a joke, but also shows ignorance and intolerance toward something that's even remotely different from what most of everybody here has.

Seriously guys, has it come this far that everybody jumps on the hating bandwagon and literally hurls incredible insults at somebody who created this vase most likely for shits and giggles?
This and the other thread where people openly stated that they don't like helping new people because those people are too dumb to use the search function really erased the whole "welcoming, accepting, tolerant" image this forum is always trying to pass off.

you just somed up what i could not form into words this is good. thank you for posting this
Old February 4th, 2010, 01:21 AM
DaSebsch
Hookah Aficionado

I tried my best to sum it up dude. Glad you feel the same way!
Old February 4th, 2010, 01:28 AM
MrBungle
AFNSBFLAVOUR

sorry but this wasn't a joke. Tonic had these made for their booths at trade shows. this just gives the media more reason to associate our passion with negativity. lil john isn't the purest person out there to be used as a means of making hookah more popular. I think that's the point here, not that the designer is an idiot. he didn't decide to make these, Tonic did. dumb on their part.

Old February 4th, 2010, 01:30 AM
DaSebsch
Hookah Aficionado

Are they actually being produced for sale??

And I didn't mean a joke joke, more like something to look at and say "Look, that's kinda cool/tight/sweet in a weird way".
Old February 4th, 2010, 02:27 AM
smokey void
Hookah Pro

any one notice the triple head on the first hookah? i've seen doubles but not a triple
Old February 4th, 2010, 02:35 AM
TheHookahCentral
Vendor

Looks like hookah has hit mainstream hard
Old February 4th, 2010, 02:50 AM
opticalshadow
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokey void View Post
any one notice the triple head on the first hookah? i've seen doubles but not a triple
ive seen up to four bowls.

let them have their crunk water pipes, dont deman hookah by useing its name in vain...you surly wouldnt want to offend the hookah, else bad sessions shall plauge apon you.....one day i will learn how to spell.
Old February 4th, 2010, 02:50 AM
CypherEnigma
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokey void View Post
H-S carres 2-3-4 head bowls. IMO its more of a novelty than a useful product. The idea seems sound at first but the heat management and smoke quality suffer. It may seem like a good way to mix flavors but it can be done better with some careful packing. If you want to mix 3 flavors equally, get out some tin foil, lay it down and then measure out 3 small piles and hand mix before adding it to a bowl.

36" Al Falkher Solid - 36" KM Copper Heart Two Hose - 22" Temsah Mini-Wheat(a.k.a. Golden Nugget)
Old February 4th, 2010, 02:57 AM
MC_Gatty
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by CypherEnigma View Post
H-S carres 2-3-4 head bowls. IMO its more of a novelty than a useful product. The idea seems sound at first but the heat management and smoke quality suffer. It may seem like a good way to mix flavors but it can be done better with some careful packing. If you want to mix 3 flavors equally, get out some tin foil, lay it down and then measure out 3 small piles and hand mix before adding it to a bowl.
Yeah, plus it's ridiculously wasteful! The Nak overpack taxes me (though it's worth it), I can't imagine packing 2, 3, 4 bowls every time I smoked That said, check out the new special at saharasmoke, free with every $40 order...
http://saharasmoke.com/store/catalog...l-p-17252.html

Edit: WOOO 200th post!
Old February 4th, 2010, 03:40 AM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSebsch View Post

It wasn't done as joke or by an individual but rather by the company Tonic so you are wrong about that. In fact Tonic has been making a major push to tie in narghiles with rappers trying to make a connection between the racist/misogynistic/thug culture of urban America and moassel smoking. Anyone that doesn't have a problem with that is some one I have a problem with. Likewise Mya also markets pimp and krunk hookahs and frankly anything that associates narghiles with illegal substance use and sexually exploiting women should be seen as negative by anyone involved in the hobby. Clearly people have a right to lousy taste and defiling anything but when they do so I plan on strenuously objecting.

As to this forum being friendly to new comers I have seen countless threads where a handful of questions that have answered hundreds of times get tons happy, helpful responses and if that isn't friendly enough then nothing ever will be. Yes, I would prefer that people use the search function since reading the same thing hundreds of times over is annoying to me but I don't recall anyone saying that not using the search button makes someone stupid.

As to being friendly and accepting well I for one think that we shouldn't make people that want to associate narghiles with illegal substances and crass, corporate garbage like EH and pimping welcome. Those sorts of things bring people and attitudes that are antithetical to everything I find positive about the hobby.
Old February 4th, 2010, 06:49 AM
BobMarley
Hookah Guru

I'd love a custom hookah but one that is pretty much the opposite of that thing.

You guys probably shouldn't be so upset, that thing is probably (obvious to me) not meant for tobacco smoking... *ahem*
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook