Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Am I Giving Mini Hookahs the Respect They Deserve?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old January 20th, 2008, 06:55 AM
larrypzlast
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to larrypzlast
Default Am I Giving Mini Hookahs the Respect They Deserve?

Well, when I first saw the mini hookahs I was absolutely against ever owning one. I don't know why I just didn't like them. As I look at them more I find myself starting to think as what a girl would say "cute" they also seem to be really convenient. I've read about how people say they smoke just fine so I may actually consider getting one! I mean how cool would it be to throw that little guy with a broken up coal piece and a heatshield into your car's cup holder :P. T hat is if your car provides a smooth ride! What it all boils down to is that I jumped to conclusions and I am sorry mini hookah's for making fun of you.
Old January 20th, 2008, 07:08 AM
t10
Hookah Newbie

Default Re: Am I Giving Mini Hookahs the Respect They Deserve?

I haven't really looked into mini hookahs that much. But I found a mini stargate which I am very tempted to buy, to me it just looks so cool.

Take a look larry https://www.pimpyourhookah.com/compo...ec1dc0ace6.png

Old January 20th, 2008, 09:26 AM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

Minis are fun for traveling etc, just remember you wont get as cool of smoke as you would with a taller hookah. With that being said many people use a mini and love them. You just have to understand their limitations.

Billy
Old January 20th, 2008, 10:30 AM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Frankly even the best mini is not a great rig which is not too strange given that you'll get more heat and CO the smaller it gets. Given that minis are targeted at the bottom end of the market they tend to be poorly built as well. With the exception of the Furat Champaign narghile i've mentioned and maybe the kettle model by the same guy none of them are really built to last. If you simply don't have the space to store a full sized rig you might as well get a mini but don't think you'll be getting a great session.
Old January 20th, 2008, 11:09 AM
dmcwebd
Vendor

Send a message via MSN to dmcwebd

i also was against mini hookahs until i bought a 36cm mini Chinese hookah to take to brazil, and i came back from the trip and i'm still using it as its much more easier to to clean it hehe
Old January 20th, 2008, 12:52 PM
Redneckwoman688
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to Redneckwoman688 Send a message via Yahoo to Redneckwoman688 Send a message via Skype™ to Redneckwoman688

Yeah Mini hookahs have their pluses. The hookah I have is a mini and I think it is just as great as a standard hookah. The cleaning and traveling aspects are the greatest things though, so easy to clean and so easy to travel with it. :P
Old January 20th, 2008, 01:02 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Hye now, they don't deserve THAT much respect. They do smoke well, but not as well as a 22" - 30" rig.
You get more CO with a Mini Hookah because the coals are closer to the water and hoses and there is not very much time for it to dissipate and dissolve.

The smoke always smokes warm, no matter what you do. Ice cubes make it a little better, but you can only ass so much ice before the pull is too weak.

They are good fro cars and traveling, you are correct. They are compact and light and don;t take up much room.

But to buy one that smokes well, as in a Mya, you should just get yourself a KM.
Old January 20th, 2008, 04:03 PM
JillyIsJustKidding
Deleted Per User Request

I think the only minis that are actually good are MYA hookah. The other minis like pumpkins and such suck really bad lol. Cuz they have small stems and small bases (less cool down, more harshness) while small MYAS usually have smaller stems but way bigger bases (more room for smoke and more cool down)

tehe I can't wait till I get my mini MYA next time I get my paycheck
Old January 20th, 2008, 06:35 PM
cemab4y
Hookah Nut

Send a message via MSN to cemab4y

I live in Iraq. I got a "widow hookah" also known as a "pumpkin". I like it. It is small, and easy and quick to clean and set up. I use ice in the water-flask, and the smoke is cool and thick. I live in a trailer, so I do not have much space to set up a monster hookah. I also use it when traveling, it is easier to carry and transport to the beach, etc.
Old January 20th, 2008, 09:24 PM
HookahMaster
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JillyIsJustKidding
I think the only minis that are actually good are MYA hookah. The other minis like pumpkins and such suck really bad lol. Cuz they have small stems and small bases (less cool down, more harshness) while small MYAS usually have smaller stems but way bigger bases (more room for smoke and more cool down)

tehe I can't wait till I get my mini MYA next time I get my paycheck
+1 on that... My friend has a Mya Diva (13 inch) and it smokes good. I'd say it smokes just as good as any other medium sized hookah. It's also really convenient to carry around and easy to clean up. The only downside is that the glass base is a little thin. But my friend has abused his Diva a lot, even lend it to some friends, and so far it's still in perfect condition.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook