Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Is there room for another vendor?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share
Old February 2nd, 2010, 10:53 AM
Hookah Nut
Send a message via MSN to Lablabla
Default Re: Is there room for another vendor?

The only thing i realy need is international shipping (israel) at a bit more reasonable price than 130$ for a hookah or 20 for a few boxes of coals..
Old February 2nd, 2010, 11:11 AM
Hookah Newbie

Originally Posted by CypherEnigma View Post
More Northeast vendors would be appreciated. Right now all I know of is hookah-set.com
I agree! I have to wait about a week to get my items.. Sometimes thats a long wait I would want to see more vendors near the New York region. But I am fortunate that there are some local stores that carry variety of Nakhla.
Old February 2nd, 2010, 12:30 PM
Hookah Nut

Originally Posted by Black_Mamba View Post
Well I do live on the East Coast. So you might be in luck in the near future. If my business plan works out that is.
I'd love it, because if I remember correctly, you are in Pennsylvania. I have only one reputable B&M that sells decent hookahs/shisha that I can drive to (...that I know of). They have a very limited stock, and sadly.... no Nakhla.
Old February 2nd, 2010, 01:15 PM
Hookah Master

Originally Posted by Black_Mamba View Post
Tell me what you guys think.

1.Yes or No
2.Why or Why not
3.What do you think the other vendors do/don't do (if anything) that could be improved upon / changed?
4.Anything else.

Thanks in advanced.

1. Yes, if you have stuff people want. Some vendors pop up with just the same crap, or just crap in general.

2. If you have the wares, and nice high quality hookahs, you will get business. A lot of sales are also great.

3. More sales?
Old February 2nd, 2010, 01:22 PM
Hookah Pro

I figure it would be hard to start out at this point in the game which giants like Hookah John and Hookah John. kekeke I think John does an outstanding job at getting in the newest and best shisha/pipes on the market.
Old February 2nd, 2010, 02:27 PM
Hookah Nut

there is definitely more room for another vendor right now, with that said, you need to offer things that others don't, as well as a good solid price.
just a few things i've noticed...
-most of the vendors are in the southwest/west side of the US, no love for the people on most of the east coast. For those of us who live in new york, there is really no shops in the tri-state area with decent selection unless you go into new york city, and a 2 hour round trip+train tickets/subway cards can get expensive for a few boxes of shisha..especially when i've found a ton of shops are hole-in-the-wall and can be extremely sketchy.
-another thing, read reviews, figure out what people like, and sell it.
one of the things, especially for newer hookah smokers, a lot of them don't know the difference in the brands, or which is better, etc. one of the things I remember looking far and wide for was a "company sampler" sort of package where a small discount is offered for a package of pre-determined amount(5x50's, 3x100's etc, but again, it's a sampler so no huge packages) from a handful of different companies. That way, people can get an idea of what they like as far as a company goes. Either make pre-determined flavor packages, or give the consumer a choice of flavors in a given package.
-Pulling from the last point some, a single company sampler is also a great thing. I know when I was first ordering, I had major trouble figuring out what to get because there are just so many flavors, so maybe offer a few packages that YOU think are good, as an example, a starbuzz 100g sampler, choose your favorites...ie. offer 3 tins of your favorite starbuzz flavors. (but remember to also offer the general choose your own 3/5/what have you)
-Also have GOOD product descriptions, or have a page that explains the various caviats of the different flavors. for example, I was buying tangiers for the first time, and on the dropdown list of flavors from H-S it said lucid (+3.00), and also had things like "peach" and "kashmir peach." I figured out what lucid was pretty easily, BUT it took a lot of searching, and finally a chat with CS to figure out what kashmir was. I find that the easier it is to figure out the differences between flavors, the more likley I am to order.
finally, for the love of god, USE USPS! (unless you can't ship tobacco/other hookah items via USPS, but as far as I know you can?) USPS is generally cheaper, AND faster than Fedex or UPS. Priority mail is much less expensive, and takes a maximum of 3 days to get across the country. This is one of my biggest gripes with almost all of the vendors that I've ordered from, i'm paying a lot for shipping, and it takes a week+ to get to me because it's coming from cross country, UPS ground.
Old February 2nd, 2010, 06:21 PM
Hookah Pro

Thanks for all the info guys and gals! I am going to take all of this into consideration and finish my business plans and see how it all works out!
Spread Some Hookah Stoke Today!
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook