Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Anally specific methods for smoking AF

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old February 1st, 2010, 04:30 AM
Dr Shisha
Hookah Nut

Default Re: Anally specific methods for smoking AF

will deffo try the superpack method. Thanks bud.
Old February 1st, 2010, 07:31 AM
BuzzHookah
Hookah Pro

I guess the way i do it lies closer to the super dense method. I take out the the shisha and put it on plate remove the stems yada yada. The I take my vortex and fill its up usually just below the top of the spire. The i take a fork and wet it. Using the spoked side i drag it down the spire till the holes are uncovered, i do this in front of each hole. If the process has cause the out edge to raise to high i go around and push it down with the fork as well. HD foil, 4 rings of holes, the coco's to heat. then 2 with wind cover after 15 min or so and I am good to go. BTW peops to lemon/mint
Old February 1st, 2010, 08:53 AM
CaptHowdy
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by brasssmunkye View Post
how i smoek AF (which is what i primarily smoke):
i sprinkle the shisha in the bowl untill its full, make sure no pieces are poking up, then done.
then i single or double wrap with foil depending on waht i feel like doing, usually double.
normal hole pattern, a decent amount of medium size holes
then i put 2 exoticas on it, with a windcover (foil one made from a 32oz beerbottle)
about 5 mins later i start smoking.
i smoke it untill it starts to seem harsh or tickly, then i remove the windcover
then i put it back on when i feel i should...
i burn that bowl untill the coals finish, sometimes for 2 sets of coals.
+1 on this method. I use a vortex bowl and get away with 2 exoticas or 2 coconuts coals. Use a windcover until it starts to taste a little harsh. Usually for me, if I use the windcover, it is about 10 minutes. Take the windcover off and let it go. You can usually tell when you need the windcover again.

If I don't use a windcover. I start with 3 coals, after 10 minutes I am down to 2 coals. When they get smaller, I add back the 3rd one. Always get good smoke from AF.
Favorite Hoses: 2 Large Nammor, Caravan, KM Rainbow, Ba Barkir
Old February 1st, 2010, 09:55 AM
Biloshambles
Hookah Nut

dense packing in a vortex solved this problem for me awhile back ever since AF changed...
Old February 1st, 2010, 10:15 AM
03rivers
Hookah Nut

I have never smoked af so I can't offer you any specific advice. However, something you might want to try is the way I smoke tangiers. The reason I think this might work is because the only tobacco that I experience a throat tickle with is tangiers and the only method that I have had great success with is the following. medium tangiers phunnel, super dense pack, then single layer of foil. I use a toothpick to poke 3 rings of large holes going all the way through the tobacco for maximum air flow. then I use an upside down mason jar ring to create a spacer that I set on top of the bowl. You can also do this with foil. Then I wrap foil over the top of that and the bowl and poke 4 squares of 3x3 holes in the top layer. then 4 ch nats and a windcover and it smokes incredible.
Old February 1st, 2010, 04:02 PM
Dr Shisha
Hookah Nut

thanks for the superdense tip it's kinda working for me. Cheers
Old February 1st, 2010, 05:01 PM
kurlz
Hookah Nut

I smoke AF and haven't really had a problem with it. I use 3 kings coal. I only use one coal and it smokes pretty well. It's on an 18 inch. The only time it tickles is if I use a wind cover, like the coal starts to burn it or when I put my secound coal on. I'll get like 10 min from the secound coal then it starts to burn the tobacco. That's when it starts messing with my throat
Old February 1st, 2010, 05:08 PM
-jordan-

Wow thanks you guys for the new methods! I'm gonna go on a AF streak until I get this smoking right.. So many more methods to try! I'll have to pick up a heba diffuser or make one... It seems to me that might help a bit.. And my order of Nakhla just came in, so maybe I can dilute it to make it a easier smoke.
Old February 1st, 2010, 05:11 PM
x 0hookah0 x

dont really smoke al fakher anymore.. its like theres an off taste one im smoking it for about 30 mins.. wouldnt mind if it was a cheap brand but its quite expensive!
Old February 1st, 2010, 05:26 PM
Dakins
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzHookah View Post
I guess the way i do it lies closer to the super dense method. I take out the the shisha and put it on plate remove the stems yada yada. The I take my vortex and fill its up usually just below the top of the spire. The i take a fork and wet it. Using the spoked side i drag it down the spire till the holes are uncovered, i do this in front of each hole. If the process has cause the out edge to raise to high i go around and push it down with the fork as well. HD foil, 4 rings of holes, the coco's to heat. then 2 with wind cover after 15 min or so and I am good to go. BTW peops to lemon/mint
This, 9000 times this.
Old February 1st, 2010, 08:02 PM
britjh22
Hookah Nut

How I've had a lot of success with AF in my KM:

Using a vortex, sorta sprinkle the shisha in letting it fall to the appropriate level, then just press it down a tiny bit. Two layers of foil, about four or five rings of very small holes (toothpick). I've been using 3 coconaras, and it tended to get harsh/tickle, but I've solved this by laying two of them down, and having the last one on it's side. I ash/move maybe once per set of coals.

If I only do one set of coals, there usually is a bit of unburned shisha at the bottom, but it's a small price for a good session imho. I've had success with two sets of coals, flavor usually gets a bit thin towards the end of the second set.

Hope it helps.
Old February 1st, 2010, 10:25 PM
KoRnKitten
Moderator Kitteh

Send a message via AIM to KoRnKitten Send a message via Yahoo to KoRnKitten

Brassmunky and CaptHowdy smoke AF in the same / similar fashion to the way I smoke my AF. AF is my primary smoke, so it's practically all I smoke since I find it easy to manage, and great clouds.

I use exotica coals. I take the pre scored fingers and cut a 1/3 piece in to halves. I then use those two pieces on my bowl. I let the coals sit on the bowl w/ the wind cover for a few minutes to let the bowl warm up before I smoke. Don't leave it unmanaged, or it will burn or get too hot. I manage the heat by using a wind cover. When I feel it starts to get develop tickle/ get hot, I take the windcover off. I will ash the coals, move them slightly, then after a few minutes I will put the cover back on if it needs it.

GLaDOS: "You euthanised your faithful companion cube more quickly than any test subject on record. Congratulations!"

Last edited by KoRnKitten; February 1st, 2010 at 10:36 PM.
Old February 1st, 2010, 11:32 PM
VanMeets
Hookah Newbie

Ive never had problems with AF.

Standard bowl: sprinkle the shisha in loose until it gets right to the brim of the bowl. Take a fork and press it down a little less than a cm so the shisha isnt loose but not super tight. 1 layer of foil, hole pattern doesnt matter much. 2 coals. Success.
Old February 2nd, 2010, 01:30 AM
kurlz
Hookah Nut

I just smoked a bowl for about an hour and some. I kinda did the Tangiers bowl; put a foil cylinder in the middle (stickn above the bowl about 1/4") then lighty packed the shisha around it. Put my foil screen over it, then put two coals on it. Over that I made a dome over the two coals. Smoked really well for me. The foil in the middle covered the holes in the bowl, dunno if that makes any difference or not? Works for me though.

Last edited by kurlz; February 2nd, 2010 at 01:35 AM.
Old February 2nd, 2010, 03:31 PM
Coyotero
Hookah Guru

I can never get AF to smoke right in my phunnel. It's always harsh.

I use an egyptian, usually a small one (Only fits one coal). Fairly loose pack, sparse holes in the foil, one coconara, smokes great.

I occasionally get a slight tickle. I've found that drinking something while smoking takes care of it.

Darth Coyote, Executor of EGOB and the Black Leaf Brotherhood.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook