Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

New guy with questions...

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old February 4th, 2010, 12:07 AM
KyleTheJustin
Hookah Newbie

Default Re: New guy with questions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by britjh22 View Post
I haven't smoked out of one personally, but I think the free hookah that Hookah-Shisha does for orders over $100 could be a good option for a starter pipe. I have seen some reviews on it are pretty favorable, but anyone with experience with it should know.

Buy a new bowl, good hose, good coals, and a bunch of different 50g's of different brands. Basically get a bunch of supplies and upgrades, and have a hookah to boot. I think they one they give is a Mya Acrylic.

Any opinions on this strategy?
For SURE a gnarly hookah. I received one back when I used to order from Hookah-Shisha and that little thing cranks. The base of the free Mya resembles a sorta cheap plastic, though. This would be a good option to get as much shisha as possible and still come out of the deal with a decent hookah. Look into this for sure.

What are afire coals? I've never even heard of those before....
Old February 4th, 2010, 12:10 AM
flippy
Hookah Enthusiast

$150 can get you a good amount of stuff. I would recommend a KM, or if AF hookahs are still around try and get one of those.
Old February 4th, 2010, 12:53 AM
MC_Gatty
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleTheJustin View Post
For SURE a gnarly hookah. I received one back when I used to order from Hookah-Shisha and that little thing cranks. The base of the free Mya resembles a sorta cheap plastic, though. This would be a good option to get as much shisha as possible and still come out of the deal with a decent hookah. Look into this for sure.

What are afire coals? I've never even heard of those before....
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001EYTGUG

I'm intrigued, but Dee said they were pretty weak..
Old February 4th, 2010, 01:08 AM
gnuworldorder
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC_Gatty View Post
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001EYTGUG

I'm intrigued, but Dee said they were pretty weak..
ive been using them for well over a year now. all you do is cut them into 1/4ths and put 2 pieces on the edge. depending on how dense the piece is it lasts from 45 minutes to over 1.5 hours. ill never go back to any other cocos again.
Old February 4th, 2010, 01:16 AM
CypherEnigma
Hookah Pro

(In response to Afire coals) I've never seen coconut finger coals it seems like a pretty good deal if you don't mind finger coals. Personally the first coals I bought were finger coals and I was not a huge fan of them because I was not able to get the kinds of consistency I like when breaking them down. I like the cube coals because I get a consistent result with each use which makes it easier for me to experiment with heat management.

36" Al Falkher Solid - 36" KM Copper Heart Two Hose - 22" Temsah Mini-Wheat(a.k.a. Golden Nugget)
Old February 4th, 2010, 04:05 PM
hookahhsshiha
Hookah Newbie

try the flavours and quality of 'Qehwa' hookah tobacco...its amazingly good!!!
Old February 4th, 2010, 04:27 PM
bigbodybussey
Hookah Newbie

Location: Backwoods, rural, please move your tractor out of the damn road, Georgia.

Wow, you guys have a lot of info. I do have another question....what is the deal with the height of the hookah stem and hookahs overall? I see hookahs from 8 inches up to 48 inches...how important is the height....obviously an 8 inch hookah is probably garbage...shed some light on this please.

As far as the smoke I like...my friend has a cheap little chinese hookah that we used to smoke some Al Amir raspberry on, which I liked. He let me hold his hookah for a little while until I find one of my own and I went to hookahhookah and bought some of the EVOLUTION Tea shisha...for herbal its pretty decent.

Another problem is my girlfriend (who knows even less about a hookah) wants to buy me a hookah for valentine's day...and she wants to buy one from cafe sheesha in Tallahassee, fl. I am pretty sure their hookahs aren't name brand...so I am trying to show her some hookajohn and hookhookah merchandise, haha.

Thanks again guys...it is really nice to be able to get helpful info...as opposed to bad mouthing the newb like other sites do.
Old February 4th, 2010, 04:32 PM
bigbodybussey
Hookah Newbie

Location: Backwoods, rural, please move your tractor out of the damn road, Georgia.

oh, I did read the height section on the newbie guide for the site, but I didnt know if height altered smokability.
Old February 4th, 2010, 05:43 PM
britjh22
Hookah Nut

The length of the stem can have an effect on how the smoke is. The stem, if made out of metal, acts as a sort of heatsink for the smoke. The coals at the top of the bowl tend to impart heat on the stem, and the cool water in the base chill it down. As the smoke travels down the stem, a longer stem should absorb more of the heat from the smoke, making it less harsh and more dense.
Old February 4th, 2010, 10:04 PM
AtLexus
Hookah Newbie

I live in Atl and there are only a few hookah lounges like 30 mins away from me but i dont like driving to smoke so i ordered my own hookah. for 120$ i got a kilo of different shisha, a larger nammor hose, a heba diffuser, half a box of golden coals, and a free mya saray as a starter hookah from hookah-shisha.com... you should definately check that out.... i also ordered a vortex bowl from saharasmoke.com for like 15$ and it came in like 2 days
Old February 6th, 2010, 12:48 AM
bigbodybussey
Hookah Newbie

Hey guys, for a lack of a better term, I am as giddy as a schoolgirl...my girlfriend left an envelope for me on my desk today when she left...so I opened it...It was the invoice for the hookah she bought me from **********.

She surprised the hell out of me with this choice...

http://**********.com/KM-World-Cup-T...Green-2083.htm

What do you guys think? I am so damn excited...

By the way, I was reading more posts and what is the deal with purging? I read this, "Purge -The ability to blow smoke out of the purge valve. This is done when maintaining your heat to clear harsh smoke. Many hookahs purge poorly because of their chamber design." - What is the purpose exactly and when should it be done?
Old February 6th, 2010, 08:12 AM
BigE
Hookah Guru

Send a message via Skype™ to BigE

She's a keeper, She has good taste.
I was going to say get a Mya QT for around $50 and spend the rest on tobacco and coals and or accessories, but the world cup is no doubt a beauty. And I bet she'll like Starbuzz Bluemist.Valentines day is coming.
As for purging. When you find your smoke getting harsh,purge, remove one coal, continue smoking. when you find your smoke getting weak, place the other coal back on,rotate the coals with or without windcover.

Last edited by BigE; February 6th, 2010 at 08:28 AM.
Old February 6th, 2010, 10:10 AM
bigbodybussey
Hookah Newbie

Ok, the purge thing makes sense then. So you screw off the valve and blow in through your hose? or, do you just open the valve? Sorry, If I sound retarded, but purging is one thing I have not really heard about until recently.

As for my girlfriend, I can't believe that is my valentines day present...I was expecting maybe some boxers and a box of chocolates, haha.

I know for a fact that she likes bluemist....the hookahbar that we go to about 4 times a year has it on the menu and it is usually the first bowl we get. Although, after watching some review vids, blueberry pancakes sounds like a winner too.

But the reality of the matter is that I know need to step my game up something serious to give her a gift that comes close to this hookah...
Old February 6th, 2010, 11:34 AM
BuzzHookah
Hookah Pro

The purge is a valve you rarely have to touch, aside from cleaning it. Its a opening into the vase that is blocked by a ball bearing, when you inhale the ball stays still clogging the hole and keeping it pressurized so you can get smoke, when you blow in thru the hose the ball bearing is blown out of place and the harsh smoke releases through the valve
Old February 6th, 2010, 11:35 AM
BuzzHookah
Hookah Pro

Also for a gift idea, its rhymes with shmifany!
Old February 6th, 2010, 06:42 PM
bigbodybussey
Hookah Newbie

Haha, thanks for the idea.
Old February 20th, 2010, 02:24 AM
HOOKAH JOK3R
Hookah Nut

Go with John, get a KM!
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook