Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Fedex

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old February 4th, 2010, 07:46 PM
-jordan-

Angry Fedex

Okay, so Sahara Smoke uses Fedex and every experience I've had with them.... Frustrates me. My package was supposed to get here yesterday... Arrival date got pushed pack another day... Was supposed to come today... AND THEY PUSHED IT BACK AGAIN!!! It's not even in my city!! It's supposed to come tomorrow, and I'm not going to be home for 3 days, so now it's going to be sitting on my apt porch all weekend.. And it's one hundred dollars worth of shisha.. Not something I want sitting for all to see on my porch, for some of my sleazy neighbors to steal.. I purchase it at a time that works for my schedule, and Fedex ruins it.. I'm through with Fedex.
Old February 4th, 2010, 07:48 PM
britjh22
Hookah Nut

Default Re: Fedex

Fedex failed for my gf this week, they couldn't find our house, and claimed our street didn't exist. Idiots.
Old February 4th, 2010, 07:50 PM
B4TheRush
Hookah Nut

haha my hookah from ********** is coming fedex and all my stuff! im so excited it was shipped tuesday supposed to get here today and didnt so hopefully tomorrow but we have a huge snowstorm! maby they can get it here before the snow if not i wont get it till like monday or tuesday trapped with no hookah!
Old February 4th, 2010, 07:53 PM
Shushyne4np2ne
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to Shushyne4np2ne Send a message via Yahoo to Shushyne4np2ne

UPS did that to me. It was only the 30,000th time they've been to my house. I stare out the window, only to see a UPS driver sitting in my driveway. he looks at my door, turns his truck around and heads out. I run out to flag his stupid ass down and he stops, looks at me, and kept going. I went to UPS, furious as all hell and ended up seeing the driver that did it. I let that SOB have it. They have never done anything like that to me since.

Old February 4th, 2010, 07:56 PM
Hookah_Native
Hookah Nut

All have a lot of problems with fed ex when i order from SS... but when its from john there are not problems at all. lol but i hate fedex
Old February 4th, 2010, 07:59 PM
Hookah Lungs
Hookah Nut

Sorry to hear about these unfortunate shipping errors.. I've never once had problems with either Fedex or UPS, even when it's snowing hard, as it does a lot here in CO.
Old February 4th, 2010, 07:59 PM
-jordan-

Yeah, I'm pissed right now.. Every Frekin time I order from SS!! And this time around I gave them an EXTRA two days before I would be gone!! And they couldn't even make it by that time!! Got to be kidding..
Old February 4th, 2010, 08:13 PM
manjaco
Hookah Aficionado

Yeah dude i'd be frustrated too, i try to never leave stuff sitting outside of the hose to long. Just one of my pet peeves i guess.
Old February 4th, 2010, 08:20 PM
-jordan-

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjaco View Post
Yeah dude i'd be frustrated too, i try to never leave stuff sitting outside of the hose to long. Just one of my pet peeves i guess.
Yeah, and I'm scared it's going to get stolen or wet or something... And it's sort of a big order.. ugh.. I'll have to leave them a note to keep the package or something? I don't know what to do.. Maybe tell them to leave it at the apt office.
Old February 4th, 2010, 08:39 PM
manjaco
Hookah Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by -jordan- View Post
Yeah, and I'm scared it's going to get stolen or wet or something... And it's sort of a big order.. ugh.. I'll have to leave them a note to keep the package or something? I don't know what to do.. Maybe tell them to leave it at the apt office.
I think you can do that. Just give em a call and tell them to either wait to deliver it or you can probably pick it up at one of their facilities next week.
Old February 4th, 2010, 08:44 PM
-jordan-

Yeah.. Don't want my package to get stolen..
Old February 5th, 2010, 02:54 AM
Black_Mamba
Hookah Pro

hmmmmmmmmmmm...

My order from john is supposed to be here tomorrow (today now lol) via fedex...

Hopefully I won't have any of your problems
Old February 5th, 2010, 03:07 AM
MAD_HATTER
Hookah Master

UPS all the way.. they never fuck up like fedex.. they will have little problems but not like fedex.. stupid fedex left my americana in the rain when i ordered from john.. idiots!
Old February 5th, 2010, 03:21 AM
KoRnKitten
Moderator Kitteh

Send a message via AIM to KoRnKitten Send a message via Yahoo to KoRnKitten

SS has other options besides fedex, it's just usually the fastest / cheapest. Now you're finding out why fed ex is cheaper. (Because they have crap employees!)

My fed ex guy is a dirt bag. I've had my SS packages show up, all crumpled up, looking like they have been tossed around. (I know the guy has thrown them onto the porch, I'v seen the skid marks the box has left on the wooden porch and once I HEARD it as it slid across the porch into my door!) That and they don't like to wrap the packages in plastic unless it's raining. Dude, it's florida... IT'S PROBABLY GOING TO FREAKING RAIN at some point during the day. It's not that hard to put the box in the obligatory plastic bag! Charge me .20 more and give me my peace of mind!

GLaDOS: "You euthanised your faithful companion cube more quickly than any test subject on record. Congratulations!"

Last edited by KoRnKitten; February 5th, 2010 at 03:24 AM.
Old February 5th, 2010, 03:21 AM
Khelina
Hookah Nut

Glad I don't have the problems that you guys have.
In Norway the post office bring the package to your door, if your not home they leave a note in your mailbox that your package is ready to be picked up.
And, they handle it with care!

And, I feel sorry for you Jordan, sucks waiting for a package! My Americana should be in Norway today, so - just looking at the site tracking it!

Edit - When I hear the stories from Fedex employees I imagine the scene in Ace Venture: Pet Detective when Ace throws the package around, kicks it, and just drops it in the ground over and over!

Last edited by Khelina; February 5th, 2010 at 03:27 AM.
Old February 5th, 2010, 03:59 AM
Memories
Hookah Nut

I can't remember if its Fedex or UPS.. or both.. but they won't leave anything at the gate at my house. They could easily leave it in front of the gate.. or reach over the gate and set the package down.. but no. So then i run into the issue of having to leave the gate open for them. Which means i have to be VERY actively tracking my package and/or leave the dogs locked up in the house which is a huge pain in the butt.
But a lot of times there are "random" delays.. or they go without updating the tracking notices. It seems like USPS seems to do the best.
Old February 5th, 2010, 07:25 AM
Gadfly
Hookah Pro

I know fedex's main headquarters in Memphis got slammed with the snow we had plus on their website they had a disclaimer saying that they were getting a lot of packages heading to haiti, and your delivery date might not be accurate to the back up. My package from john sat in nashville for 3 days. I finally got it 3 days after the estimated delivery date. But, at least I got it.
Old February 5th, 2010, 10:01 AM
gnuworldorder
Banned

the last 2 time i ordered and used fedex in the winter my tangiers came in frozen bars
Old February 5th, 2010, 11:36 AM
DaSebsch
Hookah Aficionado

Man I ordered a Vortex from SSC on Tuesday. Yesterday, it said it left the Ellenburg(?), GA plan at 8am... but it still hasn't arrived here in Lexington or in KY in general. Where the hell can a package be after traveling for over 24 hours?

I just hope some dude forgot to scan it when it arrived in Lexington and it'll be here today. I'll be pissed if it doesn't.
Old February 5th, 2010, 02:51 PM
KyleTheJustin
Hookah Newbie

I love FedEx. UPS never leaves my shit outside of my apartment where literally no one but myself lives. I can see how that would be annoying though I hate the UPS notes on my doors; it's like a Dear John letter when I get back from class.
Old February 5th, 2010, 05:49 PM
HOOKAH JOK3R
Hookah Nut

I accually love Fedex never had any issues with them. UPS always an issue with shipping.
Old February 5th, 2010, 06:36 PM
DanyalAkkaya
Hookah Pro

Just call up one of your friends and have them pick it up for you.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook