Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Al Sultan?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old February 8th, 2010, 01:12 PM
yoyoyo
Hookah Newbie

Default Al Sultan?

So, in a local shop yesterday i found a 50gr of Al Sultan cherry. It smelled a lot like Nakhla cherry.

So, i opened the box and the shisha was in a squeezed pile. I "opened" it on foil but it was unbelievable dry. Not even a small hint of wetness. I havent seen another shisha like this. I put it how it was in the bowl and the first big cloud came after 7-8 minutes, but it was awful so i threw it away. Is it how its suppose to be thi Al Sultan brand?

In the box of the shisha, it had some stickers and i think it was in German language. I saw in the forum some posts about nakhla or other shisha brands sold in Germany that they take out nicotine or glycerine, not to sure. Does this have something to do with this?
Old February 16th, 2010, 01:30 PM
skinny
Hookah Newbie

Default Re: Al Sultan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyoyo View Post
Is it how its suppose to be thi Al Sultan brand?
Nope, your pack was probably really old or maybe a fake one. I've just finished reading about Al Sultan on our local forum, and everybody says it's original packing is so good you can't smell anything at all until you open it. The shisha itself has to be fine cut and really wet. Most people say it's much better than Nakhla, although they are the same price here.
Old March 8th, 2010, 11:05 AM
skinny
Hookah Newbie

Well my first order of Al Sultan 'Banana with Milk' arrived. Until opened I couldn't smell anything. Inside the paper box there's a red nylon bag with yellow Al Sultan text (and the same in arabic I think). The shisha itself is wrapped in a sheet of clear foil. It smells fantastic, pretty close to some banana flavoured children's toothpaste like the one my exgf's little sister used. The shisha is really wet and fine cut, touched with the wrapping on it feels like a nice big piece of raw liver Didn't smoke it yet, maybe I'll make a video review next week.
Old March 8th, 2010, 12:06 PM
DaSebsch
Hookah Aficionado

No, it was probably real. Germany has a 5% wetness law so our tobacco is dry as can be. That's also why there's no SB, Fantasia, etc. in Germany.
Old March 8th, 2010, 03:10 PM
Scarcity
Hookah Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSebsch View Post
No, it was probably real. Germany has a 5% wetness law so our tobacco is dry as can be. That's also why there's no SB, Fantasia, etc. in Germany.
That's kind of strange. Your tobacco can only be so wet? Is really wet tobacco outlawed? What if you spilled water on your cigs? Can someone explain why this is?
Old March 8th, 2010, 03:12 PM
sunilimon
Hookah Newbie

It's strange, alsultan is an extradry tobacco, it's great! this is the most close as premium tobacco in spain, I really like it!
Old March 8th, 2010, 03:24 PM
DaSebsch
Hookah Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarcity View Post
That's kind of strange. Your tobacco can only be so wet? Is really wet tobacco outlawed? What if you spilled water on your cigs? Can someone explain why this is?
It has to do with the chemicals in the tobacco. The tobacco can only contain a certain amount of glycerin and other type of liquid chemicals.
It's not outlawed, but it's closely controlled.
It's not that the tobacco is wet, it's how many additives it contains.
Old March 9th, 2010, 06:39 AM
skinny
Hookah Newbie

Yep I've heard of that, although I don't know the exact regulation. There are rumors that glycerin itself is limited to 5% in net weight in Germany, others say you can not add any chemicals. Some ppl here sold shisha after their german trip on an auction site, and the buyers were definitely not happy Maybe Cyprus has the same regulation, or yoyoyo bought a pack originating from germany?
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook