Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

new guy

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old February 8th, 2010, 07:44 PM
cap10 crunch
Hookah Newbie

Default new guy

hey everybody. been looking around the forums and it's awesome. me and my friends just got into hookahs and smoked about 5 times so far and its been great except we keep burning the shisha. we've been smoking some al waha plum and fruit punch and we use quick lights. My friend just ordered a phunnel bowl. Any suggestion on what else to buy?
Old February 8th, 2010, 08:03 PM
XeRoFuN
Hookah Nut

Default Re: new guy

Better shisha. Throw the Al Waha in the garbage.
Old February 8th, 2010, 08:08 PM
Hookah_Native
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeRoFuN View Post
Better shisha. Throw the Al Waha in the garbage.
What he said and i will add better coals.
Old February 8th, 2010, 08:10 PM
Nyxxie
Hookah Nut

If you're looking for cheap shisha that has great flavor, may not last very long, and has good clouds, go with Hookah Freak or Hookah Hookah.

If you're looking for a more "premium" shisha with great flavor, longevity, great clouds but a bit more expensive, go with Starbuzz!

I personally love Quick Lights and once they are red hot and covered by a layer of ash, they are perfectly fine. Try three kings or ******* Hookah Quick Lights.
Old February 8th, 2010, 08:21 PM
cap10 crunch
Hookah Newbie

we usually light the quick lights and after they're done sparking, wait until theyre red and then put them on. Should we wait until they're ashed all over? and could i get ******* hookah quick lights at any shop or should i buy them from a place like hookah john?
Old February 8th, 2010, 08:32 PM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

Send a message via Yahoo to abu ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap10 crunch View Post
we usually light the quick lights and after they're done sparking, wait until theyre red and then put them on. Should we wait until they're ashed all over? and could i get ******* hookah quick lights at any shop or should i buy them from a place like hookah john?
I'm pretty sure Hookah John sells the ******* Hookah coals.
Old February 8th, 2010, 08:51 PM
opticalshadow
Banned

eewwww HF n HH are garbage, ill smoke AW over them any day.

try one less coal, more holes and a second layer of foil. also pack it a little lower, should help you out a bit on the burning.
Old February 8th, 2010, 08:54 PM
ebaygirl
Hookah Pro

Welcome to the forum some Al waha flavors are good, I like double apple, orange cream, California dreaming. I know a lot of people hate it, but there are so many other brands out there you just have to try them and go with what people recommend. I like a flavor called citrus twist and I can't remember who makes it, it comes in a black can.
Old February 8th, 2010, 11:01 PM
cap10 crunch
Hookah Newbie

Al waha's plum flavor is amazing but its not very strong. I dont know if that's our noob techniques or it's just al waha. And our local shop doesn't have very many brands of shisha or flavors so where else can I buy without having this huge tobacco tax?
Old February 9th, 2010, 12:12 AM
saechao_07
Hookah Newbie

Try moving the coal around the bowl rotate it ever 15 or 10 mins and pull it away from the middle, Best way to recover is take off the coal and blow on top of the foil down into the bowl till the smoke clears.
Old February 9th, 2010, 07:47 AM
Dreamer1917
Hookah Nut

Starbuzz being a little more expensive is an understatement. I believe it holds the title for highest price per gram. Go with AF for cheapness and all the other good stuff. Hmmmmm. and ******* hookah coals are the best bet with coals all-around.
Old February 9th, 2010, 05:31 PM
Bogalu
Banned

My vote is go natural coals. Now I've had almost all the coals out there and my personal favorite is Natural(non quicklight) Belgian coals. A box is pretty cheap and will last you 2-3 months easy with as little as you smoke and you can pick it up on plenty of sites. Heres the actual coals websites with a list of vendors it sells to. http://www.belgiancharcoalusa.com/pa...tributors.html
Get the 40mm Naturals. I havent tried the quick lights yet but if they are anything as good as the regulars then they should be amazing. Depending on which vendor you buy from they could be as cheap as $18-22 bucks for a box. A box has 10 rolls of 10 coals so you get 100 coals. Each one will last an hour and a half.

For tobacco I recommend starbuzz for noobs. Its easy to smoke and has great flavor. You get what you pay for. Although if you want to try your luck and see if you can smoke my personal favorite and the strongest shisha that I believe IMO then get Tangiers. It will be extremely strong. I recommend mixing it at 1/5th the bowl tangiers and 4/5th be starbuzz. Then slowly go up from there till your smoking straight tangiers. Best of luck!
Old February 9th, 2010, 07:03 PM
B4TheRush
Hookah Nut

Well, im going to lay it out for you, basically use 1 layer of HD foil or 2 of regular make sure its on really tight. You wanna pack the tobacco light and fluffy so airflow can get through it but with a funnel you can pack it a little more dense. leave about 1/8 inch of room between tobacco and aluminum so it wont burn to it and stick. Depending on you bowl size start out with 3 coals drop it to 2 after it gets goin (10 min) then back to 3 when its been longer or 2 drop to 1 then back to 2. Rotate coals every 10-15 min just to evne out heat and make sure u use all the tobacco. Thats pretty much it you should have a great smoke everytime welcome to HP goodluck! try some SB or AF
Old February 9th, 2010, 08:02 PM
flutterbi
Hookah Nut

Welcom to HP personally i like Al Waha I love nakala and AF and one that is really good that not to many people mention is Salloum, the watermelon, peach, and apple are great and the apple hardly tastes like anise at all which is supprising cause most apples taste like anise. Also Tangiers has lots of really good flavors but is kind of touchy, and starbuzz coad 69 is amazing don't know much more than that hope it helps. Peace Oh one more thing give natral coals a try personally i love cocanoras and ******* hookah naturals AF are pretty good and they burn alot cleaner and longer and do not produce as much CO2 so thats my two cents have fun and be adventuse and openminded and if you have very little choice go for ordering from hookah John he is awsome so enjoy.

Last edited by flutterbi; February 9th, 2010 at 08:17 PM.
Old February 9th, 2010, 09:28 PM
cap10 crunch
Hookah Newbie

yeah i just ordered some al fakher two apple, peach, and grape and mint. i also ordered ******* hookah quick lights. We got a small phunnel bowl so i'd start with 2 coals and then take one off but with only one can i put it in the middle or what? i've also heard of breaking them in half and using halves but where do i put them when there's only one?
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook