Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Shisha Suggestions for a noob

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old February 9th, 2010, 05:44 PM
21234rick
Hookah Newbie

Default Shisha Suggestions for a noob

Hey guys, this is my first post but I have been lurking for a while. i just ordered my first hookah (MZ Gemini 2) and it is coming with 3 - 50g Laylina flavors. i would like to place an order for some other shishas but am not sure what to buy. Does anyone have a favorite shisha (brand & flavor) that they would suggest i try?
Thanks
Old February 9th, 2010, 05:46 PM
manjaco
Hookah Aficionado

Default Re: Shisha Suggestions for a noob

Welcome to HP and one of my new favorites is Starbuzz Safari Melon Dew
Old February 9th, 2010, 05:47 PM
TerryAki
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to TerryAki

This is a personal preference but im sure alot of people agree. Get mint and mix it to w/e flavor you get. It gives it a cool refreshing taste with your flavors. Its kind of like tasting fruity minty gum.

Also purple haze is definitely one of my favorites
Old February 9th, 2010, 05:47 PM
BTBAMordecai
Hookah Pro

Starbuzz bluemist, hookah hookah peach, rootbeer. Layalina Passion Fruit. Al waha cali dream
Old February 9th, 2010, 06:41 PM
Scarcity
Hookah Aficionado

Nakhla Peach, sweet melon, um most SB is good for beginning, al fakher mint, AF cafe latte, tangiers lucid orange soda, tangs lucid cocoa. If you like tobacco flavors you could roll with nakhla zaghloul(sp?) light, al fazal paan.
I suggest doing samplers of one brand at a time (ie nahkla) doing 5 or 6 50g flavors that are not similar (ie mint and chocolate mint) and just base the choices off reviews and what sounds interesting. Once you get through most/all of those you just move on to the next brand. That's what I did, and have been doing, and it has been broadening my likes and gearing me towards what I'm really interested in, in terms of flavors.
Most importantly relax and have fun.
Old February 9th, 2010, 06:46 PM
Guido
Hookah Nut

Nakhla Mizo Watermelon or Mizo Peach. The Mizo line is a little wetter, which I like.
Old February 9th, 2010, 06:50 PM
Scarcity
Hookah Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Nakhla Mizo Watermelon or Mizo Peach. The Mizo line is a little wetter, which I like.
I'm going to go ahead and shoot down that mizo watermelon suggestion. It will ghost your hose so bad. No metaphors for how bad even. I had to wash mine twice, then gave in and let it soak over night (vinegar-water solution). Even then it was there, just barely, It smoked out after that but still, that's crazy.
Peach on the other hand, never had mizo peach, but regular line peach is one of my favorites so far
Old February 9th, 2010, 06:51 PM
B4TheRush
Hookah Nut

Yea nakhla mizo line is good or like manjaco said SB safari melon dew is very yummy but i would have to recommend Romman choco-mint and Starbuzz pumpkin pie tastes like pumpkin pie with some sort of ginger cookie its very nice.
Old February 9th, 2010, 06:59 PM
davidbondok
Hookah Nut

Nakhla mizo peach, nakhla double apple, nakhal mizo guava, tangiers lucid orange soda, tangiers lucid horchata, tangiers noir kashmir cherry, jms coconut, jms blue rain, al fakher mint, al fakher cafe latte are just a few of my favorites
Old February 9th, 2010, 07:01 PM
BobMarley
Hookah Guru

First I'll recommend getting the right coals and also I suggest getting some extra hoses. Al Fakher Healthy Hoses are about 3 dollars each (!) and are so easy to get any taste out, it puts other washable hoses to shame.

As for tobacco I'm not entirely sure what to recommend, it depends on what kinds of stuff you've smoked out of a narghile before and also your nicotine tolerance. Give us some info to work with and I'm sure you'll get some great responses, until then we're just shooting in the dark.
Old February 9th, 2010, 07:27 PM
21234rick
Hookah Newbie

Thanks for all of the suggestions. I will have to pick a few of those and place an order. i think I am going to start with starbuzz and nahkla. Also, since I am getting so many responses. I would like to try an herbal (non-tobacco) and from what I have read I think HYDRO is the one to try. Any thoughts?
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook