Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

wtf Tea Shisha?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old April 4th, 2010, 10:22 PM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

Send a message via AIM to photolinger Send a message via MSN to photolinger Send a message via Yahoo to photolinger Send a message via Skype™ to photolinger
Default Re: wtf Tea Shisha?

youre just not going to get a nicotine fix, that being said, the smoke is still bad for you
Old April 4th, 2010, 10:49 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Smoking spent tea leaves or spent sugar cane (asininely called "herbal shisha") may or may not be any less of a health risk then smoking any real moassel but given the mechanism of consumption is the same it seems counter intuitive that it would be less risky. Of course no research indicates that faux herbal is somehow safer then tobacco so i'll assume it's as risky until proven otherwise. Every faux herbal i've tried has been fake tasting with a chemical twang and left a coating of glycerin in my mouth. Tea "shisha" (why they call the stuff you smoke what you smoke with in Egypt is beyond me) seems about as bad as any other herbless herbal and it's not exactly cheap so why bother?
Old April 14th, 2010, 08:41 AM
deidrea8
Hookah Newbie

tea shisha is awesome. No tar from tobacco, a crazy taste that is strong and flavorful. I tried some from http://www.whookahs.com
they have about 15 diff flavors and I just mainly love that there is NOO tar haha cuz I know that tobacco has less than cigs but this is just sooo much better!
Old April 14th, 2010, 08:47 AM
Hookah_Native
Hookah Nut

I have been wanting to try this but just havent had the time or money to order it.... but thank goodness for my birthday coming up!
Old April 14th, 2010, 09:01 AM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by deidrea8 View Post
tea shisha is awesome. No tar from tobacco, a crazy taste that is strong and flavorful. I tried some from http://www.whookahs.com
they have about 15 diff flavors and I just mainly love that there is NOO tar haha cuz I know that tobacco has less than cigs but this is just sooo much better!
Any plant matter that is combusted will produce tar. While hookah is not supposed to involve actual combustion the nature of the process can still produce tar from burn plant matter at the top of the bowl. Bottom line. There is most likely just as much potential for tar in the tea based smoking mixture as there is in tobacco.
Old April 14th, 2010, 09:28 AM
tmv8888
Hookah Pro

I can't stress it enough. The two flavors you must buy from the evolution line are strawberry and guava... then make a 50-50 blend of it and enjoy. its absolutely breath taking. Mango and melon are good too. Don't try the peach though. it taste like dishsoap.
Old April 14th, 2010, 09:34 AM
ziggypopula123
Hookah Newbie

tried this stuff and its gooood.. smoked out of a small phunnel bowl, with 4 cocobricos. and a khalil mamoon kafae.. Pretty good stuff..
Old April 14th, 2010, 11:19 AM
bhargavz
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to bhargavz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggypopula123 View Post
saw your review on the evolution line and thought I might as well try it. Never tried any sort of herbal shisha... so should be good. but I was slightly apprehensive to try herbal shisha I mean I haven't heard good things about Soex or Afzal...
Afzal aint a herbal shisha.....infact it's an unwashed one....delivers quite a buzz
Old April 14th, 2010, 01:21 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

I think a few things should be repeated here:

1) Shisha is what Egyptians call the thing you smoke moassel out of rathen then something that you put in a bowl.
2) Almost all moassel you can buy in the states or Europa has nearly no nicotine and very little tar compared to pipe tobacco, cigars or cigarettes
3) Only a trivial portion of what nicotine and tar does exist in moassel is going to be absored into the smoker because the moassel is not burned
4) Nicotine in and of its self is not a carcinogen and is not dangerous when when consumed in the qualntities that exist in the sort of tobacco that almost everyone smokes
5) What makes nicotine problematic is that it habit forming although that aspect of the chemical has been wildly exagerated
6) Anything that absorbs liquids and is itself able to have it's own natural taste over powered or acentuated by something else can make asuitable base for a mod style neo-moassel.
7) If one soaks/boils/steams a tea, tobacco or sugar cane enough and adds some sort of flavouring compound and glycerin you'll get a neo-moassel.
8) There is no evidence that smoking the mislabled herbals are somehow safer then smoking the real thing.

As a side note I hate the film that the faux-herbals leave in my mouth. I also find the tastes simple, overly sweet and not realistic. If you have any interest in how tobaccos taste or want a more natural flavour or texture faux-herbals have nothing to offfer. Lastly I don't care about buzz and smoking style actively avoids it.
Old April 14th, 2010, 02:52 PM
andrewnnix
Hookah Pro

i don't like it at all. my wife went to a tobacco shop and all they had was this stuff, and she didn't realize it wasn't tobacco. so she bought watermelon and pineapple. this stuff smells like chemicals and tastes good for like 5 min, but after that is just herbal and has a nasty after taste. just buy the real tobacco. dont waist your time on teasha its gross!
Old April 19th, 2010, 05:28 PM
cdplayersony
Hookah Nut

Location: Evanston, IL during the school year. Pullman, WA during not during the school year.

I just ordered a thing of 10x 50mg. I tried out the peach and guava. The flavor was really good...for about 20 min. It just wasn't the same for me though. It was like I had to have even that starbuzz level nicotine to be satisfying.
Old April 20th, 2010, 04:39 PM
kaz188
Hookah Nut

never tried tea shisha but i actually just got on HP to post something. Someone needs to make a shisha version of Lipton green, orange, and passion fruit tea. it was delish and smelled even better (have a sore throat and made me feel alot beter) . it would make a realy nice blend to smoke
Old April 20th, 2010, 05:15 PM
cdplayersony
Hookah Nut

Location: Evanston, IL during the school year. Pullman, WA during not during the school year.

I love that stuff, use to buy it buy the case from costco. maybe if you mix like a citrus blend with some sort of ice tea youd get something similar?
Old April 20th, 2010, 05:26 PM
kaz188
Hookah Nut

is there an ice tea shisha? and mabe like a tangerine and a peach with it...small amount of mint. (really big bowl) lol
Old April 20th, 2010, 11:10 PM
smokey void
Hookah Pro

here's my review of HH evo lemonade http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUY8VBA6J8A
Old April 21st, 2010, 07:28 AM
Dusty62
Hookah Aficionado

I'm with you there, Hajo. I'm really not looking for a "buzz" from smoking my hookah, either. I really just find it to be a great way to relax and slow down from the overly hectic pace of life in this modern world. It's a great way to let go of all the crap and just sink into myself for a bit. But, in respect to others preferences, to each their own. I don't begrudge anyone who does smoke for the "buzz." Smoke happy.

dus'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajo Flettner View Post
I think a few things should be repeated here:

1) Shisha is what Egyptians call the thing you smoke moassel out of rathen then something that you put in a bowl.
2) Almost all moassel you can buy in the states or Europa has nearly no nicotine and very little tar compared to pipe tobacco, cigars or cigarettes
3) Only a trivial portion of what nicotine and tar does exist in moassel is going to be absored into the smoker because the moassel is not burned
4) Nicotine in and of its self is not a carcinogen and is not dangerous when when consumed in the qualntities that exist in the sort of tobacco that almost everyone smokes
5) What makes nicotine problematic is that it habit forming although that aspect of the chemical has been wildly exagerated
6) Anything that absorbs liquids and is itself able to have it's own natural taste over powered or acentuated by something else can make asuitable base for a mod style neo-moassel.
7) If one soaks/boils/steams a tea, tobacco or sugar cane enough and adds some sort of flavouring compound and glycerin you'll get a neo-moassel.
8) There is no evidence that smoking the mislabled herbals are somehow safer then smoking the real thing.

As a side note I hate the film that the faux-herbals leave in my mouth. I also find the tastes simple, overly sweet and not realistic. If you have any interest in how tobaccos taste or want a more natural flavour or texture faux-herbals have nothing to offfer. Lastly I don't care about buzz and smoking style actively avoids it.
Old April 21st, 2010, 02:10 PM
cdplayersony
Hookah Nut

Although I dont often look for a buzz as well... evolution is not the way to go, for pretty much the same price you can get better smoke quality (longer lasting flavor/better smoke volume)
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook