Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Storing Starbuzz?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old February 12th, 2010, 07:37 PM
-jordan-

Default Re: Storing Starbuzz?

The cans are not air tight, and I've moved mine from ziplocs back to cans.. And the cans work absolutely fine. No worries. Little loss of juice is ok. Just keep smoking it.
Old February 12th, 2010, 08:21 PM
Bogalu
Banned

OMG nobody uses the tins?!?! I ONLY use the tins. In fact as soon as I use all the starbuzz tobacco in the tin I wash it out and store the next tobacco I buy in the tins such as tangiers. The tins may not be air tight but I'll tell you that I have tobacco over a year and a half old thats still perfectly juicy in that tin. So air tight or not its gonna last you a LONG time. Also if you don't clean the rim of the tin for a while and you use a oyser fork like me to pick out tobacco then you tend to scrap the fork against the rim to get the excess tobacco that you don't need off the fork and what happens is the rim gets gummed up and becomes soo airtight that I've actually had to get a knife and cut open the tin because it was so stuck together.

And as for rust, I've reused the same tins for over 3 years and have absolutely no rust.

Its up to you but for as much money as you paid for starbuzz I'd be damned if I wasn't gonna use that pretty colorful perfectly sized tin to store my tobacco.

Best of luck.
Old February 12th, 2010, 08:27 PM
gnuworldorder
Banned

put them in this

i currently have 9 of them with tangeirs in it for about 5 months and its totally fine. i even used the walmart brand for some
Old February 13th, 2010, 01:04 AM
alanpeterson68
Hookah Aficionado

I found these glass jars and it looked like a really great idea!

" Nothing beats this jar when it comes to storing your shisha! Made from durable glass, these jars can withstand extreme temperature ranges (ideal or storing shisha in your fridge!) These 3 hookah tobacco jars holds roughly 150g of shisha tobacco each. "

http://www.hookah-shisha.com/p-1781-...rage-jars.html
Old February 13th, 2010, 08:45 AM
BigE
Hookah Guru

Send a message via Skype™ to BigE

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanpeterson68 View Post
I found these glass jars and it looked like a really great idea!

" Nothing beats this jar when it comes to storing your shisha! Made from durable glass, these jars can withstand extreme temperature ranges (ideal or storing shisha in your fridge!) These 3 hookah tobacco jars holds roughly 150g of shisha tobacco each. "

http://www.hookah-shisha.com/p-1781-...rage-jars.html
Someone has lots of money. those jars are are alright,and so is the zip loc containers. I just find the jars a little pricey for three and the zip loc containers are too bulky.
Goto the kitchen section at Walmartand ask someone there for canning jars used for homemade pickles. Mason jars or equivalent. With these jars you don't have to worry about juices leaking out, you can see the juices settle on the bottom of the jar,so all you need to do is stir with a fork. The jars also seal airtight. Another nice thing about them is,comparing them to the one Hookha-Shisha sells, they are about 1/3 the cost approx; varying in different sizes,they usually come in boxes of twelve, With 250 grams of tobacco, I use the 1/2 quart size.
Old February 13th, 2010, 12:45 PM
twinturboa51
Hookah Newbie

i dont think the tins rust much but they do react with the shisha. i used to take it out of the bag and put it straight into the tin, but now i use the generic brand twist and locks. the metal will react negatively with the shisha and it will cause the backy to turn black and it gets mettalic tasting.
Old February 13th, 2010, 01:04 PM
caveman
Hookah Nut

Send a message via Yahoo to caveman

I always just put mine in a tupperware type container, Don't really wont to take a chance on loseing any shisha due to rust or drying out.
Old February 13th, 2010, 03:55 PM
Green_Hookah
Hookah Nut

i put a can of blue mist right in the tin and had it there for a few months. It caused the tin to rust after about six weeks. now i store it in a bag and im sure it will stay much fresher. Shouldn't have made that mistake
Old February 13th, 2010, 04:00 PM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

Send a message via Yahoo to abu ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green_Hookah View Post
i put a can of blue mist right in the tin and had it there for a few months. It caused the tin to rust after about six weeks. now i store it in a bag and im sure it will stay much fresher. Shouldn't have made that mistake
Yup! the cans will in fact rust after a spell. Tuperware is the way to go or an airtight jar of some sorts. Keep in mind, some plasticware will ghost. I found this out the hardway after arriving to work one day to find my soup tasted like DA!
Old February 13th, 2010, 04:10 PM
foibled
Hookah Pro

I personally recommend Rubbermaid Take Alongs for cheap tobacco storage. The 2.9 cup squares are perfect for 250g with enough room for stirring/mixing. A 10-pack can be bought at Walmart for $3-4.

I don't recommend Ziploc bags because low density polyethylene absorbs liquids over time. Ziploc doesn't recommend it either.
Old February 13th, 2010, 07:23 PM
jakejacobson
Vendor

FYI, Starbuzz cans fit perfectly in a ziplock twist n lock.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook