Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

sneaking smoking hookah.

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old February 12th, 2010, 02:13 AM
TerryAki
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to TerryAki
Default sneaking smoking hookah.

I live with my parents who are fairly strict about smoking indoors. outdoors not so much since it wont stink up the place.

My problem is, its winter. My room is in the basement, and I was wondering, if i smoked indoors will the smell of the smoke travel through the vents to the upstairs?

I'm not too concerned about the smell affecting my room since i know hookah smell doesnt linger on as bad as cigarettes do. But im just concerned about my parents being able to smell my sessions upstairs.
Old February 12th, 2010, 02:26 AM
Rob416
Hookah Guru

Send a message via AIM to Rob416
Default Re: sneaking smoking hookah.

idk, if it does it wont smell that bad, press your luck. see how they react.
Old February 12th, 2010, 02:33 AM
LetItFly
Hookah Newbie

i smoke in my room even when its summer just turn on fan and spray febreeze a few time if anything that smells its the coal
Old February 12th, 2010, 02:33 AM
rwdftw
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to rwdftw

smoke with a fan on.
Old February 12th, 2010, 02:35 AM
andally
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via Skype™ to andally

My parents are the same way. I smoke in the basement. Idk how many floors your house is... but when I smoke in the basement you can sometimes smell it on the floor above the basement.... but not usually the floor above that. Idk if that helps. And if you keep the doors close sometimes you can barely smell it on the floor above. I usually just do it when they are asleep and the smell is gone when they get up in the morning. Good luck.
Old February 12th, 2010, 02:37 AM
LetItFly
Hookah Newbie

wow u can smell the smoke on the floor above you the smell never leaves my room i only use febreeze to keep things fresh lol
Old February 12th, 2010, 02:40 AM
manjaco
Hookah Aficionado

The only time i have a problem with smell is when i light the coals but besides that...nothin
Old February 12th, 2010, 02:45 AM
LetItFly
Hookah Newbie

true and the coals smell bad too i good fix is to go outside and light em or light in bathroom and open window and turn on vent
Old February 12th, 2010, 07:16 AM
himenow
Hookah Nut

Send a message via ICQ to himenow Send a message via AIM to himenow Send a message via MSN to himenow Send a message via Skype™ to himenow

My parents are against me smoking indoors as well, but when I do smoke indoors they almost never notice, only when they walk in and see me xD
And my room is on the same floor as their room/the living room.
Old February 12th, 2010, 09:07 AM
hookahslisk
Hookah Nut

Is it worth dealing with the grief you will get? If not, just build a fire and/or put on some clothes. Enjoy the winter wonderland and put some snow in the base.
Old February 12th, 2010, 09:25 AM
bigbodybussey
Hookah Newbie

Location: Backwoods, rural, please move your tractor out of the damn road, Georgia.

I got to agree with hookahslisk...hookah is an amazing thing, but will it be worth the crap your parents give you about it? ....or would it just be easier to head outside? Just think, your not going to live at home forever....maybe just postpone the inside sessions.
Old February 12th, 2010, 02:10 PM
TerryAki
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to TerryAki

oh don't get me wrong guys im not going to try to rebel and just flat out start smoking inside against my parents wish. I was just wondering if it were possible. At the moment i am still postponing my indoor sessions till the weather warms up. But i do still smoke hookah indoors at my friends house. The point of the thread was just for me to see if it were possible.
Old February 12th, 2010, 02:33 PM
Rob416
Hookah Guru

Send a message via AIM to Rob416

tis posible =, just gotta be smart about it.
Old February 12th, 2010, 02:41 PM
tapatio10floz
Hookah Nut

That sucks my mom is cool with me smoking inside sometimes she'll even come and take A few hits
Old February 12th, 2010, 02:42 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

I am not a fan of deception. If you live someplace that does not allow smoking for any reason then just respect it. I live in an apartment where smoking is a no go. I have never smoked in my living space. I have been smoking for around three years and it has always been at friend's houses.

If they are just iffy about the smell try to reason with them. If you go behind their backs and lie to them you are just hurting yourself in the long run. They will be less apt the negotiate and will be more convinced that you don't have the self control necessary to deny addictive and detrimental effects.

If you are straight forward and respectful you will get much farther than being deceitful and ending up in the inevitable argument and mess.
Old February 12th, 2010, 03:10 PM
CypherEnigma
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalutika View Post
I am not a fan of deception. If you live someplace that does not allow smoking for any reason then just respect it. I live in an apartment where smoking is a no go. I have never smoked in my living space. I have been smoking for around three years and it has always been at friend's houses.

If they are just iffy about the smell try to reason with them. If you go behind their backs and lie to them you are just hurting yourself in the long run. They will be less apt the negotiate and will be more convinced that you don't have the self control necessary to deny addictive and detrimental effects.

If you are straight forward and respectful you will get much farther than being deceitful and ending up in the inevitable argument and mess.
I am along the same lines here. I smoke outside when I can find a window in the seasons but I have simply put smoking on hold because my parents were kind enough to offer me a room and put food on the table. I just prefer not to rock the boat because to be honest I have a good situation here and don't want to loose this over something like trying to go behind their backs. Yes it is possible but just be aware of the risks.

36" Al Falkher Solid - 36" KM Copper Heart Two Hose - 22" Temsah Mini-Wheat(a.k.a. Golden Nugget)
Old February 12th, 2010, 03:11 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CypherEnigma View Post
I am along the same lines here. I smoke outside when I can find a window in the seasons but I have simply put smoking on hold because my parents were kind enough to offer me a room and put food on the table. I just prefer not to rock the boat because to be honest I have a good situation here and don't want to loose this over something like trying to go behind their backs. Yes it is possible but just be aware of the risks.
+1 to you.
Old February 12th, 2010, 03:32 PM
aschles
Hookah Newbie

My parents feel the same way about indoor smoking when I'm at home (next year at school I'm finally moving out of dorms and can smoke indoors whenever I want). But a good trick is to take a fan and put a dryer sheet on the back (so that it gets "sucked" by the fan's intake) and the room will smell like pure downy freshness in <1 minute.
Old February 12th, 2010, 06:04 PM
erok623
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalutika View Post

AMEN kalutika!!! its true respect the owners and the house. but if you do i would light up some incense or a candle which wouldnt make the smell to bad, i do smoke in my room also and i dont have a problem leaking out to other parts of the house, then again i open up the window when i do. but since there is soo much smoke that comes out you really cant say if it will or will not go through the vents and into the other rooms. so i would just disguise the smell instead of trying to hide it. febreez, candles, or incense.

26"KM Kafae / 28"MZ Oracle / 17"Egyptian / 10"Blueberry Hookah / MYA Bambino
Old February 12th, 2010, 07:27 PM
-jordan-

Coal smell is more potent than the shisha smell, less you let it burn... I'd say isolate your room, block the vents.. And run a fan and spray some air spray, like febreeze or pledge or whatever.. Or wear a jacket and smoke outside.
Old February 12th, 2010, 10:17 PM
jDizzy
Hookah Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to jDizzy

Yeah, man. Just smoke outside.
Old February 12th, 2010, 10:22 PM
Einherjer
Hookah Nut

I smoke in my apartment on the days I'm off from work, and its not that big. The only smell that gets trapped in is some Cinnamon on the couch, other than that any one i have over can't tell, or thinks its a candle.
Old February 12th, 2010, 10:33 PM
Nyxxie
Hookah Nut

I smoke in my basement with my parents upstairs. Since the scent of the shisha isn't at all like cigarettes, I think you can pull off with just telling them it's incense. Be careful with the coals, though, that will give you away in an instant. Light them in a well ventilated area, and bring them to your hookah when they are completely red hot.
Old February 13th, 2010, 11:02 AM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

its your parents house, their roof their rules, respect their wishes. its better to ask them and try and work out a deal than to just go around their back. is it worth it to get kicked out? or to not be able to smoke any where inside or out side.

find a friend's place, smoke outside, or deal with it. my parents dont want smoking inside so i dont smoke inside when i am back home, simple.

-matt
Old February 13th, 2010, 01:07 PM
kurlz
Hookah Nut

Have you smoked in the house before? Have they ever smelled the smoke? I think the thing that they would smell most would be the coals starting up. If they haven't smelt it in the house, I would just try and ask them I could do it once, just to let them see what it's like. It doesn't have any tar, which I think is what stains the walls? But just try and reach an agreement on it. Don't push it too far if they aren't budging though.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook