Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Having off Days...

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old February 14th, 2010, 01:17 AM
jakejacobson
Vendor

Default Having off Days...

Anyone else every have "off days" in regards to their hookah sessions? I'm just coming out of being sick with upper respiratory infection for the last week and couldn't wait but to get back to my nightly hookah routine. Almost eveyr bowl has been an epic fail this week. Can't get my AF to smoke right, hell even Fumari and Starbuzz have been pissing me off. Am I crazy?
Old February 14th, 2010, 01:33 AM
wildmancherry1
Hookah Nut

Send a message via MSN to wildmancherry1
Default Re: Having off Days...

thats sucks man, well i can relate, but im a newb so... been burning my junk or not gettin it hot enough lately.hope it gets betta.
Old February 14th, 2010, 05:56 AM
MAD_HATTER
Hookah Master

try and pack your bowl and do everything slow and perfect so you can make sure it was done right.. your body might be tired from fighting the infection and not letting you think clearly lol
Old February 14th, 2010, 06:28 AM
BigE
Hookah Guru

Send a message via Skype™ to BigE

I have those days too,sometimes by the week.
There have been sessions where I just want to throw in the towel and say to heck with it.
As for being creatures of habit,we will try and try again.( tobacco tastes to good to give up). Like Madhatter says your body might be tired from fighting the infection and not letting you think clearly and just trying to hard.
Old February 14th, 2010, 12:42 PM
erok623
Hookah Nut

i just came off of my little streak of bad bowls... it started because i decided to go into my stack of 50g packs and i smoked al waha memories and it was terrible, then i smoke al waha apple and was the worst, then i wanted to redeem myself and smoked nahkla sweet melon and it wasn't tasting right and giving me a headache, so i switch too starbuzz sweat melon and it didn't smoke right also...and mind you this was like in a 2 week spand so i was almost ready to just quit hookah-ing for a good. But i bought myself a can of blue mist and it smoked great and now im back into my old routine... sometimes you get those losing streaks, its just you need that one flavor to pick you back up.

26"KM Kafae / 28"MZ Oracle / 17"Egyptian / 10"Blueberry Hookah / MYA Bambino
Old February 14th, 2010, 01:17 PM
-jordan-

Yeah I understand, lol.. I got the swine flu, and after two weeks I was sooo excited to get back to my pipe... And, it was not going as well as I had hoped.. I prob still wasn't thinking clearly still lol
Old February 14th, 2010, 01:50 PM
SonOfGram
Hookah Aficionado

Surprisingly enough I get the best sessions when I'm not paying much attention to how I pack the bowl. Lately I've been overpacking the vortex (above the spire holes, not the crazy 30g-50g overpacks per se) with nak, both regular and mizo, and I've been having the best smokes, there is an increase in buzz factor, but the flavor and clouds are that much better. I can relate to bad streaks of sessions though, but they've mainly been due to shitty tobacco.

How-To Etch a Hookah Base: http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22782
How-To DIY E-Cigarette: http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33454
Old February 14th, 2010, 05:59 PM
jakejacobson
Vendor

Wow, pretty much everyone's personal insight matches that of what I'm going through. Usually I do actually write it off with "bad batches" but it really sucks when ALL your stash doesn't smoke like you want it to. MAD_HATTER had a really good point though, I think I'm physically and emotionally exhausted. Buttload going on at work, still sick, multiple side projects, 7th day of work today, no "jake" time, apparently = Shitty hookahs.. LOL.

Thanks for the lift in spirit, at least I know I'm not the only one now.
Old February 14th, 2010, 06:04 PM
Shushyne4np2ne
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to Shushyne4np2ne Send a message via Yahoo to Shushyne4np2ne

I seem to have similar problems this week. If anyone saw my AF cardamom review, I raved about it. It was amazing for me. then it happened: I smoked a bowl the other day, and my friend is new to hookah (Dirty Hippy John, AKA hookah Slave, AKA my own personal Lurch- You rang?) packed the bowl and IDK what he did to it, but it burned like all hell and I just threw the coals outside, stomped on them in a rage and came back inside and played Mass Effect 2, shooting everything in sight. Hopefully, my valentines day bowl with my sweetie will work out a little better.

Old February 14th, 2010, 06:51 PM
jakejacobson
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shushyne4np2ne View Post
I seem to have similar problems this week. If anyone saw my AF cardamom review, I raved about it. It was amazing for me. then it happened: I smoked a bowl the other day, and my friend is new to hookah (Dirty Hippy John, AKA hookah Slave, AKA my own personal Lurch- You rang?) packed the bowl and IDK what he did to it, but it burned like all hell and I just threw the coals outside, stomped on them in a rage and came back inside and played Mass Effect 2, shooting everything in sight. Hopefully, my valentines day bowl with my sweetie will work out a little better.
I've noticed this about AF these days too. WHAT THE HELL right? Just opened up a new pack of Peach and Coconut and getting MAD throat tingle and it's just burning quicker than it usually does. Stars maybe not inline for the AF gods?

Out of curiosity, how is everyone packing their AF in vortex bowls these days? Fluffy? Tight?
Old February 14th, 2010, 07:00 PM
uk_shisha_king
Hookah Nut

I have off days aswell. In think its because you forget your routine when you havnt smoked in a while but I usually get it back after getting one bowl wrong.
Old February 15th, 2010, 01:00 AM
B4TheRush
Hookah Nut

haha same exact thing just happened to me, got my new KM in and some shisha and the 2 previous sessions and a couple after i was trying new coals and bowl and stuff and everything was just failing all over the place haha but i did get some awesome mods made for my KM to get you regular sized wind cover to fit so ill try and make a vid of that soon!
Old February 15th, 2010, 05:59 AM
bub-ole
Hookah Newbie

i just hit my loosing streak a little bit ago man. my last dozen sessions have been really good but this bowl of pomegranet is kicking my arse. the headache is coming on and throat is burning. i think my coals messed it up. itll get better man, it always does, keep on hookahing untill you get that groove.
Old February 15th, 2010, 07:53 AM
BuzzHookah
Hookah Pro

Its clearly ciclycle, just keep at it and you will strike gold again
Old February 15th, 2010, 09:11 AM
CaptHowdy
Hookah Enthusiast

Hmmm, not something I want to be reading. I am on the back end of being sick, any day now I should be fine. I hope I don't experience this as well.
Favorite Hoses: 2 Large Nammor, Caravan, KM Rainbow, Ba Barkir
Old February 15th, 2010, 09:55 AM
manjaco
Hookah Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptHowdy View Post
Hmmm, not something I want to be reading. I am on the back end of being sick, any day now I should be fine. I hope I don't experience this as well.
Me too Capt, me too!