Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Please Fix Your Signatures!

Hookah Discussion

Closed Thread Share

Old February 16th, 2010, 11:52 PM
KoRnKitten
Moderator Kitteh

Send a message via AIM to KoRnKitten Send a message via Yahoo to KoRnKitten
Default Re: Please Fix Your Signatures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyxxie View Post
I think the restrictions are really way too restrictive. Going from unlimited size to 500x100 is just crazy, in my humble opinion. I think it should have been more lenient to see how it works on, only constricting the dimensions when the initial size restriction posed a problem.
It has always been a rule ''_ it just wasn't strictly enforced until now.

As it was said before, we're sorry that we have to do this, but it's something that needs to be done. We hope that you guys understand and help make this forum a better and smoother running "machine."

I'm sorry that members feel that we are being "big brother" or "stifling your creativity". You can have your siggy still, just make it smaller! I really don't see the big deal

Please keep everything civil guys.

GLaDOS: "You euthanised your faithful companion cube more quickly than any test subject on record. Congratulations!"
Old February 17th, 2010, 12:42 AM
hookahman1988
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to hookahman1988

Quote:
I think the restrictions are really way too restrictive. Going from unlimited size to 500x100 is just crazy, in my humble opinion. I think it should have been more lenient to see how it works on, only constricting the dimensions when the initial size restriction posed a problem.

Yes, Signatures are only for people who "live" on the internet. That's a great observation. I guess I should go outside and see what these things people are talking about called "trees."

I think it's about expressing yourself. I say get rid of them all together.
Its been in the rules since Day 1, just never enforced until it became a problem.
Old February 17th, 2010, 12:47 AM
MirelZ
Hookah Nut

never affected me personally but removing image signatures isn't the way to go, restriction is ok but not removing!

my opinion

But I did have the hookah in the garage and was able to smoke while walking to get the mail
Old February 17th, 2010, 12:48 AM
manjaco
Hookah Aficionado

I think Nyxxies got it guys lol
Old February 17th, 2010, 01:01 AM
KoRnKitten
Moderator Kitteh

Send a message via AIM to KoRnKitten Send a message via Yahoo to KoRnKitten

Sorry I'm one of those types that usually responds before reading the whole thread. But hey, maybe the point will hit home. :/

GLaDOS: "You euthanised your faithful companion cube more quickly than any test subject on record. Congratulations!"
Old February 17th, 2010, 01:09 AM
PeckerWood
Hookah Nut

Thanks for a good laugh. The rules are there for a reason even if we don't like them we still need them we all need to respect the rule and the members here that's what make this community the best out there. Sambooka puts a lot of time and money in to this have some respect. I just want to Thank Sambooka and all Mods for everything they do for this community so we can all have a place to learn and have fun.
Old February 17th, 2010, 01:36 AM
Dakins
Hookah Pro

I, for one, welcome our new signature police overlords.
Old February 17th, 2010, 02:56 AM
chadtizzle
Hookah Guru

Send a message via Skype™ to chadtizzle

i can already see a huge difference in page load times and ease of reading. great idea sambooka!
Old February 17th, 2010, 03:28 AM
Rob416
Hookah Guru

Send a message via AIM to Rob416

page load i never really seen much of an issue, but the whole scrolling thing you mentioned SamB i totally see know. much easier to read the posts and everything. the sig thing was actually a good idea +1
Old February 17th, 2010, 08:00 AM
BuzzHookah
Hookah Pro

The MMA video were making the site run sooooo slow, good call on removal of ridiculous animations, Pics are fine just keep them small. Ide hate to think my need for a MMA video was making everyone else experience shittier
Old February 17th, 2010, 08:32 AM
JediSpam
Hookah Aficionado

sorry sam fixing it now! i had a big animation haha
Old February 17th, 2010, 08:32 AM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MirelZ View Post
never affected me personally but removing image signatures isn't the way to go, restriction is ok but not removing!

my opinion
We have to remove all .. because we have Members with huge banners from years ago. I don't have the time to pick through 10,000+ Members.

So we are removing "all signatures, including me and the MODs" and then the active Members that qualify can post their signatures back up.

We are ALL having signatures removed, and then rebuilding them to the new rules.

Hope that makes more sense? .. and clarifies why? Think of it as spring cleaning.

Cheers!

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old February 17th, 2010, 09:37 AM
CaptHowdy
Hookah Enthusiast

HA! This thread took off after I last looked yesterday. I say unless you are Sambooka or the great BP, who donates more than everyone else, just deal with it. And even they are dealing with the rules.

I like the idea of everyone starting fresh. I know what it is like to have to go through everybody and clean stuff up, I have had to do it on the Network here at work. Not fun at all. Whatever makes life simpler then I am for it.
Favorite Hoses: 2 Large Nammor, Caravan, KM Rainbow, Ba Barkir
Old February 17th, 2010, 01:25 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
Macs can't handle graphics? That's ironic. lol.
its cause said graphics are in either bad formats usually, or when people liek me have 50-150 tabs open at a time
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jride View Post
Thats what im thinking also. You guys must be surfing HP on iPhones or blackberrys or just have dial up internet or something. Do a virus scan yall.
well i run the crap out of my computer along with the fact that my internet here can be pretty bad some times doesnt help either. all the sigs do is waste bandwidth, after you read them once you dont need to read them again

we are pretty lucky that we get avatars and signatures here for free, on jeepforum as a free member you get 5 pms in your box, no avatar, no sigs, cant delete posts, etc etc (see http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/announcement.php?a=5 ) if you pay 30 for a year or 200 for life you get these things but only then.

i dont get why this is such a big deal, if you are not getting your individual expression out, make a thread in off topic and fill it to your hearts content and put the link as your sig

-matt
Old February 17th, 2010, 06:16 PM
Jride
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Jride

Sounds good.

I'll make a new banner soon enough
Old February 17th, 2010, 06:34 PM
PCServe
Hookah Aficionado

Send a message via ICQ to PCServe Send a message via MSN to PCServe Send a message via Skype™ to PCServe

I think its good to resize the signatures. ive seen signature pics with a height of 600px, which is too much!
i will resize my sig now.
Old February 17th, 2010, 11:38 PM
Black_Mamba
Hookah Pro

Well this is the first I saw this thread. I had an animated sig, I guess it's gone now? It doesn't seem like a huge deal to ask for no animated images, and to put a size restriction, but the restriction seems a tad tiny. I would rather have to wait an extra half a second to load a page than to have to go buy some reading glasses to see a sig. Personally I have never had trouble loading a page on here (except the gif page in the general yadayada lol). And I didn't read all of this thread so maybe it was addressed already, but I think a restriction needs to be put on how much text can be in a sig if youre making a size limit on images. Because the biggest sigs I have seen were text sigs.

Just giving my opinions, not complaining.
Closed Thread Share
Share with your friends on facebook