Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Oh well, new coals?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old January 25th, 2008, 07:48 AM
sammniamii
Hookah Guru

Default Oh well, new coals?

I had been hearing about a new type of Cocoshell coal that supposedly coming to the US market, I finally got a URL link to the vendor - https://www.coco-nara.us/default.aspx

They look descent and I have used CocoShell coals before (Smiley brand), although I loved the HEAT, the random shapes turned me away (wasted about 1/3rd of the bag). I still love my Exotica's, but a second brand of coals is always nice to have around the house.

So, I went and ordered a box of the 16-count to see if they are ANY good. It only came out to less than $4, shipped - so that's a nice little surprise (and I did notice that the checkout page was https:// - always a plus).

Anybody else hear about this brand, or by any chance have used said coals before?
Old January 25th, 2008, 08:10 AM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

Default Re: Oh well, new coals?

I saw them advertised too. I thought about trying them, but i'll wait until the reveiws come in. If the coals are a decent size, I might get some for my Egyptian clay bowl. I use Exoticas exclusively now, but having some just the right size for my Egyptian would be cool! 8)
Old January 25th, 2008, 08:12 AM
sammniamii
Hookah Guru

I like the square shape of the coals (also why i love the exoticas) - Smiley's coals had GREAT heat, 1 coal + windcover = perfect session!

They said 3-4 days till they arrive, so of course I'll do both a VID and full review when they come
Old January 25th, 2008, 08:22 AM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

I have heard about them, been researching them a few months now ... I want to wait to see what some well respected members have to say about them first, such as sammniamii ... then I will make my decision on checking them out, for now I have a a lot of coals!

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old January 25th, 2008, 09:31 AM
angemonkwj
Hookah Pro

go sammn!!! way to be the tester!!!!
Old January 25th, 2008, 09:44 AM
sammniamii
Hookah Guru

Just a tip for anybody who wants to order from their site - they appearently DON'T like ATM/Debit cards, as I just checked my email and got a PayPal invoice from them for an "Incorrect Credit Card Number" on my earlier order (which i've gotten before w/ ATM/Debit transactions).

Good news - they accept PayPal!
Old January 25th, 2008, 12:27 PM
wishdrftr
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammniamii
Just a tip for anybody who wants to order from their site - they appearently DON'T like ATM/Debit cards, as I just checked my email and got a PayPal invoice from them for an "Incorrect Credit Card Number" on my earlier order (which i've gotten before w/ ATM/Debit transactions).

Good news - they accept PayPal!
Thats pretty awesome!
Old January 25th, 2008, 01:29 PM
JillyIsJustKidding
Deleted Per User Request

They look pretty cool. But, I think I'm gonna wait for reviews to come before buying :P
Old January 25th, 2008, 02:34 PM
iamscott06
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to iamscott06

Does anyone know if these coals can be put out with water then used again later like Smileys CoCo Coals? That was def one of the sweet things about Smileys. Load a bowl, smoke for like 10-15 minutes then your like .. "ahh i forgot to pick *blank* up!!" .. put the coals out, let dry, use when you get back
Old January 25th, 2008, 02:45 PM
mr weenis
Hookah Nut

oooh, cool. i am interested....looking forward to your review sammn!
Old January 25th, 2008, 02:50 PM
sammniamii
Hookah Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamscott06
Does anyone know if these coals can be put out with water then used again later like Smileys CoCo Coals? That was def one of the sweet things about Smileys. Load a bowl, smoke for like 10-15 minutes then your like .. "ahh i forgot to pick *blank* up!!" .. put the coals out, let dry, use when you get back
Don't know, as the site doesn't say anything about the "re-usability" of the coals. But you can bet your bum that I will try one and see what happens. I thought I would have liked that part about the Smiley coals, but I almost ALWAYS forgot to remove said coal from the water AFTERWARDS. Turned into a brown mushy mess :P

BUT if the coal produces enough heat that I only have to use 1 coal per bowl (or atleast 1 per 50/60mins) my main goal will be ochieved.
Old January 26th, 2008, 08:48 AM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

Quote:
Quote:
Don't know, as the site doesn't say anything about the "re-usability" of the coals. But you can bet your bum that I will try one and see what happens. I thought I would have liked that part about the Smiley coals, but I almost ALWAYS forgot to remove said coal from the water AFTERWARDS. Turned into a brown mushy mess :P

BUT if the coal produces enough heat that I only have to use 1 coal per bowl (or atleast 1 per 50/60mins) my main goal will be ochieved.
"ochieved" Is that a womens phrase? Part Oprah and part achieved, or maybe it's part orgasm and part achieved? LOL Enquiring minds you know
Old January 26th, 2008, 09:24 AM
wishdrftr
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Quote:

Its also pretty good to be able to only order 16! However as far a usability I dont think I would ever re take advantage of that as I'm typically over stocked on coals.
Old January 26th, 2008, 12:07 PM
sammniamii
Hookah Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunkel
Quote:
Quote:

"ochieved" Is that a womens phrase? Part Oprah and part achieved, or maybe it's part orgasm and part achieved? LOL Enquiring minds you know
No, it's called my happy bum couldn't speel to save her life and work won't let me download Foxfire You only wished Dunkel - LOL
Old January 26th, 2008, 02:08 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Yes i have heard all about these coals, and hopefully they live up to their mini-hype. they are very inexpensive and from what people have said, pretty awesome. I can't wait for some reviews, i'm holding back on buying them until then.
Old January 26th, 2008, 08:25 PM
dakingkevin23
Hookah Guru

Send a message via AIM to dakingkevin23

I've heard good things about those coals, I will need to try them out.
Old January 29th, 2008, 12:47 AM
sammniamii
Hookah Guru

Got the coals Monday - did some testing and such not. So far, so good!

They take substaned heat to light (no lighters), ash well and hold shape great. They lasted about 1hr 25min! I was able to get smoke (abet thin toward the very end) & taste till the end. No noticeable taste/smel before or after, or during smoking.

They seem to be very nice coals. Water soaked one for a re-light test tomorrow & will do up a MUCH better video than I did tonight.

2 coals, no windcover had more than enough heat for wonderful clouds! Out smoked bowl (was starting to get burnt taste toward end). No headache either.
Old January 29th, 2008, 01:19 AM
JillyIsJustKidding
Deleted Per User Request

Hmmm I'm very curious about these coals (especially since they are very cheap). But, I don't wanna dish out ne money for more coals cuz I still have a box and a few sticks of great Exoticas left
Old March 5th, 2008, 10:14 AM
Cj Two A
Hookah Nut

I bought new exotica's from Hookah-Shisha.com last saturday, and when I went today to check on the status of my order I saw that they now carry the Coco-Nara coals. More expensive than buying direct from coco-nara link that sammn provided, but having multiple places to buy stuff never hurts.

(just shooting myself now though for buying 3 packs of exotica's and now a new coal that might be better >_<)
Old March 5th, 2008, 11:40 AM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Coco-Nara are the only coals i use as of now. Three of them is just perfect. I prefer these coals over any other coal on the market. BY FAR. And they are relatively cheap as well.
Old March 5th, 2008, 12:01 PM
JillyIsJustKidding
Deleted Per User Request

I'm still thinking about buying Coco-Naras But, they seem like a real ish to light! lol

That's why I wanna stick to my exoticas ^_^ ack but I only have like 4-5 sticks left!
Old March 5th, 2008, 12:03 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

They light in about 8 minutes completely for me. And mind you, that's in 20 degree garage weather. The hot coil stove can barely even turn itself on. Just get the little 16 piece sampler pack.
Old March 5th, 2008, 11:12 PM
dakingkevin23
Hookah Guru

Send a message via AIM to dakingkevin23

I just tried out two that i got from samiamii
they are beastly coals, 45 minutes into the session, and they looked like they were just lit up. They don't ash too much, if i remember correctly
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook