Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu
   

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Social Smoke Tobacco...

Hookah Discussion

Closed Thread Share
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Old February 23rd, 2010, 03:22 AM
lilbrummy87's Avatar
lilbrummy87
Status: Offline
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Carrollton TX
Posts: 307
Default Re: Social Smoke Tobacco...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediSpam View Post
who sells it near carrollton dude? i'm in denton
Dragons Breath in lewisville off of business 121. There any good shops in Denton with good prices? or tobacco for that matter?
  #27  
Old February 23rd, 2010, 09:29 AM
Sambooka's Avatar
Sambooka
Status: Offline
Sambooka Jr.


 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 13,856
Default Re: Social Smoke Tobacco...

Social Smoke will be releasing 87 flavors total. They have a flavor available now called Tiger's Blood which is probably a strawberry / coconut flavor! Interesting ..

I can't wait to get my order in!

Although there is another discount out there, I'll try to shoot them an e-mail and see if we can get an "Official" Hookah Pro discount code instead.
__________________

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
  #28  
Old February 23rd, 2010, 11:26 AM
ChronicHookah
Status: Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: South OC
Posts: 3,291
Default Re: Social Smoke Tobacco...

Most of you guys have the same opinion as me, there is nothing original there, i mean seriously, can you package shisha in something other than the same exact round tins.
"made from scratch in arlington", samb, i don't mean to call you out but i have heard some lies in this industry for the sake of marketing that make me chuckle, almost puke up a bit in my mouth.
i have some "insider" knowledge in this industry. don't quote this as fact as i get fed a ton of lies every day in this industry and unless you see something with your own eyes then don't believe it. social smoke used to be a huge account of SB. I think Texas' biggest. In fact years ago Social Smoke was supposed to be SB's exclusive online retailer however, that couldn't really be controlled by anyone as SB exploded and was available everywhere. Anyways, there was some sort of "falling out", don't know why or what but SB and SS are in some type of disagreement.
Now, enter SS shisha, how convenient. Same look, same feel, but for $1 less, wow, impressive. I wish them luck, really, I do, but they will need it against SB.
Something about SB you guys should know as a company. Forget whether you are a fan of their product or not. They DOMINATE the market compared to any new comer that has made any feeble attempt at copying them. Let's put Nakhla and Al Fakher aside as those are "classics" that have been around for way longer and were the only choices of shish 10 years ago for the most part. SB was selling shisha at double price before anyone could dare to do it. SB came up with all of these "exotic" flavors, great for marketing. SB OWNS California, just go into any smoke shop or any hookah lounge. Not only that, they OWN Michigan and New Jersey, 2 major Middle Eastern hookah smoking communities. Also, they have tried multiple attempts to challenge Starbuzz, not only in CA but on there own ground, like Skyzz or 360 or whatever. Even at half price, in their own state competitors can't come anywhere near SB status. There have been a ton of crap shisha to hit the market too. I don't want to name name since I know many of the players, ok, maybe a few...de ja vu, number 5, cleopatra, the list can go on, I'll throw out a little hint here, as a consumer and as an industry person. If you want to compete you need to bring something better to the table, not just a copy and take off a couple of bucks.
You guys can check the thousands of posts I have made and you will never see me praising starbuzz. In fact, it's not even a big seller for me. In fact, I don't get any benefits from SB. And to prove it even more, if the owner of Starbuzz is reading I don't even like you that much But respect has to be given to innovators not replicators. Social Smoke, good luck to you, you will need it. And as far as it being 100% American made, I will bet anyone of them at SS $1000 that it's not, I will go to Texas and inspect the whole operation and report back, and if I'm a loser I will be out $1000 and apologize to SS.
OK time for some morning coffee.
  #29  
Old February 23rd, 2010, 11:33 AM
CaptHowdy's Avatar
CaptHowdy
Status: Offline
Hookah Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 1,159
Default Re: Social Smoke Tobacco...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ************* View Post
Most of you guys have the same opinion as me, there is nothing original there, i mean seriously, can you package shisha in something other than the same exact round tins.
"made from scratch in arlington", samb, i don't mean to call you out but i have heard some lies in this industry for the sake of marketing that make me chuckle, almost puke up a bit in my mouth.
i have some "insider" knowledge in this industry. don't quote this as fact as i get fed a ton of lies every day in this industry and unless you see something with your own eyes then don't believe it. social smoke used to be a huge account of SB. I think Texas' biggest. In fact years ago Social Smoke was supposed to be SB's exclusive online retailer however, that couldn't really be controlled by anyone as SB exploded and was available everywhere. Anyways, there was some sort of "falling out", don't know why or what but SB and SS are in some type of disagreement.
Now, enter SS shisha, how convenient. Same look, same feel, but for $1 less, wow, impressive. I wish them luck, really, I do, but they will need it against SB.
Something about SB you guys should know as a company. Forget whether you are a fan of their product or not. They DOMINATE the market compared to any new comer that has made any feeble attempt at copying them. Let's put Nakhla and Al Fakher aside as those are "classics" that have been around for way longer and were the only choices of shish 10 years ago for the most part. SB was selling shisha at double price before anyone could dare to do it. SB came up with all of these "exotic" flavors, great for marketing. SB OWNS California, just go into any smoke shop or any hookah lounge. Not only that, they OWN Michigan and New Jersey, 2 major Middle Eastern hookah smoking communities. Also, they have tried multiple attempts to challenge Starbuzz, not only in CA but on there own ground, like Skyzz or 360 or whatever. Even at half price, in their own state competitors can't come anywhere near SB status. There have been a ton of crap shisha to hit the market too. I don't want to name name since I know many of the players, ok, maybe a few...de ja vu, number 5, cleopatra, the list can go on, I'll throw out a little hint here, as a consumer and as an industry person. If you want to compete you need to bring something better to the table, not just a copy and take off a couple of bucks.
You guys can check the thousands of posts I have made and you will never see me praising starbuzz. In fact, it's not even a big seller for me. In fact, I don't get any benefits from SB. And to prove it even more, if the owner of Starbuzz is reading I don't even like you that much But respect has to be given to innovators not replicators. Social Smoke, good luck to you, you will need it. And as far as it being 100% American made, I will bet anyone of them at SS $1000 that it's not, I will go to Texas and inspect the whole operation and report back, and if I'm a loser I will be out $1000 and apologize to SS.
OK time for some morning coffee.
Oh boy! John's coming to Texas. May have to make a trip so we can get together with fellow members up there and have a good smoke!

Ok back to disputing. I am starting to get away from SB. It was good choice for getting back into hookah, but I am not really into them that much anymore. It is more of a change for me. I will give one or two of these a shot, not any time soon though. I am all for trying new things and wish them the best in competing in the market.
__________________
My Videos
Favorite Tobacco: Desi Murli, Salloum, Cleopatra, Nakhla, Afzal
Favorite Rigs: Syrian Glyph, KM Silk Butterfly, KM Carnival, KM Kafe, SS Czar, Mini MYA
Favorite Hoses: 2 Large Nammor, Caravan, KM Rainbow, Ba Barkir
  #30  
Old February 23rd, 2010, 11:45 AM
ZenSilk's Avatar
ZenSilk
Status: Offline
Hookah Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 5,605
Default Re: Social Smoke Tobacco...

Hey if they sold it OUT of those fucking tins I would love to try it. Nothing that could replace tangiers by any means, but they have interesting flavor ideas and from what it looks like, no dyes used. The tobacco looks precisely like the stuff that Tonic uses - which I think isn't bad quality tobacco, just processed horribly.

In candy hookah tobacco nowadays, it's obvious the quality of the tobacco used doesn't even fucking matter, to the extent of companies using no tobacco at all. The tobacco won't affect the finished moassel product in these cases. With Tangiers, if the wrong tobacco is the only stuff available, the whole recipe has to be re-worked.

This will just be like all the other new brands that pop up out of the blue in tin cans to compete with starbuzz. And they will find out they can't compete, as John says. You can buy Tonic, Royal, Potion, SKyzz, Ed hardy... whatever! It's all not as good as starbuzz is to the consumers, and therefore never ever sells.
  #31  
Old February 23rd, 2010, 12:12 PM
Huskysibe's Avatar
Huskysibe
Status: Offline
Hookah Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Earth
Posts: 4,229
Default Re: Social Smoke Tobacco...

Ummmm did someone hack John's account?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ************* View Post
Most of you guys have the same opinion as me, there is nothing original there, i mean seriously, can you package shisha in something other than the same exact round tins.
"made from scratch in arlington", samb, i don't mean to call you out but i have heard some lies in this industry for the sake of marketing that make me chuckle, almost puke up a bit in my mouth.
i have some "insider" knowledge in this industry. don't quote this as fact as i get fed a ton of lies every day in this industry and unless you see something with your own eyes then don't believe it. social smoke used to be a huge account of SB. I think Texas' biggest. In fact years ago Social Smoke was supposed to be SB's exclusive online retailer however, that couldn't really be controlled by anyone as SB exploded and was available everywhere. Anyways, there was some sort of "falling out", don't know why or what but SB and SS are in some type of disagreement.
Now, enter SS shisha, how convenient. Same look, same feel, but for $1 less, wow, impressive. I wish them luck, really, I do, but they will need it against SB.
Something about SB you guys should know as a company. Forget whether you are a fan of their product or not. They DOMINATE the market compared to any new comer that has made any feeble attempt at copying them. Let's put Nakhla and Al Fakher aside as those are "classics" that have been around for way longer and were the only choices of shish 10 years ago for the most part. SB was selling shisha at double price before anyone could dare to do it. SB came up with all of these "exotic" flavors, great for marketing. SB OWNS California, just go into any smoke shop or any hookah lounge. Not only that, they OWN Michigan and New Jersey, 2 major Middle Eastern hookah smoking communities. Also, they have tried multiple attempts to challenge Starbuzz, not only in CA but on there own ground, like Skyzz or 360 or whatever. Even at half price, in their own state competitors can't come anywhere near SB status. There have been a ton of crap shisha to hit the market too. I don't want to name name since I know many of the players, ok, maybe a few...de ja vu, number 5, cleopatra, the list can go on, I'll throw out a little hint here, as a consumer and as an industry person. If you want to compete you need to bring something better to the table, not just a copy and take off a couple of bucks.
You guys can check the thousands of posts I have made and you will never see me praising starbuzz. In fact, it's not even a big seller for me. In fact, I don't get any benefits from SB. And to prove it even more, if the owner of Starbuzz is reading I don't even like you that much But respect has to be given to innovators not replicators. Social Smoke, good luck to you, you will need it. And as far as it being 100% American made, I will bet anyone of them at SS $1000 that it's not, I will go to Texas and inspect the whole operation and report back, and if I'm a loser I will be out $1000 and apologize to SS.
OK time for some morning coffee.
__________________
The greatest obstacle to discovery isn't ignorance, but the illusion of knowledge
  #32  
Old February 23rd, 2010, 12:35 PM
ChronicHookah
Status: Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: South OC
Posts: 3,291
Default Re: Social Smoke Tobacco...

no, it's me, i don't mean to be harsh, i wished ss good luck, it's just there are so many copycats making shisha, not to single ss out. i just wish there was a shisha i could look forward to trying.
  #33  
Old February 23rd, 2010, 12:44 PM
ZenSilk's Avatar
ZenSilk
Status: Offline
Hookah Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 5,605
Default Re: Social Smoke Tobacco...

OK, i had to buy tiger's blood. So I tacked on 2 100 grams of white peach so i can return one if it sucks
  #34  
Old February 23rd, 2010, 12:49 PM
RaceMyGhost's Avatar
RaceMyGhost
Status: Offline
Hookah Pro
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: SoCal, CA
Posts: 802
Default Re: Social Smoke Tobacco...

Tigers blood is "A mix of blueberry, raspberry, strawberry and cherry." Most of the flavors with "exotic or unique" names have descriptions of what the flavor is if you click on it.
  #35  
Old February 23rd, 2010, 01:18 PM
Sambooka's Avatar
Sambooka
Status: Offline
Sambooka Jr.


 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 13,856
Default Re: Social Smoke Tobacco...

They should call it Cherry Berry Blast!
__________________

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
  #36  
Old February 23rd, 2010, 01:44 PM
ZenSilk's Avatar
ZenSilk
Status: Offline
Hookah Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 5,605
Default Re: Social Smoke Tobacco...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceMyGhost View Post
Tigers blood is "A mix of blueberry, raspberry, strawberry and cherry." Most of the flavors with "exotic or unique" names have descriptions of what the flavor is if you click on it.
Yeah i switched it to chai for lack of coconut, the chai looks great, cardamom.... mmmmmmmmm
  #37  
Old February 23rd, 2010, 01:57 PM
Sambooka's Avatar
Sambooka
Status: Offline
Sambooka Jr.


 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 13,856
Default Re: Social Smoke Tobacco...

I can't wait to try the Chai! If it is anything like I hope it is .. ohhhhhh ::drool::
__________________

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
  #38  
Old February 23rd, 2010, 02:02 PM
kalutika's Avatar
kalutika
Status: Offline
Mad Alchemist

 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 11,250
Default Re: Social Smoke Tobacco...

I was hoping Tigers Blood would be something spicy and original... Checking that off my list of flavors to try.
  #39  
Old February 23rd, 2010, 03:26 PM
Social Smoke's Avatar
Social Smoke
Status: Offline
**~ Supporting Vendor ~**
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 80
Default Social smoke thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ************* View Post
Most of you guys have the same opinion as me, there is nothing original there, i mean seriously, can you package shisha in something other than the same exact round tins.
"made from scratch in arlington", samb, i don't mean to call you out but i have heard some lies in this industry for the sake of marketing that make me chuckle, almost puke up a bit in my mouth.
i have some "insider" knowledge in this industry. don't quote this as fact as i get fed a ton of lies every day in this industry and unless you see something with your own eyes then don't believe it. social smoke used to be a huge account of SB. I think Texas' biggest. In fact years ago Social Smoke was supposed to be SB's exclusive online retailer however, that couldn't really be controlled by anyone as SB exploded and was available everywhere. Anyways, there was some sort of "falling out", don't know why or what but SB and SS are in some type of disagreement.
Now, enter SS shisha, how convenient. Same look, same feel, but for $1 less, wow, impressive. I wish them luck, really, I do, but they will need it against SB.
Something about SB you guys should know as a company. Forget whether you are a fan of their product or not. They DOMINATE the market compared to any new comer that has made any feeble attempt at copying them. Let's put Nakhla and Al Fakher aside as those are "classics" that have been around for way longer and were the only choices of shish 10 years ago for the most part. SB was selling shisha at double price before anyone could dare to do it. SB came up with all of these "exotic" flavors, great for marketing. SB OWNS California, just go into any smoke shop or any hookah lounge. Not only that, they OWN Michigan and New Jersey, 2 major Middle Eastern hookah smoking communities. Also, they have tried multiple attempts to challenge Starbuzz, not only in CA but on there own ground, like Skyzz or 360 or whatever. Even at half price, in their own state competitors can't come anywhere near SB status. There have been a ton of crap shisha to hit the market too. I don't want to name name since I know many of the players, ok, maybe a few...de ja vu, number 5, cleopatra, the list can go on, I'll throw out a little hint here, as a consumer and as an industry person. If you want to compete you need to bring something better to the table, not just a copy and take off a couple of bucks.
You guys can check the thousands of posts I have made and you will never see me praising starbuzz. In fact, it's not even a big seller for me. In fact, I don't get any benefits from SB. And to prove it even more, if the owner of Starbuzz is reading I don't even like you that much But respect has to be given to innovators not replicators. Social Smoke, good luck to you, you will need it. And as far as it being 100% American made, I will bet anyone of them at SS $1000 that it's not, I will go to Texas and inspect the whole operation and report back, and if I'm a loser I will be out $1000 and apologize to SS.
OK time for some morning coffee.

*************, Put your money where your mouth is... I see your bet and I raise you to $10,000. Social Smoke expects an apology and a $10,000 donation to The Child Foundation http://www.childfoundation.org/ upon disproving your accusations. Furthermore, I'll bet you another $10,000 that you can not produce a single invoice, email, or other document from any supplier or manufacturer to even remotely back up your claims. If you do not wish to lose $10,000 we expect an apology and a $1000 check made payable to The Child Foundation, which we will donate on your behalf. Either way, we will set the record straight.

We have invited, at our expense, three well known and respected hookah personalities to tour our facility and make their own assessments of our honesty.
Mushrat from Hookahforum.com
Mark from Hookahwhisperer.com
Sambooka from HookahPro.com

I'm here to unequivocally state the following facts. There should be no doubt on any of the following:
1.Our tobacco is made 100% from scratch at our warehouse in Arlington, Texas.
2.Our recipe and formula are 100% developed from scratch and with no outside assistance.
3.We use no artificial colors or preservatives.
4.We do not wash our tobacco in any way.
5.We are a direct importer of the dry leaf to manufacture the tobacco.
6.We have been federally licensed as a tobacco manufacturer since February 2007.
7.Finally, rest assured that the tin cans are a means to an end. We've been working on a 100% custom made packaging for months and it is being finalized as we speak. It was never our intention on selling our product in tin cans. We pushed our manufacturing schedule up and tin cans are the most readily available package on the market that does not break, is not made from paper, or doesn't requires huge initial orders to be custom made. On top of that this is the ONLY style of any tin can shape that fits a 250g bag well.

We did not market our new tobacco on Hookahfourm or any other forum, nor have we actively participated in online forums for years unless invited to do so. As always we appreciate the forums as a center for sharing Hookah knowledge and experiences, and value honest feedback and opinions, but feel that forum discussion shouldn't be a venue for vendors to plug their products and instead be left untainted and organic.

For anyone curious about Social Smoke:
Social Smoke is a family business that was established in September 2002 has been actively engaged in business since October 2003. We have worked very very hard to grow from a one man online retail website to an international distribution company. We've made it to INC magazine's 2008 INC 500 list, Fort Worth Business Press, Fortune Small Biz Magazine, and CNN. We alluded to our tobacco in the Fort Worth Business Press article which came out in Oct 2009: "And there’s another product line expansion on the horizon that will make its debut by the end of the year. The Nadimi's just aren’t saying what that is." Bottom line we are not new comers to this industry, and we do not need help, support, or well wishes from characters like *************.

We knew the owner of Starbuzz before the company had even been established, and we were the first company to market Starbuzz on the national and international market including the very states you mentioned (Michigan and New Jersey). We were also the first company to market Starbuzz online including places like Hookah Forum going back to 2005. There is no one on any forum that can educate us on Starbuzz. We have no issues with Starbuzz, or its owner, and wish them all the best. We no longer distribute Starbuzz for obvious business reasons....We have our own tobacco and manufacturing capability.

Respectfully,
Abrahim Nadimi
Dir of Sales and Marketing
Social Smoke, Inc

Last edited by Social Smoke; February 23rd, 2010 at 03:38 PM.
  #40  
Old February 23rd, 2010, 03:41 PM
CaptHowdy's Avatar
CaptHowdy
Status: Offline
Hookah Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 1,159
Default Re: Social Smoke Tobacco...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Social Smoke View Post
*************, Put your money where your mouth is... I see your bet and I raise you to $10,000. Social Smoke expects an apology and a $10,000 donation to The Child Foundation http://www.childfoundation.org/ upon disproving your accusations. Furthermore, I'll bet you another $10,000 that you can not produce a single invoice, email, or other document from any supplier or manufacturer to even remotely back up your claims. If you do not wish to lose $10,000 we expect an apology and a $1000 check made payable to The Child Foundation, which we will donate on your behalf. Either way, we will set the record straight.

We have invited, at our expense, three well known and respected hookah personalities to tour our facility and make their own assessments of our honesty.
Mushrat from Hookahforum.com
Mark from Hookahwhisperer.com
Sambooka from HookahPro.com

I'm here to unequivocally state the following facts. There should be no doubt on any of the following:
1.Our tobacco is made 100% from scratch at our warehouse in Arlington, Texas.
2.Our recipe and formula are 100% developed from scratch and with no outside assistance.
3.We use no artificial colors or preservatives.
4.We do not wash our tobacco in any way.
5.We are a direct importer of the dry leaf to manufacture the tobacco.
6.We have been federally licensed as a tobacco manufacturer since February 2007.
7.Finally, rest assured that the tin cans are a means to an end. We've been working on a 100% custom made packaging for months and it is being finalized as we speak. It was never our intention on selling our product in tin cans. We pushed our manufacturing schedule up and tin cans are the most readily available package on the market that does not break, is not made from paper, or doesn't requires huge initial orders to be custom made. On top of that this is the ONLY style of any tin can shape that fits a 250g bag well.

We did not market our new tobacco on Hookahfourm or any other forum, nor have we actively participated in online forums for years unless invited to do so. As always we appreciate the forums as a center for sharing Hookah knowledge and experiences, and value honest feedback and opinions, but feel that forum discussion shouldn't be a venue for vendors to plug their products and instead be left untainted and organic.

For anyone curious about Social Smoke:
Social Smoke is a family business that was established in September 2002 has been actively engaged in business since October 2003. We have worked very very hard to grow from a one man online retail website to an international distribution company. We've made it to INC magazine's 2008 INC 500 list, Fort Worth Business Press, Fortune Small Biz Magazine, and CNN. We alluded to our tobacco in the Fort Worth Business Press article which came out in Oct 2009: "And thereís another product line expansion on the horizon that will make its debut by the end of the year. The Nadimi's just arenít saying what that is." Bottom line we are not new comers to this industry, and we do not need help, support, or well wishes from characters like *************.

We knew the owner of Starbuzz before the company had even been established, and we were the first company to market Starbuzz on the national and international market including the very states you mentioned (Michigan and New Jersey). We were also the first company to market Starbuzz online including places like Hookah Forum going back to 2005. There is no one on any forum that can educate us on Starbuzz. We have no issues with Starbuzz, or its owner, and wish them all the best. We no longer distribute Starbuzz for obvious business reasons....We have our own tobacco and manufacturing capability.

Respectfully,
Abrahim Nadimi
Dir of Sales and Marketing
Social Smoke, Inc
Whoa, whoa, whoa! So let me get this straight, Sambooka your coming to Texas? When and where and I will see if I can be there for a Texas get together!

May have to try some of this then and give it my honest opinion. Must be legit if they are willing to go though all this to let us know! Kudos to you guys for trying to compete with the rest!
__________________
My Videos
Favorite Tobacco: Desi Murli, Salloum, Cleopatra, Nakhla, Afzal
Favorite Rigs: Syrian Glyph, KM Silk Butterfly, KM Carnival, KM Kafe, SS Czar, Mini MYA
Favorite Hoses: 2 Large Nammor, Caravan, KM Rainbow, Ba Barkir
  #41  
Old February 23rd, 2010, 03:42 PM
ChronicHookah
Status: Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: South OC
Posts: 3,291
Default Re: Social Smoke Tobacco...

Please explain how #1 and #5 don't conflict, is it or is it not 100% American tobacco. I'm not going to get into a fight with you on this forum, it would show poor character on my part since I have been a sponsoring vendor and community member for 2 years now.
  #42  
Old February 23rd, 2010, 03:44 PM
HOOKAH JOK3R's Avatar
HOOKAH JOK3R
Status: Offline
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Radford, Virginia
Posts: 337
Default Re: Social Smoke Tobacco...

vender battle royal!!
  #43  
Old February 23rd, 2010, 03:46 PM
CaptHowdy's Avatar
CaptHowdy
Status: Offline
Hookah Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 1,159
Default Re: Social Smoke Tobacco...

Where'd my other post go?
__________________
My Videos
Favorite Tobacco: Desi Murli, Salloum, Cleopatra, Nakhla, Afzal
Favorite Rigs: Syrian Glyph, KM Silk Butterfly, KM Carnival, KM Kafe, SS Czar, Mini MYA
Favorite Hoses: 2 Large Nammor, Caravan, KM Rainbow, Ba Barkir
  #44  
Old February 23rd, 2010, 03:51 PM
Social Smoke's Avatar
Social Smoke
Status: Offline
**~ Supporting Vendor ~**
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 80
Default Re: Social Smoke Tobacco...

Are you saying that to manufacture 100% made in America tobacco that we must grow tobacco leaf in our Arlington, TX warehouse? We import DRY flue cured Virgina leaf and manufacture it into a final product.

Quit trying to twist this. Word games? Is that what you are resorting too? You absolutely need to continue this on this forum. You've already shown "poor character" when you made baseless allegations. Now finish the discussion. I want your apology and your donation.
  #45  
Old February 23rd, 2010, 03:57 PM
Sambooka's Avatar
Sambooka
Status: Offline
Sambooka Jr.


 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 13,856
Default Re: Social smoke thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Social Smoke View Post
We have invited, at our expense, three well known and respected hookah personalities to tour our facility and make their own assessments of our honesty ...
I am looking forward to touring Social Smoke, and meeting everybody invited.

I talked with Abrahim a few days ago and I can honestly tell you he is a very nice guy to talk with and very knowledgeable and passionate about what he does. I hope to see some really great flavors from them and wish them the best of luck in their new business venture.

I do know that Social Smoke is making product in house. I've known for a while now. I am definitely looking forward to seeing the magic happen and learning more about the process. It will be like a Budweiser tour but a Social Smoke tour! I hope they have samples at the end of the tour!? All of us need to sit and smoke!

.. You all know (and Abrahim knows too) that I am going to provide you with 100% honest and unbiased feedback of my findings and what I think of the different flavors as I review them over time.

Cheers .. Sambooka!
__________________

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
  #46  
Old February 23rd, 2010, 04:22 PM
JediSpam
Status: Offline
Hookah Aficionado
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,524
Default Re: Social Smoke Tobacco...

nice sam look forward to it
  #47  
Old February 23rd, 2010, 08:31 PM
lilbrummy87's Avatar
lilbrummy87
Status: Offline
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Carrollton TX
Posts: 307
Default Re: Social Smoke Tobacco...

I am probably going to pick some up when I get some extra cash just to check it out. We will see how it goes.

Social smoke, is there anyone I can buy some and pick it up at there warehouse and not have to pay shipping?

Last edited by lilbrummy87; February 23rd, 2010 at 08:34 PM.
  #48  
Old February 23rd, 2010, 09:25 PM
wildmancherry1's Avatar
wildmancherry1
Status: Offline
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sulphur Springs,TX
Posts: 413
Send a message via MSN to wildmancherry1
Default Re: Social Smoke Tobacco...

yeah but u have to pay the crazy texas sales tax, which on a 250G is $15
  #49  
Old February 24th, 2010, 10:51 AM
ZenSilk's Avatar
ZenSilk
Status: Offline
Hookah Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 5,605
Default Re: Social Smoke Tobacco...

as long as i can buy it for the non-tinned price it works for me!
  #50  
Old February 24th, 2010, 11:10 AM
glostersa's Avatar
glostersa
Status: Offline
Hookah Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: South Africa Kempton Park
Posts: 5,499
Default Re: Social Smoke Tobacco...

Kuddos to John and Social Smoke for being man enough to voice their concerns.

Just one point Item 3.We use no artificial colors
or preservatives. Honey or Molasses are Preservatives it is a known fact that Honey is the only natural occurring Preservative in Nature.

Will this Moassel be exported to South Africa in the near Future?

As stated it is an unwashed Moassel how will it compare to Traditional unwashed Moassels like Nakhla will it be like the Mizo line or like the normal line.

All the best in your new Venture.



__________________
***Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning Satan shudders and says Oh shit he is awake***
Closed Thread Share
Share with your friends on facebook

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Social Smoke Sambooka Vendor Reviews 56 August 20th, 2015 06:58 AM
Social Smoke on CNN hookahman1988 Hookah Discussion 14 August 27th, 2009 03:53 AM
Social Smoke hookah bag HookahMaster Hookah Discussion 19 February 9th, 2008 01:20 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:24 AM.

Skin Design By vBSkinworks



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2007 - 2012, Hookah Pro Inc.