Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Sahara Smoke... *sigh*

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old February 20th, 2010, 11:19 AM
bpetruzzo
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to bpetruzzo Send a message via Skype™ to bpetruzzo
Default Sahara Smoke... *sigh*

Indulge me if you will for just a moment.

We all know Sahara Smoke hookahs are some of the most cheaply made rigs you can buy. They're flimsy. They're light. All you have to do is think about water and they start rusting. But...

Damnit all if they don't look really, really nice!

They have some really nice, interesting and unique designs. And they're glass is really stunning. In fact, many times their glass puts the old tired egyptian glass of much better hookah manufacturer's to shame. And all of this is very, very frustrating to me.

So, this is for Sahara Smoke:

Dear Sahara Smoke,

You're hookahs are beautiful. We don't hate you. In fact, we even really like your Vortex bowl. But your overseas manufacturing partner sucks hard. We'd all feel better smoking out of a wicker hookah than your ailing tin-foil junk.

Please rethink your partnerships and your materials. If you have to, increase your prices by 15% and start using actual stainless steal or brass. I promise, we'll start buying when your pipes stop sucking.

Yours Truly,
Frustrated Potential Buyer
Old February 20th, 2010, 11:22 AM
boxerbabe84
Hookah Nut

Default Re: Sahara Smoke... *sigh*

I agree. The glasswork is amazing. I have a few bases and LOVE them. However, the stems are not as noteworthy. If the stems were as good as the bases they would have an awesome product.
Old February 20th, 2010, 11:23 AM
Black_Mamba
Hookah Pro

Nicely put.
Old February 20th, 2010, 11:43 AM
-jordan-

Yeah, their glasswork and bases are beautiful. And pipes are very modern looking... Just made out of tin space garbage. And maybe if they'd stop using Fedex and added UPS to their shipping contractor list I'd buy from them more than when I break a bowl, etc.
Old February 20th, 2010, 12:43 PM
HOOKAH JOK3R
Hookah Nut

I've always been amazed by those hookahs but never bothered to try one out. But everyone has their preference.
Old February 20th, 2010, 12:45 PM
MAD_HATTER
Hookah Master

totally agree..
Old February 20th, 2010, 12:58 PM
Sui
Hookah Enthusiast

+10000000000x10^10000000

I would LOVE to have some of their hookahs in my collection! But im not going to shell out a penny for a hookah that turns into a rusted pile of sh^t after a few months of use.
Old February 20th, 2010, 01:46 PM
BuzzHookah
Hookah Pro

could not agree more, anytime i get a new hookah i upgrade to a Sahara base but i would let my worst enemy purchase one of their stems
Old February 20th, 2010, 01:57 PM
MAD_HATTER
Hookah Master

i don't think SS will read this.. if they do i don't think they will change the quality of their pipes... so many people already complained about their pipes and no changes are made...

it will be cool to see changes.. but i doubt it
Old February 20th, 2010, 02:48 PM
bpetruzzo
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAD_HATTER View Post
i don't think SS will read this.. if they do i don't think they will change the quality of their pipes... so many people already complained about their pipes and no changes are made...

it will be cool to see changes.. but i doubt it
Yeah, you're probably right. It was more for my own edification anyway. I was admiring the aesthetic of their pipes and wishing they didn't suck so hard.
Old February 20th, 2010, 03:41 PM
caveman
Hookah Nut

Send a message via Yahoo to caveman

I agree about there hookahs I have one and its falling apart but love the base.
Old February 20th, 2010, 04:13 PM
BobMarley
Hookah Guru

I've never smoked out of one but I definitely agree that the bases are very nice. They seem to be one of the only hookah manufacturers that try to make really nice bases.
Old February 20th, 2010, 04:30 PM
MAD_HATTER
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarley View Post
I've never smoked out of one but I definitely agree that the bases are very nice. They seem to be one of the only hookah manufacturers that try to make really nice bases.
the reason for that is other hookah manufacturers like KM, MZ, etc. try to keep the more traditional look my good sir... SS just has modernized (pretty) bases... im sure the more traditional manufacturers can make pretty bases to but would rather put more work into the stems and keep them more umm how can i say this.. not suckish? lol

i would rather have a quality stem and a plain traditional base than a crappy stem and a beautiful base..

nuh mean?
Old February 21st, 2010, 12:12 AM
bpetruzzo
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAD_HATTER View Post
the reason for that is other hookah manufacturers like KM, MZ, etc. try to keep the more traditional look my good sir... SS just has modernized (pretty) bases... im sure the more traditional manufacturers can make pretty bases to but would rather put more work into the stems and keep them more umm how can i say this.. not suckish? lol

i would rather have a quality stem and a plain traditional base than a crappy stem and a beautiful base..

nuh mean?
I think I disagree with this.

Virtually all egyptian bases are identical in shape. Some are more durable than others, but the fact that there's almost not deviation whatsoever leads me to believe that there's probably just a handful of suppliers making bases in various colors. Then, I'd bet companies like AF and KM buy up the nicer ones and custom decorate them.

But KM, for example, already has the art of an excellent smoke down pat. Yet every year they come out with new designs. This is purely to keep us interested aesthetically.

If this is all true, then it's unlikely that they don't care about the bases because they're spending all their time making great stems. There's probably some other third factor that we're missing. Maybe for companies in the UAE it's a lot more expensive to produce custom glass, whereas a company like Sahara Smoke can mass produce it by other means.

Just speculation really, but this seems to make more sense to me.
Old February 21st, 2010, 12:19 AM
MAD_HATTER
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpetruzzo View Post
I think I disagree with this.

Virtually all egyptian bases are identical in shape. Some are more durable than others, but the fact that there's almost not deviation whatsoever leads me to believe that there's probably just a handful of suppliers making bases in various colors. Then, I'd bet companies like AF and KM buy up the nicer ones and custom decorate them.

But KM, for example, already has the art of an excellent smoke down pat. Yet every year they come out with new designs. This is purely to keep us interested aesthetically.

If this is all true, then it's unlikely that they don't care about the bases because they're spending all their time making great stems. There's probably some other third factor that we're missing. Maybe for companies in the UAE it's a lot more expensive to produce custom glass, whereas a company like Sahara Smoke can mass produce it by other means.

Just speculation really, but this seems to make more sense to me.
that could be a reason...

i just think if SS could actually make the quality of the hookah sale the actual hookah instead of the looks selling it or combining the looks and quality.. they would grow rapidly..

trust me if they had quality rigs and look like they do now.. i would buy a couple of them and im sure other ppl would to

nuh mean?
Old February 21st, 2010, 01:11 AM
Nyxxie
Hookah Nut

I agree. I have a Sahara Smoke rig that I custom put together, but I just like to look at it.
Old February 21st, 2010, 01:19 AM
MAD_HATTER
Hookah Master

yea.. their hookahs are just for show imo.. not really good to smoke out of them lol
Old February 21st, 2010, 03:55 AM
Str0mz0r
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Str0mz0r

adsfasdfasdf

Last edited by Str0mz0r; December 1st, 2014 at 05:08 PM.
Old February 21st, 2010, 10:22 AM
bpetruzzo
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Str0mz0r View Post
TBH I have been smoking out of my SS Nemesis for almost a year now and it has not rusted / gotten completely ugly looking. The only problems I have are nicks on stem where the black paint got chipped off. Otherwise it smokes very well. I still really want to get a new hookah though sometime in the future and compare the two.
Wow, that is the first time I've ever read a positive comment about a SS hookah. How do you care for it? Like, what's your cleaning schedule and do you leave water in the base when your not smoking and stuff?

I'm just curious. Before I bought my first hookah I looked at the Nemesis. That rig really looks nice.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook