Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Not Recommended

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old February 21st, 2010, 07:11 AM
steve75
Hookah Newbie

Unhappy Not Recommended

Hi guys,

First post apart from introduction of course as a newbie. Received some cracking advice so far from the site. Although did read on here a suggestion to buy from Al Mustafas on Edgware Rd in London. So I decided to give it a look as have been after a new large KM pipe which have been in short supply from UK websites.

What a waste of 2 hours driving! Arrived there, the shop is split into two shops, about 400m apart. The selection of pipes was not what I was expecting. Went in both and was quoted for any of the pipes in there between 120 and 300! Obviously tried barterring but could only manage to get the salesperson in both shops down to 95 from 120 for a pipe that would only cost 40. This is not a reflection of my barterring skills, have been to numerous countries around the world to hone my talent. I was assured the pipe in question was a KM, it wasn't. I even tried to show the seller my knowledge of pipes by pointing out a MYA, KM, various other Syrian Hookahs, thinking maybe they took me for a shisha tourist. No change. Even a small MYA Bambino, for instance, they tried to charge 100.

The whole experience was a waste of time. Unfortunately I can't find the original thread recommending this place but take it from me DON'T BOTHER.

On a brighter note have spoken to ********** and think I may have to pay the $60 shipping cost and purchase myself one of the KM 2010 beauts.

Sorry to start on a negative note but it annoyed me immensely,

Happy smoking
Old February 21st, 2010, 07:23 AM
Frenchy1000
Hookah Nut

Send a message via MSN to Frenchy1000
Default Re: Not Recommended

sad to hear the crappy day lol. johns 2010 series are AWSOM!!! where abouts are you living?
Old February 21st, 2010, 07:55 AM
glostersa
Hookah Master

http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19434
http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15406

Check the trades for sale section always bargains there

Sorry about the badluck with the supplier chat to Patelboy2006 for Hookahs he can advise you better
Old February 21st, 2010, 08:08 AM
BuzzHookah
Hookah Pro

Ouch tough break, frenchy 1000 has it right
Old February 21st, 2010, 08:22 AM
steve75
Hookah Newbie

Living in the Midlands, UK so bit far to send from US but maybe worth it. WIll check out those trade links.

Thanks
Old February 21st, 2010, 08:27 AM
glostersa
Hookah Master

Both Those trade links is in the UK and patelboy2006 stays in London
Old February 21st, 2010, 08:32 AM
abzy786
Hookah Enthusiast

there is also 4DM selling KM single pears.
i know how it is living in the uk.
Old February 21st, 2010, 08:58 AM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

Send a message via MSN to patelbadboy2006 Send a message via Yahoo to patelbadboy2006

That shop is ok if you have no time and willing to spend double what it really cost, but i did pick up my mya bambino for 30 from them 6 months back it was 60 and i got it down.

They do have a nice selection of MYA's but prices are way to high, it used to be a good shop about a year back, but its gone downhill now
Old February 21st, 2010, 08:14 PM
omar1
Hookah Pro

The whole of edgeware road are idiots. They take advantage of non arabs. Im not even joking with you. They will lie to you about the indoor shisha, but when we start to speak arab to them they are like, "Salam brother, Let me check for space."

The shisha it self, When i went there , i kept quiet to see if it was really the case.

They made my shisha in 20 minutes :/ the bowl they gave me was literally 3-4 cm wide and the holes had been done with a screw driver. No joke.

Then i thought you know what screw this, a group of arabs came and they sat down, they was my age around 18+ (obviously :P) and they ordered shisha, they was allowed to mix their flavours (wtf!?!) and the shishas they ordered came literally within 5 minutes. Me being my self i started talking to the girl.. just as general convo but my real agenda was to see how her shisha was LOL!, Then anything else was a bonus.

The *** was blatantly bigger, the holes looked like they had been done with a toothpick and the coals were of nice size and seperated appart. Mine had burned out within 20 minutes of smoking. So I thought okay fair enough. So me and my mates we went and we was like dude what the hell is this... They tried to be sarcastic and they was like its shisha. I replied and told them that it was harsh and that we had paid same price but it was terrible. Their response was oh its because you smoke for so long. Fair enough, two minutes later i give a call to my cousins he comes down with his mates. They spoke to them in arabic and the next thing you know the guys like oh im sorry. I will fix it for you :/

So i was like wtf?!? what is this bullshit. To any tourists they will rip you off. 2 pound for a can of coke? wtf. The shishas alone is 15 average everywhere and its only between two people.

Edgeware road has fell off, GREATLY, ever since the smoking ban. I see how they treat customers and its shameful. I known arabs to be greedy since day one but this was just outrageous. I have since then not gone back to edgeware road unless i go with my cousins. It's quite sad because before i remember in that same shop this guy went to buy shisha, they used to sell mya pipes for 15 pounds, i got it for 4 pounds with help of some algerians :P.

So the truth is unless you have money to burn and you are not bothered to get ripped off then edgeware road is nice cause its very cultural. but now its become a struggling area for all the cafes and shops to compete with each other. As soon as one person increases or drops price, they all follow. ;/

If you wanted a shisha always get off the internet.I would rather pay 60$ for shipping then double the pounds to the shop keepers. They are just down right wrong in the way they just milk off the tourists and then be all generous to a arab.
Old February 22nd, 2010, 12:56 AM
Shushyne4np2ne
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to Shushyne4np2ne Send a message via Yahoo to Shushyne4np2ne

That's a bummer. I hate it when you find a new shop and you're like "Hell yeah, a new place to buy supplies" and you go in and they carry Epic smoke, Sahara hookahs and quicklites, all over price by about 5-50 bucks.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook