Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

my km isnt giving me good smoke :/

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old February 21st, 2010, 07:53 PM
omar1
Hookah Pro

Default my km isnt giving me good smoke :/

I noticed with my purchase of this shisha that the stem was very thick. When i smoke it i use a nammor pipe and even original km pipe and i find that the draw is too easy, like literally breathing.. I don't like this. I like the draw to be a bit more harder then what it is now. Because of this I beleive that this is affecting the smoke. I've tried vortex, egypt bowls, packing and unpacking and also even tried natural coals, quick fire coals, wind covers. But STILL i dont get the smoke i want like i do in other shops. Plus the flavour isnt all that either. I smoked lemon+mint, peach + mint, straberry + peach, chocolate + mint, orange + mint, apple + mint, grape+ mint, apple grape and mint, strawberry grape + mint.

So many shishas ive smoked and none of them have pleased me, where i actually get frustrated and feel like smashing the thing, seriously annoying me. I do like going shisha cafes and i mostly found that the old OLD km smoked better then mine, they was solid and they are like the khalil mamoon amer stems. They give better pull cause the stem isnt so wide and the pipes are also normal long pipes.

These are some serious times, any advice what i could do, i tried putting more and less water to experiment, I tried fluffing the flavour and packing it down.. Like before i said ive used many different coals and even increased the number on the shisha, but it just got harsh and the flavour died out quickly.

So i dont really have any more ideas. if this continues to happen im going to sell my khalil mamoon. i dont like it im very dissapointed =/. The vortex is overhyped aswell. Its nowhere near as good as an egyptian bowl and it don't give a better taste either.

So im really stuck on the situation. My only solution was to come here and ask for help or just to sell the crap.
Old February 21st, 2010, 07:56 PM
gnuworldorder
Banned

Default Re: my km isnt giving me good smoke :/

weak smoke means either a leak somewhere or you messed up the pack and heat. if you want a harder draw add more water or partially block the port on the stem with some tape
Old February 21st, 2010, 07:59 PM
omar1
Hookah Pro

How can i test for a leak? cause when i blow out i dont see no smoke coming out except the valve and the top. No where else. THe pipes are pretty stuck in aswell so that cant be an issue.

What do you mean block the port on the steam with some tape, care to elaborate? cause i think at the moment the pull isnt strong enough for the actual *** to get good smoke. I drilled a hole into my egyptian bowl as 2 parts were blocked. So now i get too much draw. I Dont think i mess up after so many years of making shisha, Ive noticed equipment is the biggest factor. Imake shisha same style at my mates ager shisha and it comes out amazing. But on my km which i paid a lot of money on, it should technically peform better, not cause of price but because its a damn KM.
Old February 21st, 2010, 08:07 PM
gnuworldorder
Banned

sorry i meant stem. you know the hole that leads to the hose opening? just cover it with some tape if you want a harder draw. and for leaks put your hose and bowl on. you dont need any water or tobacco. cover the bowl top with your palm and suck in. if you feel pressure sucking your hand in and there isnt hissing you are good. lastly is there a bb in your purge?
Old February 21st, 2010, 08:08 PM
kurlz
Hookah Nut

Try putting a diffuser on it, it'll give a little resistance to the pull. Also, some people say it puts out more smoke and flavor. Try using 3 coals at first, taking one off, then purge.
Old February 21st, 2010, 08:17 PM
omar1
Hookah Pro

Nope i use a metal ball for the purge. Okay im going to check for leaks. Sounds quite tricky. but ill give it a try tomorrow.
Old February 21st, 2010, 08:29 PM
gnuworldorder
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by omar1 View Post
Nope i use a metal ball for the purge. Okay im going to check for leaks. Sounds quite tricky. but ill give it a try tomorrow.
its not. its literally just blocking the top off so no air should be coming through. if theres hissing or you can draw there is a leak
Old February 21st, 2010, 08:30 PM
abzy786
Hookah Enthusiast

To check for leacks is easy
put the palm of your hand at the top of the shisha where the bowl is meant to go
and take a pull from the hose port it u feel ur palm is getting sucked in u are fine but if there is air coming from somewhere u have a prob
also make sure u are using rubber gromets at the bowl and the hose and they are tight
Old February 21st, 2010, 08:32 PM
omar1
Hookah Pro

thanks a lot guys, Ill check this 2moro. its 1:30 am here _ i cant sleep ... and getting the shisha requires effort LOL

another question, you see the bottom of my stem, the long part that goes into the water bowl.

Is that supposed to be very low?!?! like nearly around 1 1/2 inch from the bottom of the vase. cause it does on mine... the whole stem it self is massssive.

Last edited by omar1; February 21st, 2010 at 08:35 PM.
Old February 21st, 2010, 09:34 PM
Raid3n
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to Raid3n

Kms recently have had very long and wide bored downstems. One of the perks for members here years ago was the fact it was easy to take a drag off of a KM. The stem is only going to be about an inch from the bottom, the fact you use less water means less resistance and in turn less strain when pulling. So if you want it to be a bit harder to pull the first thing you will want to do is add water bit by bit until it feels right, but doesn't bubble up into the heart. That's only going to help a bit, combine it with a smaller hose and maybe it will be better for you

Last edited by Raid3n; February 21st, 2010 at 09:36 PM.
Old February 21st, 2010, 09:56 PM
omar1
Hookah Pro

Yah, i think thats the issue i have aswell. Im going to use a smaller pipe, i hate these nammor crapz _. theres some ugly smell in it. Erm what else. Ill test all this out tomorrow. 1 check for leaks 2 tape up the stem a bit, 3, do the water test, 4 get a smaller pipe.

Hopefully this will fix it. I do find kms a bit too easy to drag and yes the water is nowhere near the line they advise.

Another thing, when i do put more water, it seems like there isnt a lot of smoke. But again ill do some tests.
Old February 21st, 2010, 10:03 PM
gnuworldorder
Banned

pipe length really has nothing to do with it. it would smoke the same if you stuck it 1" into a 500' tall vase. also raid3n how does a narrower passage way make it an easier draw?
Old February 22nd, 2010, 11:26 AM
glostersa
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnuworldorder View Post
pipe length really has nothing to do with it. it would smoke the same if you stuck it 1" into a 500' tall vase. also raid3n how does a narrower passage way make it an easier draw?
He wants a harder draw so a smaller gauge hose will help
Old February 22nd, 2010, 12:19 PM
Nzl
Hookah Newbie

You can also change your hole pattern - try making less holes.
Old February 22nd, 2010, 12:52 PM
BuzzHookah
Hookah Pro

or try a denser pack that block one of the spire holes, 2 holes take in less air then 3 and so on, no matter what gage hose you are using it will be a tougher pull, gotta say its a first seeing someone who wants a harder pull, but to each his own!
Old February 22nd, 2010, 01:59 PM
omar1
Hookah Pro

i dont like the fact that it pulls like im breathing... :/ im used to shisha with smooth draw but with slight resistance, my km has no resistance and i feel the pipe bubble while i draw it. I drilled one hole through my clay bowl as it was blocked. Im starting to regret that now.
Old February 22nd, 2010, 02:02 PM
gnuworldorder
Banned

Quote:
i dont like the fact that it pulls like im breathing... :/ im used to shisha with smooth draw but with slight resistance, my km has no resistance and i feel the pipe bubble while i draw it. I drilled one hole through my clay bowl as it was blocked. Im starting to regret that now.
i already told you obstruct the port on the stem with tape.
Old February 22nd, 2010, 04:24 PM
wesclrg
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
i hate these nammor crapz _. theres some ugly smell in it.
dude you gotta wash out a washable hose before using it.
Old February 22nd, 2010, 07:55 PM
omar1
Hookah Pro

I checked for leaks and the result was negative. There are no leaks. I added a lot more water up to the gold line. But then water was coming into the pipe. So I reduced it a little bit and the shisha was a lot better. I used three al fakher cocunut coals and the shisha lasted about erm 40+ minutes. I also made less holes and used a disposable pipe. Have to say it was much better. Now I need to get my favourite flavours and see how they smoke. I was smoking peach and mint in a Egyptian bowl.

Thanks for the tips. I still have to tape the stem.
Oh and another thing is. When I take a draw it don't come out smooth. There's like gaps when smoking like, how can I explain this, basically you see in the shop I smoke I don't get the bubbling in the pipe but at home I feel the bugling and in the bowl it's like an explosion of water. So it must be maybe that I have water hitting the hole that I intake from. I have no other idea why. putting more water causes it to get worse.
Old February 22nd, 2010, 08:41 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

smaller hose = smaller gauge.
Old February 22nd, 2010, 09:33 PM
1lowtoy
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to 1lowtoy Send a message via Yahoo to 1lowtoy

I really dont understand this post i thought all the main reasons one would buy a Km your complaining about. I do belive its something your doing wrong. I have owned several and never had problems with clouds. It may be many things other than the hookah. You either have a air leak, not packing your the bowl correctly or possiably the brand of shisha or possiably not enough heat for the bowl your using. Its deffinatly not the fault of the Km. First off what tobacco are you using. how many coals and what brand are you using how are you packing it and the type of bowl are you trying with what tobacco. Give us more info also if you want less draw use a small female sanitary tip and that should surfice.
Old February 22nd, 2010, 10:08 PM
FusionX
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to FusionX

maybe you should invest in a syrian brass
AF hookah is a beast
Old February 23rd, 2010, 07:41 AM
Dreamer1917
Hookah Nut

YOUR KM IS SMOKING BAD?!?
Is there a dead body stuck in it?
Old February 23rd, 2010, 07:09 PM
omar1
Hookah Pro

LOL ded body LOLX2

noooo there is not.

anyhoo im using al fakher cocunut nats, with al fakher flavour, original egyptian bowl. Im packing it so that the flavour is quite well in. Im also using double foil of some bacofoil original. I make my hole by poking the toothpick. I put water just a bit under the line.

There is no leaks and im using a disposable AF pipe
Old February 23rd, 2010, 07:25 PM
stairmaster
Hookah Newbie

operator error. less/small holes=more drag.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook