Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

is there any websites....

Hookah Discussion

Closed Thread Share

Old February 25th, 2010, 09:47 PM
UGHIDK
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via AIM to UGHIDK
Default is there any websites....

is there any websites that give out free samples, i want to try new flavs. but i dont want to buy one that i dont like....
Old February 25th, 2010, 10:04 PM
Coyotero
Hookah Guru

Default Re: is there any websites....

Not anything worthwhile.

Most places sell 50 gram packs for this purpose. They're usually about $3 and should give you a good 1-5 bowls (Depending on the size of your bowl.)

Other than that, hang around on the forum, make some friends, and show yourself to be a worthwhile contributor around here, and after a time, some members may be willing to trade or send you samples.
Old February 25th, 2010, 11:10 PM
SonOfGram
Hookah Aficionado

Contact manufacturers or importers directly, some will be willing to send you a few samples of their product.
Old February 25th, 2010, 11:11 PM
MrBungle
AFNSBFLAVOUR

this is why we have a review section

Old February 26th, 2010, 09:42 AM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGHIDK View Post
is there any websites that give out free samples, i want to try new flavs. but i dont want to buy one that i dont like....
Is this a serious question?? Are we being punked?? Your posts are way off the wall at times ..

I hate to sound so rude .. but get a job and buy some shisha tobacco. There are plenty of reviews in the review section. If you don't want to read reviews there are thousands of video reviews.

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old February 26th, 2010, 09:49 AM
CaptHowdy
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
10 video reviews before March 15th gets you 3 50g boxes from hookahstore.com. Review those and get 6 more. Review those 6 and get more. After that you have to pay for it like the rest of us that do reviews.
Favorite Hoses: 2 Large Nammor, Caravan, KM Rainbow, Ba Barkir
Old February 26th, 2010, 09:54 AM
freezingwar
Hookah Nut

That is the sole reason there are things called... SAMPLES. Plus they are still a business... why would they give everyone free shisha in the first place lol. There is no such thing as free shisha so here are your options:
1) buy samples
2) get involved and make serious friends by which you can share BOTH WAYS some shisha samples
3) read reviews and think hard that your tasting those puffy clouds as you read
4) buy tons of stuff from a website, for example John would throw in maybe a sample or some free stuff he got from shisha companies if your a regular customer
Old February 26th, 2010, 11:40 AM
UGHIDK
Hookah Newbie

Sambooka, why you being dick and callin me out, you dont know what i do for work. i'm going to school so i can get a d[FONT=Calibri]egree in liberal arts and humanities so I can be a counselor at some point, and I shovels shit on a farm to pay for all my bills so fuck off. i asked a simple q' cuz moneys tight for me right now, i didnt think it was a bad q'.....[/FONT]
Old February 26th, 2010, 11:48 AM
bpetruzzo
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to bpetruzzo Send a message via Skype™ to bpetruzzo

Quote:
Sambooka, why you being dick and callin me out, you dont know what i do for work. i'm going to school so i can get a d[FONT=Calibri]egree in liberal arts and humanities so I can be a counselor at some point, and I shovels shit on a farm to pay for all my bills so fuck off. i asked a simple q' cuz moneys tight for me right now, i didnt think it was a bad q'.....[/FONT]
Sambooka isn't a person to pick a fight with, being that he's gracious enough to help facilitate this little community of ours. Just sayin'.

But I agree with you, it wasn't a bad question. Sometimes companies do that kind of thing. But I don't think there's an easy way to do that with shisha tobacco. Besides that, the other responses are right, reading the reviews will give you a pretty good idea of what flavors to avoid, then just pick up a few 50g boxes. Al Fakher and Nakhla stuff is usually pretty cheap to sample and their best stuff is almost always better than the more expensive stuff anyway. Skipping a night out with friends will probably more than pay for the sample packs and it's a small price to pay for a hobby you enjoy.
Old February 26th, 2010, 11:53 AM
DaSebsch
Hookah Aficionado

I think everybody can agree here that we all wish that some manufacturers would give out free samples of some of their tobaccos. There are just so many flavors one would like to try, and reviews don't always do the best job of explaining the taste. I don't want to buy 30 packs of 50g samples just because the shipping would be killer, and a lot of manufacturers charge almost $6 for their 50g samples. Fantasia, Golden Layalina, Starbuzz and all the other Premium tobaccos for example.
Even if I did have a job, I wouldn't buy 10 packets of 50g samples for $60 bucks because I know damn well I won't like some of them and that's a lot of money.
I think it would greatly help businesses to pass out some free samples every once in a while because I think we've all smelled a flavour and couldn't decide whether it was worth the money or not.
Old February 26th, 2010, 12:37 PM
CaptHowdy
Hookah Enthusiast

Reason for the contest DaSebsch. HookahStore is gracious enough to give out samples to everyone that wants to participate. You can try out, for free, tobacco that way. Most digital cameras have a setting to record video and I know most people have a digital camera.

Other than that find a local tobacco shop, no shipping that way.
Favorite Hoses: 2 Large Nammor, Caravan, KM Rainbow, Ba Barkir
Old February 26th, 2010, 12:41 PM
zeoalex
Hookah Nut

only issue for me and that contest is that i'm a college kid, and for the most part, don't get to smoke until late at night, at which point it's dark, and my only camera that shoots video is my laptop
Old February 26th, 2010, 12:52 PM
HookahWaffle
Deleted Per User Request

Quote:

Normally I dont do this, but Im going to tear into your ass right now.

First of all, if you're too lazy or ignorant to bother to sift through HUNDREDS of reviews on this site, thats your own damn problem. The information is available, and while many members of this forum take their time to be friendly and throw out help to those who ask for it, you deserve none of this.

Second, Sambooka dedicates his time and personal money to Operate, Maintain and Update this website, not to mention continue to contact multiple vendors to get exclusive contests so people can do reviews and get free shisha.

Third, every post I've seen from you has been either worthless nonsense, offensive, or just plain moronic.

You need to have a reality check on how you present yourself, this is a community, not your personal information database. Vendors do not give away "Free" product, they expect something in return for shipping you shisha, hence requiring you to do a video review or in some way give a shout-out to them for helping you out.

This is an excellent place to gather information for new smokers and veterans alike, and you're currently showing everyone who logs on here a perfect example of how NOT to become part of the Hookahpro community.

Please clean up your attitude or find a website that actually tolerates your bullshit.
Old February 26th, 2010, 01:09 PM
DaSebsch
Hookah Aficionado

Jesus man the kid was only asking for a website that would give out some free samples. Jewels tobacco has been giving out free samples but I don't know if they are anymore.
It's not like he was begging for freebies from any vendors here, he was simply asking a question and seeing that there have been websites that pass out free samples in the past, his question was neither worthless, nor offensive and didn't deserve any kind of offensive response to it.
If you want to buy 50g tobacco packs, that's cool, but don't get on somebody's ass just because they ask a question if there's a website out there who is giving out free samples.

And I think we can both agree that tobacco reviews and samples are NOT the same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptHowdy View Post
Reason for the contest DaSebsch. HookahStore is gracious enough to give out samples to everyone that wants to participate. You can try out, for free, tobacco that way. Most digital cameras have a setting to record video and I know most people have a digital camera.

Other than that find a local tobacco shop, no shipping that way.
That's what I'm saying. I know HookahStore will probably win a lot of business for doing this because now a lot of people found new flavors they like and since HookahStore sponsored this contest, they'll most likely order from them. I haven't gotten any samples, but I'll be sure to order from them next time just because they've given out these free samples.

Yeah, but like I said, some of the 50g samples are like $6 so I'm not gonna spend $6 on something that I don't know if I like or not. I don't have a Greencard so I can't work here, I watch my money closely. I look at the reviews, but like I said, there's nothing like smoking the tobacco and experiencing the smoke yourself. I'm not about to spend $20 on a tobacco just because somebody here says it's good or because it tastes like "Orange with a hint of mint and some apple in there". That may sound appealing, but still won't convince me to spend $20 on it...

And I'm not saying that the vendors here should give out free samples, I'm just saying that it would be to the benefit of the manufacturer to pass out some samples to places like this, especially of their new flavors.
Old February 26th, 2010, 01:10 PM
UGHIDK
Hookah Newbie

[FONT=Cambria][FONT=Arial]I’ve posted 9 treads look at my statistics,

1. This one
2. My homemade hose
3. The 1st one that is about me
[/FONT][FONT=Arial]Al-Fakher vs. Nakhla "Double Apple" which is better?[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]5. The metal bowl hookah windcover that I was gunna buy
6. My mini hookah diffuser I made
[/FONT][FONT=Cambria][FONT=Arial]Syrian or Mya hoses witch one I should buy
8. what hose should I buy
9. And the hookah and GGW that’s not on here anymore.

the only one that was
[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana][FONT=Arial]worthless nonsense, offensive, or just plain moronic was the ggw one and I apologies to anyone that I offended on that one…. And to capthowdy ill try the hookahstore out……thanks[/FONT][/FONT]
Old February 26th, 2010, 01:12 PM
HookahWaffle
Deleted Per User Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSebsch View Post
And I'm not saying that the vendors here should give out free samples, I'm just saying that it would be to the benefit of the manufacturer to pass out some samples to places like this, especially of their new flavors.
They give out free samples all the time. They pay the shipping, they give you the product, and all they ask in return is that you take 5 minutes and post a video review on the website.
Old February 26th, 2010, 01:31 PM
MAD_HATTER
Hookah Master

you need 10 videos to get samples from alving bro...

and for free shit try this
http://hookahs-usa.com/Jewels_Request.php

there...........
Old February 26th, 2010, 01:35 PM
UGHIDK
Hookah Newbie

like Dasebsch siad "And I'm not saying that the vendors here should give out free samples, I'm just saying that it would be to the benefit of the manufacturer to pass out some samples to places like this, especially of their new flavors." i agree and they could limit the amount perhouse hold so no one will take advantage or the vendors.
Old February 26th, 2010, 01:37 PM
Coyotero
Hookah Guru

I'm sorry but, if you can't afford to take a gamble on $3 for 50 grams of tobacco because you may not like it, you probably shouldn't be smoking.

I feed and house a family of four on a single income. I know what it's like to have tight finances. But if things are that tight, you've got bigger problems than possibly spending money on gross tobacco.
Old February 26th, 2010, 01:55 PM
DaSebsch
Hookah Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookahWaffle View Post
They give out free samples all the time. They pay the shipping, they give you the product, and all they ask in return is that you take 5 minutes and post a video review on the website.
For this one contest, yes. But all the time? When is the last time you got a free sample without it coming with an order or as part of a contest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyotero View Post
I'm sorry but, if you can't afford to take a gamble on $3 for 50 grams of tobacco because you may not like it, you probably shouldn't be smoking.

I feed and house a family of four on a single income. I know what it's like to have tight finances. But if things are that tight, you've got bigger problems than possibly spending money on gross tobacco.
$3 is not a big deal, but when you start seeing $6 for 50g, it's starting to get expensive.
I'm not saying this to criticize the vendors or manufacturers. We all know that vendors here at HP greatly contribute to the community and are always willing to help members out. I'm just saying that I believe if let's say SB or Fantasia were to send out some free samples of their less known flavors, they'd probably gain some business.
Old February 26th, 2010, 01:59 PM
HookahWaffle
Deleted Per User Request

Quote:
For this one contest, yes. But all the time? When is the last time you got a free sample without it coming with an order or as part of a contest?

Never, I don't expect anything for free.

However, there's a contest practically every month of the year, so its really not hard to get samples. All it takes is a little bit of time to give them a video shout out.
Old February 26th, 2010, 02:03 PM
DaSebsch
Hookah Aficionado

Who said anything about expecting something for free? I just got my free sample of Jewels tobacco that I requested a couple of months ago and they sent it out because they're trying to get the word out about their new tobacco.

You said that there are samples available all the time so I was wondering if maybe I was missing something.

Not always do contests include free samples man. This contest, yes, other contests, not always.

If it's not so hard to get samples, why not explain the thread starter how to get them instead of insulting him?
Old February 26th, 2010, 02:04 PM
Coyotero
Hookah Guru

Quote:
$3 is not a big deal, but when you start seeing $6 for 50g, it's starting to get expensive.
I'm not saying this to criticize the vendors or manufacturers. We all know that vendors here at HP greatly contribute to the community and are always willing to help members out. I'm just saying that I believe if let's say SB or Fantasia were to send out some free samples of their less known flavors, they'd probably gain some business.
True enough, but personally, that's the reason I don't buy such brands. It seems you reach a point of diminishing returns. If I'm going to spend twice as much, I expect a product with twice the quality, and the fact is brands like Starbuzz and fantasia just don't live up to their astronomical cost.

In fact, even if Starbuzz's price came down to a level of being comparable to Al Fakher, I''d still prefer AF.
Old February 26th, 2010, 02:04 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

At the airport on the iPhone so I'll make this quick! This guy ended up getting banned for breaking another rule. Sometimes you can just spot the crazyness! This thread asking for free samples was one of them. Howoften am I a dick?? Not often if ever. All I said was to get a job instead of coming on here, posting for a few days and asking for handouts!

Sambooka

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old February 26th, 2010, 02:10 PM
DaSebsch
Hookah Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyotero View Post
True enough, but personally, that's the reason I don't buy such brands. It seems you reach a point of diminishing returns. If I'm going to spend twice as much, I expect a product with twice the quality, and the fact is brands like Starbuzz and fantasia just don't live up to their astronomical cost.

In fact, even if Starbuzz's price came down to a level of being comparable to Al Fakher, I''d still prefer AF.
It just depends on what you like. Some people like the more traditional stuff, some people like the modern stuff.
I don't smoke SB or any of the modern stuff. I've tried it, but it's just not worth the money. I agree with the 'twice the price should mean twice the quality'.

But see, you don't buy such brands because they're too expensive. If they'd give you some samples, there's a chance that you might find a flavor you like and maybe you'll pick that flavor up one day when it's on sale or something. You never know, is all I'm saying.
Closed Thread Share
Share with your friends on facebook