Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Brass Egyptians

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old January 26th, 2008, 06:44 PM
Derelict
Hookah Newbie

Default Brass Egyptians

Does anyone know good sites to find brass cored Egyptians?

http://www.hookahshop.co.uk/hookah-s...uxe-c-189.html This site says their deluxe hookahs are made from brass. Anybody know if this is true?
Old January 26th, 2008, 07:31 PM
sammniamii
Hookah Guru

Default Re: Brass Egyptians

There are several sites that sell brass corded Syrians, but finding a good Egyptian will be harder. PLUS, unless you contact and talk to the site about the stem, it MAY NOT be 100% brass corded. They may believe it is, but it could be otherwise (IE: they were told it was, got the stems afterwards and low, it's NOT).

KM's are supposed to offer some models of brass corded stems, but many are steel.

Try:

www.hookahcompany.com
www.pimpyourhookah.com
http://www.jandrhookahs.com
Old January 26th, 2008, 08:06 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

I used to be familiar with the King Sisha brand although I have not seen one in a few years now as mine was lost during a move. Basically, the better models made by KS did have solid brass cores but I have no idea if that is still the case. Given that so much of what Egypt produces is not imported to the states it seems certain well built brass cored rigs are far more common then it would seem looking at what we can get. Beyond that, I'd say it's obvious that unless you've seen the rig personally (and know what to look for) you can't be assured that any Egyptian is fully brass cored although several KMs have significant brass components. If you want a brass cored rig you're far better off going with a well built Syrian like J & R carry. I should say however that a well built stainless rig can work just as well and if taken care of last many years. In the end I prefer Syrians.
Old January 26th, 2008, 11:17 PM
waterboij23
Hookah Nut

Caravan imports on ebay sell very nice full brass egyptians. they are just a liitle expensive compared to other egyptians. They are a good ebay seller too. Trusted in the hookah community

Old January 27th, 2008, 01:07 AM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

I've got to suggest that you avoid Caravan Imports in part because they are not well built and while they have a thin bass inner core the construction sucks. Basically, you really will not find any worth while deals on ebay. I wrote big article here all about the dangers of getting narghile stuff there so do the right thing and buy from a decent vendor.

Old January 27th, 2008, 01:58 AM
HookahMaster
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajo Flettner
I've got to suggest that you avoid Caravan Imports in part because they are not well built and while they have a thin bass inner core the construction sucks. Basically, you really will not find any worth while deals on ebay. I wrote big article here all about the dangers of getting narghile stuff there so do the right thing and buy from a decent vendor.

I'm sorry but I've got to disagree with this. My first hookah was a 33 inch from Caravan Imports, and I couldn't have been happier with the choice at that time. I posted a detailed review on it "33 inch Red Isis", and I speak from personal experience when I say that Caravan Imports sells well built and good smoking hookahs. I got mine for $70 shipped and it's been the best bang for the buck hookah I've come across.

Their hookahs are priced extremely fair as well, and their customer service is great. This was my first hookah buying experience which hapenned over three years ago. If I had to go back, I'd do it all over again. I even got a few of my friends to also purchase hookahs from them, and they couldn't be happier. They might not sell the best looking hookahs, but that's expected since they are hand made (as with any Egyptian). It's true what you say about e-bay being the worst place to buy hookah. However, Caravan Imports is the exception.

Derelict: I suggest you go to the following link and check them out http://stores.ebay.com/Caravansarai-Imports
They do sell brass cored Egyptians. Most, if not all of them, are brass cored I believe (at least mine is). The Egyptians they sell are solid durable rigs that will definetly bring you many great sessions. Also if you're interested, check out the review I did for the hookah I had purchased from them. It's under "33 inch Red Isis"
Old January 27th, 2008, 02:57 AM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Clearly we differ on this matter. In the end we both are offering up reference points and how anyone does with a vendor or marque will vary. It seems to me that setting aside our differing experiences that a great number of excellent vendors and marques can be found else where with overwhelmingly positive experiences from a lot people from all sorts of tastes so why take the risk?

Now I am totally not hung up on the rough finish found on hand made rigs and they can have their own charm. Yet bad welds, crooked ports and air leaks are not rustic charm but merely bad quality control and be they from a bog factory or a tiny workshop they are not compatible with a good session.

Old January 27th, 2008, 03:17 AM
dakingkevin23
Hookah Guru

Send a message via AIM to dakingkevin23

Quote:
I agree with him. Most of the stuff on ebay is pure crap. Just like my first hookah. Trust me, if you think it's too good to be true, it's probably a BS item they're selling
Old January 27th, 2008, 11:44 AM
waterboij23
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakingkevin23
Quote:
I agree with him. Most of the stuff on ebay is pure crap. Just like my first hookah. Trust me, if you think it's too good to be true, it's probably a BS item they're selling
That is right. But Caravan is probably the most trusted vendor in hookahs on ebay. There are many crappy companies out there and I wouldnt buy from any other ebay vendor. I have friends that bought from Caravan and have received a very nice piece.
Old January 27th, 2008, 12:27 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

i don't think Caravanasarai sells Brass Egyptians... I can't see one.

brass Egyptians... i don't think that's entirely possible over here. They MAY have brass cores, but some vendors might just tell you that. in all honesty.... i don;t know why you would want an Egyptian when you can get a better quality Syrian that is FULL BRASS, not just brass cored.

Hajo mentioned that one site (i don't remeber the name at the moment, it started with an "f"), and he called and asked, and the owner said his Egyptians were of Brass Construction. You would have to order online from across the pond if you live in the US though. Shipping may be high.

Brass Egytpians are just extinct on the US market. I'm sure there is a couple, but they are most likely sitting in some head-shop somewhere getting ignored.

Searching for one on the internet, other than at the site Hajo mentioned, is a lost cause.

This is the exact reason i would prefer a hand-made Syrian over an Egyptian (better construction, more durable, all brass).

"Stainless" steel isn;t stainless anyway, so why play Roulette everytime you are buying an Egyptian when you can rest assured your getting a quality pipe with a Syrian.
Old January 27th, 2008, 01:33 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenSilk

brass Egyptians... i don't think that's entirely possible over here. They MAY have brass cores, but some vendors might just tell you that. in all honesty.... i don;t know why you would want an Egyptian when you can get a better quality Syrian that is FULL BRASS, not just brass cored.

Hajo mentioned that one site (i don't remeber the name at the moment, it started with an "f"), and he called and asked, and the owner said his Egyptians were of Brass Construction. You would have to order online from across the pond if you live in the US though. Shipping may be high.

Brass Egytpians are just extinct on the US market. I'm sure there is a couple, but they are most likely sitting in some head-shop somewhere getting ignored.

Searching for one on the internet, other than at the site Hajo mentioned, is a lost cause.

This is the exact reason i would prefer a hand-made Syrian over an Egyptian (better construction, more durable, all brass).

"Stainless" steel isn;t stainless anyway, so why play Roulette everytime you are buying an Egyptian when you can rest assured your getting a quality pipe with a Syrian.
Hiya ZS,

I think that vendor you mean is Furat al Muktar of furathookahs.com and while his stuff is all brass it's all made in Syria with Syrian head configs.

The good news about Caravan is that the owner is a nice guy with good service. I've bought carbo-filters and coals from him with no problems. The bad news is that is narghiles are not well built. I've owned two rigs from him both had a brass core that was literally a 1mm thick and the welds broke between the outer stem surface and the core in under a year. The ones in the picture have brass finishes (not solid brass cores or outer stems) so given the prices I don't know if it will last too well. The ones I had also had hose ports with leaking welds which wasn't too big a deal and a few other problems.

Basically I don't know of anyplace in this country to buy solid brass based Egyptians and i've looked a lot. If you want heavy duty brass construction get a good Syrian. If you want an Egyptian get an El Ashrey, MZ or KM.

Don't spend more on ebay then you mind wasting.
Old January 27th, 2008, 02:04 PM
Derelict
Hookah Newbie

Does anyone know anything about the "brass" egyptians being sold at the link I gave? They are DMC's sponsors too.

Also is the "Hafa" brass cored?, yes it is ebay linked. But I am desperate for a brass Egyptian.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Blue-Tattoo-85cm...QQcmdZViewItem
Old January 27th, 2008, 04:23 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

The link you have at the start of the thread are for Shisha King product which I talked a little about earlier. I haven't had any recent experience with them so I can't say much other when i've said earlier. The KM Hafa is (or at least was a year ago) bass cored and very well built although the down stem is SS.
Old January 27th, 2008, 04:57 PM
HookahMaster
Hookah Pro

Quote:
The good news about Caravan is that the owner is a nice guy with good service. I've bought carbo-filters and coals from him with no problems. The bad news is that is narghiles are not well built. I've owned two rigs from him both had a brass core that was literally a 1mm thick and the welds broke between the outer stem surface and the core in under a year. The ones in the picture have brass finishes (not solid brass cores or outer stems) so given the prices I don't know if it will last too well. The ones I had also had hose ports with leaking welds which wasn't too big a deal and a few other problems.

Basically I don't know of anyplace in this country to buy solid brass based Egyptians and i've looked a lot. If you want heavy duty brass construction get a good Syrian. If you want an Egyptian get an El Ashrey, MZ or KM.

I've got to ask, where on God's earth do you smoke? On a battlefield (joke)? Seems like every hookah thats not a Syrian breaks under your ownership. I find this weird. Like I said, I personally own a well built and good smoking egyptian from Caravan Imports and it has definetly stood up to abuse. I smoke outdoors on a daily basis. The potential for harm is much greater when you're constantly moving your stuff around and setting up in different places. Also, my friends have had their Caravan hookahs for over a year, and they're still smoking fine no problems.

To say that Caravan's hookahs are poorly made and weak is just completely false. I personally know of three different ones (including my own) which have lasted well over a year with plenty of abuse and still smoke just as good as they did on day one.
Old January 27th, 2008, 05:11 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

I smoke on my rear porch when I use stuff I own. I've been into narghile stuff for a while now and i've owned a lot of rigs (something like 50 not including stuff from the cafe) . If you don't think i'm honest or don't care for what I have to say that is fine but in the end when someone asks for info/views about stuff here i'll respond to the best my ability and end my opinions/experiences are not something that I claim will be the same for everyone else.

My KM, Iranian and Turkish rigs are great so I like stuff that is not Syrian although that is my first choice. I used to have stuff made by Shisha King and El Ashrey and both of those rigs were great examples of what Egypt can build.

If you have good luck with caravan rigs that is great and perhaps in the last couple of years they have improved the build quality over what I have gotten from them. If that is the case that is good news and on a personal level I like Ali.

Old January 27th, 2008, 05:14 PM
HookahMaster
Hookah Pro

I never spoke with Ali, I believe I did however speak with his wife Jenny(if I remeber her name correctly). Either way, customer service was top notch, and they had even given me a discount on many accesories I bought just for doing business with them. Real cool people...
Old January 27th, 2008, 07:04 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenSilk

Hiya ZS,

I think that vendor you mean is Furat al Muktar of furathookahs.com and while his stuff is all brass it's all made in Syria with Syrian head configs.

Furat! Ahha. There you go. But Syrian huh? Even better.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook