Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

HP Hose

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old March 1st, 2010, 05:21 PM
oSPANNERo
Hookah Nut

Default Re: HP Hose

Hmmm.... so many options!
Old March 1st, 2010, 06:14 PM
Dee
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey View Post
How many people actually use hose covers though?
Some people like them but I find they make the hose too bulky and they look ugly to me.
True enough. I don't use hose covers but if I had a HookahPro cover I would likely use it. I think it would be more economically feasible to have covers made as opposed to complete hoses.
Old March 1st, 2010, 07:00 PM
Luv2Smoke
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee View Post
True enough. I don't use hose covers but if I had a HookahPro cover I would likely use it. I think it would be more economically feasible to have covers made as opposed to complete hoses.
I use hose covers, they make the hookah look amazing IMO. I agree it would be cheaper so if a hose isn't feasible then at least a HP cover but If the hose goes ahead then why not have both hose and cover?
Old March 1st, 2010, 07:10 PM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

I wouldnt e-mail or PM anyone until you clear it with Sambooka. Use of the HP name or likeness is in violation of our rules here and you may be infringing on a copyright.
Old March 1st, 2010, 07:50 PM
bpetruzzo
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to bpetruzzo Send a message via Skype™ to bpetruzzo

I love this idea. Seriously. And, the idea of needing a minimum number of posts/elite membership is a great way to encourage participation and community pride! Great, great, great idea! Perhaps we could even get John in on things since he's everyone's favorite vendor and really involved in the community. He might be able to do/help with distribution.

Okay, four other thoughts:

1. The hookah end should be short, like the Nammor hoses.
2. The hose itself should be really long, like 9 feet or something. Something that no other manufacturer produces, giving the user a greater sense of exclusivity than if the hose was simply repping HP. Sort of like, "Hey look what my hose can do, you can't get it unless you really get involved at HookahPro!"
3. The hose handle should be really long, like the signature KM hoses. Makes passing really easy, and is great for propping up when you're smoking alone and reading or something.
4. The HP design should be tasteful and classy, not gaudy and in-your-face. In other words, lets not write "HookahPro" in huge red letters down the side.

Those are my thoughts. In fact, if you guys don't make em, maybe I will. Lol. Once again, let me just say how totally awesome this idea is and behind it I throw my full support.
Old March 1st, 2010, 07:55 PM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

John isnt the only vendor we have here at HP that is involved with the community, there are many vendors that take care of HP members and provide good customer service that could fill an order that you guys speak of. But let me reiterate my previous post, get Sambooka's approval before you use the HP name or likeness, its his site and he needs to be in on the process and approve of it in all aspects such as manufacturer, color scheme, name placement etc etc.
Old March 1st, 2010, 08:01 PM
bud mike
Banned

hp should make a customized hose that is washable , removable tip for a glass tip or something and like dee said Hp should also make a hose cover.
Old March 1st, 2010, 08:03 PM
bpetruzzo
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskysibe View Post
John isnt the only vendor we have here at HP that is involved with the community, there are many vendors that take care of HP members and provide good customer service that could fill an order that you guys speak of. But let me reiterate my previous post, get Sambooka's approval before you use the HP name or likeness, its his site and he needs to be in on the process and approve of it in all aspects such as manufacturer, color scheme, name placement etc etc.
Yeah, but John is the only I ever seem to notice.

Also, one time I had a problem and posted a thread about it before I called him, and he found it and called me. I get a soft spot in my heart for the guy.

Also, when I said I'd make the hose, I meant the nine-foot-long, 18-inch handled, classy looking washable hose. That's all. I shall be infringing on no HP trademarks!
Old March 1st, 2010, 08:07 PM
tapatio10floz
Hookah Nut

it should come with a glass tip
Old March 1st, 2010, 08:11 PM
Biloshambles
Hookah Nut

I got one of the Hookah-shisha hose covers and managed to fit it over my Razan (don't ask how) and it fits really snug and looks great...I dig the idea of hose covers
Old March 1st, 2010, 10:46 PM
jDizzy
Hookah Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to jDizzy

I like the idea of a custom HP colored Narbish, with HP on the handle.
Old March 1st, 2010, 10:53 PM
oSPANNERo
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskysibe View Post
I totally agree, there are tons of other vendors who could be involved and I am sure would like to be. The only reason I initially mentioned John was because I was referencing a Narbish specifically as well as the super fancy KM that I bought from him.

I also totally agree that Sam needs to approve this *well* before any production is done. I think that what this thread represents is testing the water to see if there is any interest in something other than a HP t-shirt. We can already see that this idea/concept has progressed from just a hose (with LEDs of course ) to a hose and/or cover and/or glass mouthpiece.

If someone wants to PM Sam and invite him to comment....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bud mike View Post
hp should make a customized hose that is washable , removable tip for a glass tip or something and like dee said Hp should also make a hose cover.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tapatio10floz View Post
it should come with a glass tip
I love my glass mouthpieces from Crown Hookas and I know Santino has mentioned being willing to take on custom orders. That's why I suggested him earlier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2Smoke View Post
I use hose covers, they make the hookah look amazing IMO. I agree it would be cheaper so if a hose isn't feasible then at least a HP cover but If the hose goes ahead then why not have both hose and cover?
I love this idea... if its not too difficult, design and produce limited quantities of a Full or Semi Custom Hose, a Custom Cover, and a Custom Mouth Piece. Then allow members to put in orders for what they want/can afford. (IE one of each, just the Cover, Hose and Tip, Hose only, etc) Obviously there are financial issues behind producing more than one item simultaneously but I don't think that is something that can really be evaluated till Sam weighs in with his opinion and, assuming he likes the ideas, quotes are produced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpetruzzo View Post
I love this idea. Seriously. And, the idea of needing a minimum number of posts/elite membership is a great way to encourage participation and community pride!<snip>
This idea has me a little worried, it makes me feel like we might be limiting the people that could buy the hose/cover/tip (assuming Sam likes the idea). At this point we already have people mentioning that the difference of $20 would be a deal breaker for them. If the community is really gungho on giving preference to the Elites perhaps we would be better served in offering the purchase to Elite members first. Then, what ever items aren't taken up after maybe a week or two are offered to the general members with a $5+ surcharge that goes directly to Sam for upkeep.

Again... just spit balling here!

Last edited by oSPANNERo; March 1st, 2010 at 11:55 PM.
Old March 1st, 2010, 11:50 PM
DaSebsch
Hookah Aficionado

I sent Sambooka a PM and asked him to state his opinion in here.
Old March 2nd, 2010, 02:36 AM
bpetruzzo
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSebsch View Post
I sent Sambooka a PM and asked him to state his opinion in here.
*Crossing fingers*

Come on Sam, I want a sweet HP hose!
Old March 2nd, 2010, 08:33 AM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

I would love a sweet hookah hose, I can envision the perfect one in my head right now!

I would have to talk to a few distributors to see what the options could be though. I have a couple of vendors that have some good ties to manufacturers that I can talk with when the time comes.

I can't jump into this with both feet at the moment though because I am deeply involved in a transfer to a new server for the Hookah Pro website.

Also working on one other thing that is going to open up some MAJOR doors for us

SO go ahead and continue to brainstorm. That is cool .. and helps with the creativity to come up with an original idea.

Cheers!

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old March 2nd, 2010, 08:35 AM
CaptHowdy
Hookah Enthusiast

I have rewrote this 5 times now. If I say what I want to I have this feeling it will end up in the OOC thread. So all I am going to say is whatever is decided I will get more than one.
Favorite Hoses: 2 Large Nammor, Caravan, KM Rainbow, Ba Barkir
Old March 2nd, 2010, 11:03 AM
DaSebsch
Hookah Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptHowdy View Post
So all I am going to say is whatever is decided I will get more than one.
Same goes for me!
Old March 2nd, 2010, 02:13 PM
Black_Mamba
Hookah Pro

Why are we limiting ourselves to hoses? Why not start a whole HP line of custom products. We could have a whole line of HP products. Like clothes and hookah accessories. I know, including myself, there are several designers on the forum that could contribute to the whole design work. And I know I would ask for no money at all for the work. I would be contributing to the community. So it could be a cost efficient way to come about the items. And we could have the input from members to help get a finished product that everyone will enjoy. Of course the supply and production process would have to be up to Sam and who he chooses. If he would be willing for such a thing. We could add a whole new hookah shop to the website and increase the amount of money flowing into the website to help with the upkeep of the site and into Sam's pocket. I am pretty sure he deserves it for all his hard work and dedication.

Although we need to start off slowly, if we indeed do start something like this. Maybe start with the t-shirt idea that has been brewing for a long time now. And then the other products like hoses and things can come after, depending on the success of the shirts.

We are awaiting your orders Sam
Old March 2nd, 2010, 02:35 PM
jDizzy
Hookah Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to jDizzy

Now that's a good plan. haha I wanna work on a t-shirt design today, maybe a hose one too.

Just a quick base idea. How should I build onto it?

Last edited by jDizzy; March 2nd, 2010 at 03:09 PM.
Old March 2nd, 2010, 02:53 PM
Luv2Smoke
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambooka View Post
I would love a sweet hookah hose, I can envision the perfect one in my head right now!

I would have to talk to a few distributors to see what the options could be though. I have a couple of vendors that have some good ties to manufacturers that I can talk with when the time comes.

I can't jump into this with both feet at the moment though because I am deeply involved in a transfer to a new server for the Hookah Pro website.

Also working on one other thing that is going to open up some MAJOR doors for us

SO go ahead and continue to brainstorm. That is cool .. and helps with the creativity to come up with an original idea.

Cheers!
Thats it guys, we've been given the green light. Ive also got a few ideas in my head but a bit busy for the next week or so but going to post some designs soon.
Old March 2nd, 2010, 03:38 PM
Mackmaven
Hookah Aficionado

I think a Narbish with a shortened hose-port connector (a la Nammor). Instead of the single color I think the thread wrapped around the handle should alternate orange/black or orange/white. A orange hose would look cool if the rib threading was in black or white also. Sweat bands or frilly things in matching colors as well. Perhaps we could even work out a matching plastic mouth tip or just resolve to commission crownhookah for them.

I think a hose like this would be subtly unique, so that people knowledgable of hookah would take a second look and wonder yet not such a deviation from the current design of Narbish as to incurr massive increases in manufacturing cost.
Old March 2nd, 2010, 03:56 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Let's just stick to hose thoughts for now ..

Throw your ideas out there! or better yet, if you feel it is toooo good of an idea, PM me.

~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Old March 2nd, 2010, 04:04 PM
oSPANNERo
Hookah Nut

Ooooooo... I smell a *CONTEST* coming on!
Old March 2nd, 2010, 04:05 PM
manjaco
Hookah Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jDizzy View Post
Now that's a good plan. haha I wanna work on a t-shirt design today, maybe a hose one too.

Just a quick base idea. How should I build onto it?
I know this isn't on the hose subject but i think this looks great!
Old March 2nd, 2010, 04:13 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Let's not throw designs out there .. PM me pics and ideas .. thanks

Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook