Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

DFW Tx Hookah Hangout curtoesy of Social Smoke!

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old February 27th, 2010, 08:23 PM
lilbrummy87
Hookah Nut

Default Re: DFW Tx Hookah Hangout curtoesy of Social Smoke!

I have to say I had a blast today. Social Smoke were great hosts. Great hookahs and great tobacco. Had a blast meeting fellow hp members and just enjoying the day.

I have to say I had my doubts about Social Smoke tobacco before today. Now they I've tried it, it is amazing. Good strong flavors that lasted. Not a big buzz like Nak but was not disappointing. The price might be a little higher then some people are used to paying for other brands, but this one is defiantly worth the try.
Old February 27th, 2010, 08:39 PM
CaptHowdy
Hookah Enthusiast

Seriously guys? If you are gonna argue about the price and other crap take it to the other thread that already has arguing. Sambooka asked us to post how our experience was and what we liked. He didn't want nonsense started again.

With that being said, you guys that didn't come missed out! The people are awesome, the smoke was awesome, meeting other forum members was awesome, and getting to meet a vendor personally was crazy.

Social smoke tobacco has other flavorful tobaccos beat out for me. JM's doesn't compare, Starbuzz will no longer be bought by me, and some others may get replaced. Traditional tobacco? No, but for nontraditional it is awesome. Yeah they have flavors that don't go over well with me, and they know that and are happy I told them. Cinnamint, too weak for me. Cinnamon Spice, heavy on the spice not enough cinnamon. Cola, don't care for cola. Mobster is awesome! Mojito was good. Baja Blue stands above Blue Mist and Blue Rain.

I'm not saying this because I just got back, I am saying this because it is true. Abrahim was very appreciative of our honest opinion. He will tell you himself that he hates the Tangerine they make. JV said apricot tasted like chapstick. Abrahim appreciated the honesty. There are hit and miss flavors, but you get that with any tobacco. So do not knock this tobacco until you try it. Why bash it if you will never try it? If you try it and hate it, then no problem.

Like I said you guys missed an awesome time. Sambooka has reviews, 3 exact with 3 people doing them. The food was awesome and meeting others from here was a great experience. I recommend you guys do this if you can. Someone can put something together it is well worth it.

Can't wait til the next time. Sorry if I botched your name Abrahim, not good at spelling names!
Favorite Hoses: 2 Large Nammor, Caravan, KM Rainbow, Ba Barkir
Old February 27th, 2010, 09:09 PM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

Send a message via Yahoo to abu ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptHowdy View Post
Seriously guys? If you are gonna argue about the price and other crap take it to the other thread that already has arguing. Sambooka asked us to post how our experience was and what we liked. He didn't want nonsense started again.
First of all,I'm glad you had a great time Capt. It's great that Abrahim was nice enough to invite our members to his HQ for some fun. It's a rare occassion when such things happen and you all should be honored to have participated.
Now just to be clear, I'm comfortable politely discussing the price of a product when it is brought up. I appreciate your speaking on behalf of Sambooka. He has clearly instructed you to see to it that this thread stays on topic and again, I appreciate that you've taken it upon yourself to instuct me where to post and what to discuss whilst I post in this thread. Your doing a fine job!! But just to be clear, the price of the product was brought up and I chose to chime in. I'm entitled to my opinion and you are not entitled to instruct me to take it elsewhere.
I look forward to trying the SS product and from what I've heard thus far I may very well like. I honestly hope I do. But I don't have to agree w/the price. And I'm entitled to say that! And btw, noone is argueing about anything here. It's a discussion. We've been doing it for years.
Old February 27th, 2010, 09:10 PM
PeckerWood
Hookah Nut

Sounds like you guys had great time glad to see that. Capt's right keep to the topic.
Old February 27th, 2010, 09:15 PM
CaptHowdy
Hookah Enthusiast

Abu I wasn't singling you out. Sambooka told whoever was first to get home to post about our time here and what we thought. Sui was the first to be able to do it. The price factor shouldn't have been mentioned if you ask me. As I said there is a thread for debating that stuff. This thread was merely to tell people what they missed and how we enjoyed it, not to create more chaos.
Old February 27th, 2010, 09:22 PM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

Quote:
Abu I wasn't singling you out. Sambooka told whoever was first to get home to post about our time here and what we thought. Sui was the first to be able to do it. The price factor shouldn't have been mentioned if you ask me. As I said there is a thread for debating that stuff. This thread was merely to tell people what they missed and how we enjoyed it, not to create more chaos.
I understand. this thread veered off topic abit and I suppose I played a part in that. It happens in many threads at some point. Personally,I'de love to hear more about your experience.Detailsdetailsdetails. Food, Rigs, the facility as a whole,and whatever else you lucky fuckers did this afternoon.And I have I question. WHERE THE HELL ARE THE PICS?!!
Old February 27th, 2010, 09:26 PM
Jride
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Jride

Well, price aside.. It seems like people are really buzzing about this Social Smoke tobacco. and 2 people saying the Mobster flavor is awesome. I will pick it up.
Old February 27th, 2010, 09:36 PM
CaptHowdy
Hookah Enthusiast

Sambooka has the videos and some pics. He will be posting those later. Abrahim took care of all the pics. He said he will post them where we can get to them and then we can do what we want with them. Personally I don't care if Abrahim posted them up, but I understand his reasoning.

Details? Honestly, you can't handle them. LOL All kidding aside, I don't even know where to begin. Anyone want to help me out? So much going through my mind!

Jride well worth the pick up. 2 people so far have mentioned it. I believe EVERYONE there enjoyed mobster. I believe we had 3 bowls of it at one point. Once early, once later, and once for the review.
Old February 27th, 2010, 09:51 PM
KoRnKitten
Moderator Kitteh

Send a message via AIM to KoRnKitten Send a message via Yahoo to KoRnKitten

PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!
Old February 27th, 2010, 09:57 PM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoRnKitten View Post
Agreed! there prolly wasn't even an SS get together. They prolly all met up at a rodeo and then shared some Texas BBQ and a 12 pack of Lone Star!
Old February 27th, 2010, 09:58 PM
CaptHowdy
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoRnKitten View Post
Oh it happened! I have videos to prove it, too lazy to edit, unless they don't care if we have bloopers, lol.
Old February 27th, 2010, 09:59 PM
Jride
Banned

Quote:
Oh it happened! I have videos to prove it, too lazy to edit, unless they don't care if we have bloopers, lol.
Post videos!
Old February 27th, 2010, 11:05 PM
lilbrummy87
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by abu ronin View Post
Agreed! there prolly wasn't even an SS get together. They prolly all met up at a rodeo and then shared some Texas BBQ and a 12 pack of Lone Star!
Is that a bad thing sir. Us Texans are proud of our BBQ and Beer. Id rather have some Shiner to be honest but that's a different convo all together.

I wish I took my camera. I would have taken a ton of pics but I forgot it all together. I also don't really know where to start. The pictures Abrahim took will explain a lot of what happened. Can't wait to see them myself.
Old February 27th, 2010, 11:06 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

This was an AMAZING and FUN opportunity! I feel very privileged to have gotten the chance to meet the guys from SocialSmoke.com and Members from HookahPro.com

The food was incredible .. delicious! I wish I could have taken some one the plane with me for the trip home!

Hookahs as far as the eye could see Paul and Muhammad were quick to set it up any flavor we wanted. I smoked more hookah in 24 hours than I would in a month!

Videos and pics are coming! Of the event and some approved pics of the SocialSmoke.com warehouse and some shisha tobacco pictures of stages of their manufacturing process.

CaptHowdy, Sui and I did three unbiased video reviews together. I can tell you that the "opinion" on the Mobster was unanimous among everybody that tried it .. WOW! More reviews are coming. The Hookah Pro Members that were there are going to get to pick a few flavors to be sent to them from SocialSmoke.com

Thanks again to the Nadimi family for inviting us into their home and showing us a great time! Thanks to the Members of Hookah Pro that took time out of their day to come for the meet & greet and hang out

Cheers!

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old February 27th, 2010, 11:16 PM
Jride
Banned

When can we expect videos/pix etc?
Old February 27th, 2010, 11:26 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

I'll post a video tomorrow. I need to make an intro for it. I'm tired, just got back.

Pics in a day or two .. I'll start a new thread with a TON of pics!

~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Old February 27th, 2010, 11:44 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Just a reminder .. I posted up a discount code for SocialSmoke.com in the vendor discount section. Cheers!

I am so tired! I want to post up some vids and pics, etc. But will have to wait, sorry guys!

I am sure Abrahim will get me the pics he took. He took a bunch of pics!!

Old February 27th, 2010, 11:47 PM
KoRnKitten
Moderator Kitteh

Send a message via AIM to KoRnKitten Send a message via Yahoo to KoRnKitten

Yay! I'm glad you had a great time! Can't wait to see everything!
Old February 27th, 2010, 11:58 PM
Shienhausser
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Shienhausser

damn damn damn.

I had a 40 chilled and ready to go too.
Old February 28th, 2010, 12:32 AM
JediSpam
Hookah Aficionado

it was a lot of fun and it was great meeting everyone. i liked probably 3/4 of what i smoked and 1/4 not a fan. thank you again social smoke for opening up your home and having us to try some shisha!
Old February 28th, 2010, 12:35 AM
Big Mike
Hookah Newbie

Just joined Hookah Pro
It was really great meeting everyone and hope to see ya at the next gathering
Had a great time - Good People - Good Food - Good Smoke
Thanks to Social Smoke for having Super Dave and Myself out - really great meeting Hookah Pro
Big Mike
Old February 28th, 2010, 12:43 AM
joeyvonotto
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to joeyvonotto Send a message via Yahoo to joeyvonotto

hey big mike we will be stoping in soon . on day this week.

back to the topic. wish i didnt have to leave. loved chilling with everyone.

i want to know where they got the food.( social smoke let me know plz)
Old February 28th, 2010, 01:17 AM
Texan
Banned

Wish i hadnt missed out on this!
Old February 28th, 2010, 10:55 AM
HookahWhisperer
Vendor

Thanks to SS for a great event. I too, like SB and Nakhla a lot. This is a worthy competitor. If price is an issue, price is an issue. When SB first came out, I thought it was overpriced as well, if you remember. Still, this is definitely a new daily smoke for me, so I will pay what I have to and watch what the price does. I'm not going to stop smoking SB and Nakhla, but will definitely add this to my shelf(Closet).

PS: nice meeting all of you HookahPro guys, and ladies. Sambooka-what a pleasure!
Old February 28th, 2010, 02:24 PM
ngraz617
Hookah Nut

Been reading a lot of reviews on this and I have to get some. If you go to their website you get 15% off the price for signing up if you haven't already if you did I'm sure there is a forum discount too. Also there is a combinable coupon for free shipping over $50 so it turns out to be very fair and unique too having those type of flavor in an unwashed tobacco. I wish I had some right now but I'll have it by the end of the week because I'm going to order some today and take advantage of the discount and shipping.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook