Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

NEED A NEW HOOKAH

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old January 26th, 2008, 10:08 PM
mikey
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via AIM to mikey
Default NEED A NEW HOOKAH

so ive been looking for a bigger hookah. i have two mini hookahs at the time and not sure what to get next.. im not that happy with the amout of smoke they are putting out and when they hit good they dont last long im not trying to spend more than 100 to 150..any suggestions and places to buy? thanks...
Old January 26th, 2008, 10:16 PM
Derelict
Hookah Newbie

Default Re: NEED A NEW HOOKAH

Depends on what style you want, but in your price range,

Egyptian, I'd go with a trimetal or a Parad-Ice

Syrian: J&Rhookah Brass 29'

Don't know a thing about mya though.
Old January 26th, 2008, 11:00 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

For an Egyptian Pipe : Khalil Mamoon (check pimpyourhookah.com), or Magdy Zidan (socialSmokehookah.com, Pimpyourhookah.com)

Syrian: I would prefer a JandR rig (JandRhookahs.com) over anything because the stem comes apart, and it is solid brass. Other than that, i would say go with a Social Smoke Syrian (socialsmokehookah.com)

Multiple Hose: I would say a Mya (Hookah-Shisha.com) . They are very durable and well made. They have stems that come apart. They may actually has brass cores (not exactly sure). You can add (or subtract) hose ports to add to the hose number.

For a 1 hose rig i would recomend a JandR Syrian first. Then a KM or MZ Egyptian hookah.
For multiple hose, only a Mya.
Old January 26th, 2008, 11:09 PM
waterboij23
Hookah Nut

well if I had to pick my vote would go for JandR Syrian being that I own two of them and they are solid pieces and come a part for easier cleaning and solid brass. But if you are looking for a Egyptian I would say an MZ from pimpyourhookah or Social smoke.
Old January 26th, 2008, 11:34 PM
mikey
Hookah Newbie

well i was thinking about it and i noticed that everytime i smoke itll be with a couple of people.. should i get a multiple hose hookah or single but i heard that multi hosed dont hit as good when both hoses are hitting at the same time
Old January 27th, 2008, 12:06 AM
dakingkevin23
Hookah Guru

Send a message via AIM to dakingkevin23

get a mya or KM
you have a wide variety to hookahs considering you're okay with spending 100-159 dollars on a hookah
Old January 27th, 2008, 12:38 AM
mikey
Hookah Newbie

im saying thats the mpst ill spend and if i buy one for that much it will have to be a good one that will last i would rather pay around 80 but ya whateve you guys suggest ill look into it
Old January 27th, 2008, 12:55 AM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Sup Mikey! Right now, I am recommending a Khalil Mamoun from pimpyourhookah.com you can pick one up with a discount code for around $50 and up. I really like the way they smoke, appearance, style, quality, ease of cleaning, and ease of purging. They also have some nice Magdys.

What is it specifically that you are looking for? Besides bigger / taller?

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old January 27th, 2008, 01:00 AM
mikey
Hookah Newbie

well i really need more smoke and for some reason the minis i have die out fast. usually once a week we'll have a pretty big session like 8 people and it is constantly needing a new bown and all that i want it to last hit good and look good..KMs look really nice and i heard they hit good too.
Old January 27th, 2008, 01:02 AM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

I've never had good sessions with a multi-hose rig and since you can simply get hose tips by the gross for almost nothing what is wrong with passing a hose? While I have a KM and love it my Syrians from www.furathookahs.com and www.jandrhookahs.com are without a doubt the best narghiles you can buy new. You can read my review I have here or ask me about any rig i've got if you want.

I strongly recommend that you don't buy a Mya or any other Chinese made product. Partly it is because you really shouldn't use your money to support communism and slavery but also because they make crap products. I've had a lot of experience with them and I know plenty that agree. A KM, MZ or Al Ashrey are all great Egyptian products so if those appeal to you more then Syrians you'll still get something great that will last you many years.
Old January 27th, 2008, 01:07 AM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

8 people is a lot of people for a single hose hookah? Do you always have that many people smoking? If so you may want to look into a multi-hose hookah. If it is only on rare occasion that you have that many people fighting for the hose, then stay with the single hose hookah. you can also consider buying an additional hose port adapter, and turn your single hose into a double hose?

Just trying to get a good solid understanding of what you want ... we will help you find the perfect hookah for your needs

~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Old January 27th, 2008, 01:26 AM
mikey
Hookah Newbie

ya usually theres only about four people and its fine...i like the sound of a KM...what type should i get though
Old January 27th, 2008, 08:58 AM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

any KM is a good KM hehe the type depends on you. Take a look at whats out there and see what you like best. the KM Large is a great buy honestly.
Old January 27th, 2008, 12:11 PM
waterboij23
Hookah Nut

That KM large is an amazing buy. Considering that soon. I Am stuck between that and a MZ large white pharaoh. I want to add an Egyptian to my collection and those are the ones I am between but that price on the KM large is great.
Old January 27th, 2008, 12:19 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Yes, i would go with a KM or Social Smoke Syrian. for 80 bucks you can get a really nice one. KM's comes with great hoses, but sadly they aren't washable, so i would say that you need to buy a Nammor from H-S to compliment such a good pipe.

I'm actually going to go against what everyone is saying... i would get a Social Smoke Syrian in your position, as they are fully brass (which is a more sturdy metal than coated steel). And 80 bucks will get you the nicest one on the site.
Syrian:
http://www.shopping.socialsmoke.com/...-SYRIAN16.html

But, if you would prefer an Egyptian, go with a Khalil Mamoon.
Old January 27th, 2008, 05:09 PM
mikey
Hookah Newbie

ya thats what i was looking at.. yesterday acctually the xlarge gold syrian and then xlarge KM but i hear that the parad ice is good... i like those three there and now its deciding between those..is there anyway to clean the hose on the KM? with lemon-juice or somthing
Old January 27th, 2008, 07:08 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

No i wouldn't recommend it, they are leather so it most likely will get ruined.

KM's are nice, SS Syrians are nice.
They will smoke the exact same, but in all honesty i would say the Syrian would last much longer.
Old January 27th, 2008, 08:10 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

You cannot clean a KM hose, they are leather and not washable. I use washable and unwashable hoses. For both of them, I just BLOW out the smoker after I smoke. I haven't washed a hose in months! But if you get a KM, looka t getting a washable hose to add to your collection

I would say that with what you are looking for ... a KM sounds great! It will definitely be manageable with 4 people sharing the hose and conversing on a social level.

Cheers!

Old January 27th, 2008, 08:58 PM
mikey
Hookah Newbie

ok well ive decided on three a KM pard ice A KM on the rocks or a km large im leaning tworads the km large liking the look...
Old January 27th, 2008, 09:10 PM
waterboij23
Hookah Nut

Personally I like the Large out of the three. But if you are looking for a chiller hookah i would go with the Parad ice
Old January 27th, 2008, 10:29 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

I am in agreement, if you want a chiller go with the Parad-Ice, if you do not want a chiller go with the large! Great choice in brand, I can't wait to hear what you think of it! Let us know ...

Cheers!

Old January 27th, 2008, 11:25 PM
JillyIsJustKidding
Deleted Per User Request

I'd say get a nice MYA or an Egyptian. Egyptians from hookahcompany are pretty tall and they don't cost too much
Old January 28th, 2008, 12:47 AM
Derelict
Hookah Newbie

Get the parad-ice it's the same model as the large only it has a chiller (Which you may want later on). It's only 10 extra.
Old January 28th, 2008, 12:54 AM
mikey
Hookah Newbie

what does the chiller do exactly you put ice in it and it chills the smoke is what im guessing ?
Old January 28th, 2008, 12:55 AM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

yes. It actually chills the stem. I don't think it would work as well as anyone would think, but it would work to an extent.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook