Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Is this the right way to shed light on Hookah in college?!

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old March 2nd, 2010, 01:49 AM
TerryAki
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to TerryAki
Default Re: Is this the right way to shed light on Hookah in college?!

im more addicted to the idea of hookah and the whole idea of relaxing and enjoying it. Not so much the whole smoking thing, but that's just an added bonus.
Old March 2nd, 2010, 02:53 AM
bpetruzzo
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to bpetruzzo Send a message via Skype™ to bpetruzzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoRnKitten View Post
5. They SERIOUSLY need to stop saying that flavors are added JUST TO APPEAL TO KIDS/ YOUTH. If it tasted like ass, nobody is going to want to smoke it. If it tastes good, EVERYONE will smoke it. WOW. That's a really hard decision, I think it should be flavored!
haha

I agree with this. It's frustrating that they're attempting to blame fruity flavors for ushering more young people into smoking. It's not like it's 12 year olds looking for fruit roll-ups who are smoking. It's college students. What do they like? Coffee. Often times bold and spicy flavors. Of course, they like fruity flavors too, but it's not like a candy to them or something.

And, idiotically enough, the national ban on flavored cigarettes (Hey government, get the hell out of my personal life!), didn't include the one flavor that actually does seem to attract a younger crowd--menthol. Ironically, the demographic for people who actually bought fruit flavored cigarettes on the regular was--get this--senior citizens.

Thank God we have legislation to keep our liberties in check. Ugh.
Old March 2nd, 2010, 03:48 AM
Coyotero
Hookah Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jride View Post
False. I at least smoke 3-4 bowls a day.. Many times I've gone without for weeks or more. I never feind for it. Its just a hobby I enjoy doing.
Quoted for truth.
Old March 2nd, 2010, 09:10 PM
Hookah Wheelie
Hookah Newbie

By the way i got this from my HPR lecture. The slide show was prepared by the professor and it's a class of 500. Wonder how many people just accepted the slides as pure facts and thought nothing of it again.
Old March 2nd, 2010, 09:32 PM
Memories
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookah Wheelie View Post
By the way i got this from my HPR lecture. The slide show was prepared by the professor and it's a class of 500. Wonder how many people just accepted the slides as pure facts and thought nothing of it again.
Hmm you think someone who only has not only gone to college, but even teaches at one would dig in deeper for research, i am sure he/she said some information along with the slide, but from the slide it is quite obviously like the sex ed class that told you can STD's from... armpit sex (i realize i exaggerate.. but you get my point).
Old March 2nd, 2010, 09:45 PM
SLEEPINGSHALL
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey View Post
That slide is entirely true.
You may not think it's as addictive as cigarettes but it's still addictive.
For you multiple times a day shisha smokers, try going 7-10 days without and see if you don't get a bad craving.
i have gone more then 10 days and im fine. i used to smoke 2bowls every day before i had to stop for my home work. ill fine. so in ur face.
Old March 2nd, 2010, 11:14 PM
Kelsey
Hookah Nut

Ok well just because you lot don't seem to have any craving doesn't mean others don't.
I smoked every day for 5 days and the whole next week I was dying to fire up a hookah.
Are you calling me a liar?

And if you're not really addicted and you smoke 3,4 or 5 bowls a day as some people have said then you need to get a life or at least some other hobbies.
Old March 2nd, 2010, 11:24 PM
BIGPOPPA
I call it hypocritical BS

Kelsey what is your issue with people and smoking hookah? Im getting a little tired of seeing you berating members because of how many times they smoke a day or week etc. Ive seen your posts basically bashing hookah smoking. So are you here to enjoy hookah with the rest of us or are you here to promote some kind of hidden anti smoking agenda?
Old March 2nd, 2010, 11:26 PM
DaSebsch
Hookah Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGPOPPA View Post
Kelsey what is your issue with people and smoking hookah? Im getting a little tired of seeing you berating members because of how many times they smoke a day or week etc. Ive seen your posts basically bashing hookah smoking. So are you here to enjoy hookah with the rest of us or are you here to promote some kind of hidden anti smoking agenda?
That's what I'm asking myself....
Old March 2nd, 2010, 11:28 PM
gnuworldorder
Banned

well that didnt work so heres a link http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/e...-guy-smoke.jpg
Old March 3rd, 2010, 12:07 AM
manjaco
Hookah Aficionado

Quote:
Thank you!
Quote:
Ok well just because you lot don't seem to have any craving doesn't mean others don't.
I smoked every day for 5 days and the whole next week I was dying to fire up a hookah.

And if you're not really addicted and you smoke 3,4 or 5 bowls a day as some people have said then you need to get a life or at least some other hobbies.
And no one is calling you a liar. What was suggested before is that you can become psychologically addicted to something but that doesn't mean you have to be physically addicted also. For people here hookah is their hobby and for most people not their only hobby, i personally don't feel that its your nor my place to tell them how to live their lives.

And the OP, i'm surprised also that a prof. wouldn't present both sides of the story. Considering there isn't any concrete research out there either way on the subject.
Old March 3rd, 2010, 02:17 AM
KoRnKitten
Moderator Kitteh

Send a message via AIM to KoRnKitten Send a message via Yahoo to KoRnKitten

Quote:

Um... No I'm not addicted. Thanks for trying though! I don't see how you would be "addicted" after 5 days of one bowl a day anyway.You might JUST have an addictive personality, or maybe just lack of self control but you are in the minority.

(I don't even think if you had a cigarette a day for 5 days you'd be hooked!)

As for people who smoke 3,4,5 bowls a day... What do you mean we need to get a life? Um.. say what!?! o.O I work 40 hours a week, PLUS take care of my house, my husband and our 3 pets.

I also have hobbies other than hookah. I play my xbox360, I knit, I make jewelry, I sew, I paint, I scrapbook. Now please tell me I need more hobbies because my husband thinks my house is full of enough junk aka "my hobby items". Most of which can be done WHILE smoking my hookah. Now doesn't that just blow your mind!?

Quote:

A big +1 to BP. Please care to elaborate Kelsey? Or are you just going to troll some more?
Old March 3rd, 2010, 03:06 AM
matais3
Hookah Nut

Quote:
That slide is entirely true.
You may not think it's as addictive as cigarettes but it's still addictive.
For you multiple times a day shisha smokers, try going 7-10 days without and see if you don't get a bad craving.
I have been 4 weeks without it. I don't crave it buddy.
Old March 3rd, 2010, 03:11 AM
Coyotero
Hookah Guru

Quote:
Yes.

I am calling you a liar. Your own personal self control issues do not represent the majority.

Quote:
I smoke three bowls a day on top of having a full and very wonderful life, thank you very much.

Why the hell are you even here? I try to be accommodating and friendly to everyone, but every post I've seen of yours has been negative, condescending bullshit. This is a place to celebrate hookah for the happiness it brings to our lives. We're all grown ups here, we understand the risks and embrace them.

Piss off.
Old March 3rd, 2010, 03:12 AM
Raid3n
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to Raid3n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyotero View Post
Why the hell are you even here? I try to be accommodating and friendly to everyone, but every post I've seen of yours has been negative, condescending bullshit. This is a place to celebrate hookah for the happiness it brings to our lives. We're all grown ups here, we understand the risks and embrace them.

Piss off.
This is probably the most win comment I have seen in a very long time. For that I give you a standing ovation.

I have to agree with this more than 100%. Every single post I have seen has been nothing but belittling people and being far from contributive to the site. That isn't what this place is about. It's about being with a rather large group of people who love the hobby and lifestyle that is smoking hookah, and helping each other and just being a friendly community. That is an example of what this place ISN'T. Go to another forum where belittling and insulting others is accepted.

Last edited by Raid3n; March 3rd, 2010 at 03:16 AM.
Old March 3rd, 2010, 04:00 AM
Coyotero
Hookah Guru

I smoke three times a day (usually more) and can easily go 10 days without. If Kelsey or anyone else wishes to challenge me, I'll make a bet: I'll offer my pipe (My only pipe), a 32 inch Khalil Mamoon Pharonie, as payment if I give.

Anyone wanna take a dare?
Old March 3rd, 2010, 04:01 AM
Sleepdeprived12
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to Sleepdeprived12

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookahWaffle View Post

Addiction has far more involved within the brain than nicotine.
While I do mostly agree with that, addiction also stems from a physical dependency on a substance, in this case nicotine, my cousin smoked a pack a day and would occasionally chew and when he tried to go cold turkey he would randomly pass out and/or vomit, that's a nicotine withdrawal, now when it comes to hookah. To reach the dependency that my cousin had built I think you would need to smoke hookah almost non-stop all day. So when it comes to hookah I think the "addiction" is to the act of smoking not the shisha, especially since I can quench my "hookah craving" with herbal shisha which has no nocotine, at least the stuff I buy.
Old March 3rd, 2010, 04:14 AM
Sleepdeprived12
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to Sleepdeprived12

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoRnKitten View Post
I also have hobbies other than hookah. I play my xbox360, I knit, I make jewelry, I sew, I paint, I scrapbook. Now please tell me I need more hobbies because my husband thinks my house is full of enough junk aka "my hobby items". Most of which can be done WHILE smoking my hookah. Now doesn't that just blow your mind!?

ah nice to meet someone else who likes to hookah and be "productive" I love to smoke and draft/draw, play cod4, cook/grill, and do other small projects. What I really need to do is find a way to make a sturdy hookah that I can bring outside to smoke while I work on my truck, ah that would be the life
Old March 3rd, 2010, 07:22 AM
Sui
Hookah Enthusiast

I'm not addicted to hookah. I smoke hookah for the flavor and the social aspects.

Now I AM 100% addicted to nicotine, but I get my nicotine with snus and Dokha. And even Dokha I do more for the taste and rush.
Old March 3rd, 2010, 08:55 AM
HookahWaffle
Deleted Per User Request

Quote:

Tell ya what. I'll call you a liar, and an ass, and a troll.

Also, I believe your last two posts directed towards me were :

Quote:
"How can you tell me what "part of the atmosphere" is?
And how can you say it's not supposed to be an instantaneous process?

The atmosphere of smoking hookah is however you want it to be.
If I want..."

and

Quote:

It's all relative, I can't believe that weirdo on the first page said he smokes up to 5 bowls a day!! Someone needs a hobby lol.

So more importantly, who the hell are YOU to tell any of us to get a life, or that we're wierd ? Almost every single post of yours finds some way to jab at a product, preference, or member.

Clearly you are the one with no life.

Why don't you go troll another forum since you obviously have no intent towards being a productive member of the HP community.

Last edited by HookahWaffle; March 3rd, 2010 at 08:57 AM.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook