Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Is Social Smokes NEW Brand of Shisha Tobacco Made in the USA?

Hookah Discussion

Closed Thread Share

Old March 1st, 2010, 07:14 PM
Social Smoke
**~ Supporting Vendor ~**

Default Re: Is Social Smokes NEW Brand of Shisha Tobacco Made in the USA?

I see the "washed and unwashed" question all over this site. To reiterate this.... Social Smoke tobacco is UNWASHED. Period.
Old March 1st, 2010, 07:15 PM
CaptHowdy
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAD_HATTER View Post
wtf.. i keep hearing it's washed and its unwashed... im confused now lol
Jedi was there. Sui, SamB, Me, Joey, lilbrummy, if I forgot anyone sorry. Social Smoke announced it is an unwashed tobacco.
Favorite Hoses: 2 Large Nammor, Caravan, KM Rainbow, Ba Barkir
Old March 1st, 2010, 07:24 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Must be damn weak tobacco then. the natural flavor of Virginian tobacco is easily discernible from others, and it is very, very rich. I tasted no Virginian notes at all in either flavors I tried, and neither presented any evidence of a medium or even low nicotine content.

Last edited by ZenSilk; March 1st, 2010 at 07:27 PM.
Old March 1st, 2010, 07:24 PM
uk_shisha_king
Hookah Nut

Wow man, the factory pics are real good. Nice one Sam, thanks!
Old March 1st, 2010, 07:30 PM
lilbrummy87
Hookah Nut

I wish I could have taken the tour of the factory. Sounds like a lot of fun and I would like to know how it is done. The tobacco is unwashed. I got a slight buzz off of it, but not as much as I get from nakhla.
Old March 1st, 2010, 07:33 PM
MAD_HATTER
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Social Smoke View Post
I see the "washed and unwashed" question all over this site. To reiterate this.... Social Smoke tobacco is UNWASHED. Period.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptHowdy View Post
Jedi was there. Sui, SamB, Me, Joey, lilbrummy, if I forgot anyone sorry. Social Smoke announced it is an unwashed tobacco.
thanx for clearing it up guys..
Old March 1st, 2010, 08:13 PM
Social Smoke
**~ Supporting Vendor ~**

Concerning the price. There is a "hookahpro.com" discount code for 15% off your order, we have free shipping for all orders over $50, and we have the "sstobacco" 25% discount code which we are going to extend for the WHOLE month of March.

Fine Print:
Discount taken upon checking out. Discount applies to merchandise only excluding Gift Cards purchased, packaging, clearance items, non social smoke tobacco brands, applicable taxes and shipping & handling charges. Not valid for cash or cash equivalent. No adjustments on previous purchases. Cannot be combined with any other offers or discounts.
Old March 1st, 2010, 08:16 PM
MAD_HATTER
Hookah Master

can we use the free shipping plus a discount code together or only one?
Old March 1st, 2010, 08:20 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Social Smoke View Post
In our initial reply concerning whether we make our tobacco or not we stated we import the leaf:
http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19636

At this time this issue has been forwarded to our legal team and advisors, and we will make any adjustments deemed necessary.
I have no ties to Social Smoke and based on what I saw Abrahim .. you are in fact manufacturing, making, assembling, etc. your tobacco in Arlington, Texas, USA. Working from a dry leaf into a final product entirely in house.

Pictures have been provided from my visit. Showing various stages of your manufacturing process, what I could without showing any of your trade secrets.

Multiple Social Smoke owners obviously took time out of their busy work days, flew out a few hookah connoisseurs to judge, put them up in a hotel room, fed them, etc. Everything was on their dime so that they could disprove the accusations that John from ********** / ************* made towards Social Smoke.

Let's not forget that other people (me included) had to take time out of our busy schedules to fly to Texas, spent time away from family, miss business, etc. in order to be a judge concerning the proposed bet.

Hookah Pro is for hookah enthusiasts / hobbyists and is not a place to throw accusations around from vendor to vendor in efforts to smear each others' names publicly. I am very disappointed to see that it came to that in public on the Hookah Pro forum. This whole ordeal is being discussed in the Moderator section.

My findings are located at the top of this thread. Two other judges have posted their findings as well. This needs to be resolved a.s.a.p. three of us took time out of our busy schedules, work, families, etc. in order to report our findings. Like I said .. mine are up top. I will be even more disappointed if this is NOT resolved after all the time and energy I have put into this along with everyone else. Our sole purpose was to witness the manufacturing process, which I did witness with my own two eyes and my iPhone!

I am done with this discussion. Resolutions between Hookah John / ******* Hookah and Social Smoke need to happen via another means other than through the Hookah Pro Community.

Closing this thread ..

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old March 5th, 2010, 04:52 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

I haven't heard anything about this .. hopefully it is being worked on in the background in order to come to a resolution.

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Closed Thread Share
Share with your friends on facebook