Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Stomach Aches at the begginng of sessions.

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old March 1st, 2010, 10:52 PM
Kerbz
Hookah Newbie

Default Stomach Aches at the begginng of sessions.

Hey everyone. I am not new to hookah at all I've been smoking for about 2 years now. But recently at the beginning of my sessions i have been getting like really bad stomach pains (like close to vomiting) I have no idea why this is starting to happen to me because I always do my sessions the same way and never have had a problem in the past. If anyone knows whats wrong please let me know.

I am smoking AF Watermelon out of a 25 inch egyptian with 2 coconara coals right now, and drinking Dr Pepper. The last time I ate was about 4 hours ago, but im not very hungry but im eating some sunchips to fill my stomach a little bit.

If you need anymore information please let me know.

Last edited by Kerbz; March 1st, 2010 at 10:56 PM.
Old March 1st, 2010, 10:58 PM
jDizzy
Hookah Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to jDizzy
Default Re: Stomach Aches at the begginng of sessions.

Usually I eat right before sessions. Otherwise I get that too, are you getting a headache at all?
Old March 1st, 2010, 11:00 PM
Kerbz
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jDizzy View Post
Usually I eat right before sessions. Otherwise I get that too, are you getting a headache at all?
not really, i usually get a headache after a long session.
Old March 1st, 2010, 11:08 PM
texag15
Hookah Nut

It might be the AF Watermelon actually. My friend used to get sick off of that stuff. Once we found out it was caused by it, we haven't smoked it since.
Old March 1st, 2010, 11:11 PM
Kerbz
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by texag15 View Post
It might be the AF Watermelon actually. My friend used to get sick off of that stuff. Once we found out it was caused by it, we haven't smoked it since.
Thats good info, but I thought of that might have been the case as well, but its been happening with all my flavors
Old March 1st, 2010, 11:11 PM
CypherEnigma
Hookah Pro

A user wrote a guide to "Hookah Sickness" (http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19255). It seems like you have an idea about what already causes these problems but it might be useful for other's method's of treating it. Just take it easy as I'm sure you already know.

36" Al Falkher Solid - 36" KM Copper Heart Two Hose - 22" Temsah Mini-Wheat(a.k.a. Golden Nugget)
Old March 1st, 2010, 11:13 PM
jDizzy
Hookah Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to jDizzy

I was thinking you might be chain-hitting or something, but since it's after a long time, I guess not.
Old March 1st, 2010, 11:18 PM
Kerbz
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CypherEnigma View Post
A user wrote a guide to "Hookah Sickness" (http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19255). It seems like you have an idea about what already causes these problems but it might be useful for other's method's of treating it. Just take it easy as I'm sure you already know.
I actually have no idea what causes the problem, I know that not eating before/during can cause stomach aches. But I actually start to get a stomach ache even before I start the session. I also burn my coals in my room, but I have the coal burner right by a wide open window. I dont know if the fumes from the coals burning can cause a stomach ache but I thought I should update everyone to that information.

Plus I still do get stomach aches if i eat before/during the session
Old March 1st, 2010, 11:34 PM
03rivers
Hookah Nut

have you been smoking from the same hookah for the last two years and are now starting to have problems with it? what about the same hose? its possible that then problem might be with rust or some other buildup in one of those two things that could be causing your problem
Old March 1st, 2010, 11:51 PM
Kerbz
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03rivers View Post
have you been smoking from the same hookah for the last two years and are now starting to have problems with it? what about the same hose? its possible that then problem might be with rust or some other buildup in one of those two things that could be causing your problem
I have been smoking out of 2 hookahs which I have had for about 4 months each. None of my friends have had any problems with them (or none they have complained about). I have been using my same Nammor hose for about 4 months as well. I clean everything regularly before each smoke session.
Old March 1st, 2010, 11:58 PM
SonOfGram
Hookah Aficionado

Funny that you mention af watermelon in your op. As texag15 posted above I too feel sick even at a thought of it. It used to be my regular smoke a year or 2 ago, now it makes me physically ill, even opening the drawer where I store my shisha and taking a whiff of af watermelon makes me want to vomit.
Old March 2nd, 2010, 12:05 AM
Kerbz
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfGram View Post
Funny that you mention af watermelon in your op. As texag15 posted above I too feel sick even at a thought of it. It used to be my regular smoke a year or 2 ago, now it makes me physically ill, even opening the drawer where I store my shisha and taking a whiff of af watermelon makes me want to vomit.
That happens to me but with all my flavors, I don't know whats wrong with me
Old March 2nd, 2010, 12:22 AM
SonOfGram
Hookah Aficionado

Time to try something new?
Old March 2nd, 2010, 12:30 AM
Kerbz
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfGram View Post
Time to try something new?
I just ordered all new flavors. Maybe I just need a little break.
Old March 2nd, 2010, 03:21 AM
KoRnKitten
Moderator Kitteh

Send a message via AIM to KoRnKitten Send a message via Yahoo to KoRnKitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerbz View Post
That happens to me but with all my flavors, I don't know whats wrong with me
Is it like a gut wrenching feeling? Like you have an upset stomach? I know that on occasion, when I put coals on the burner to light, that the coals will make my stomach wretch (even the naturals do it too). My only conclusion is that it only happens when the coals are being lit or when they are just put on the bowl. :/ so it must have something to do with the act of lighting the coals and the gases they produce while igniting/ being ignited.
The pain is usually very intense in my lower gut, and I usually have to go to the restroom (I know.. I know, tmi )but then I drink water, rehydrate and eat something. That helps out a lot.

Last edited by KoRnKitten; March 2nd, 2010 at 03:25 AM.
Old March 2nd, 2010, 06:59 AM
Kerbz
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoRnKitten View Post
Is it like a gut wrenching feeling? Like you have an upset stomach? I know that on occasion, when I put coals on the burner to light, that the coals will make my stomach wretch (even the naturals do it too). My only conclusion is that it only happens when the coals are being lit or when they are just put on the bowl. :/ so it must have something to do with the act of lighting the coals and the gases they produce while igniting/ being ignited.
The pain is usually very intense in my lower gut, and I usually have to go to the restroom (I know.. I know, tmi )but then I drink water, rehydrate and eat something. That helps out a lot.
Thanks for that, I thought i might have had to be something with the coals because I started to get a stomach ache before I even started to smoke, and since I burn my coals inside that could have been a factor. I also need to use the restroom, or come close to vomiting when i get my stomach pains.
Old March 2nd, 2010, 07:09 AM
BobMarley
Hookah Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerbz View Post
Thanks for that, I thought i might have had to be something with the coals because I started to get a stomach ache before I even started to smoke, and since I burn my coals inside that could have been a factor. I also need to use the restroom, or come close to vomiting when i get my stomach pains.
It could possibly be a bad batch of coals, perhaps?
Old March 2nd, 2010, 07:18 AM
SMoKEY_82
Hookah Nut

Have a break man. I used to get like this too and ALOT with all tobacco flavours etc. Mine was a combination of smoking Nargile alot over a 1 - 2 month period, bad batch of tobacco, not eating, bad coal etc.

I take breaks from smoking nargile now and eat befo sessions this has helped alot with the sick feeling. What Ill usually do is have a week on and a week off from Nargile. Week on i smoke as much as i want then take a week off which is usually my work week. I keep raving on about it but using a phunnel bowl has helped alot aswell.

Sometimes its just genes man some ppl I know can smoke all day everyday and not get effected some ppl like me arent used to tobacco/nicotine and get effected easily, this is why i want to try some herbal tobbacco like hookah hookah evolution. hope that helps !
Old March 2nd, 2010, 03:13 PM
Kerbz
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarley View Post
It could possibly be a bad batch of coals, perhaps?
Ive just opened another box of coconara coals and am about to start a session, I'll tell you if anything is different.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook