Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

your biggest disaster?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old March 3rd, 2010, 10:06 AM
ariberns
Hookah Master

Default your biggest disaster?

A couple nights ago I dropped my coal tray (thankfully i was in the kitchen) and in a panic i was putting the coal on the hookah. I must have burned through 10-15 grams of shisha in about a minute my floor was covered in black nasty and i had to bust out a mop to clean up. luckily i had no burn holes in my pants. the bowl smelled like a burnt hamburger. had i been in a room with carpets this would have been a huge loss.
what is your worst hookah moment?
Old March 3rd, 2010, 10:08 AM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

Default Re: your biggest disaster?

Believing the hype and trying Tangiers Noir. 'Nuff said.
Old March 3rd, 2010, 10:09 AM
Bee
Hookah Nut

Smoking in car with 2 friends while the guy in back of the car is the one who take care of the coal!

Well at one moment he did feel nervous about moving em and instead of doing it normaly he did put pressure with tong and the coal spread all over the car carpet doing 10+ burnt holes and while it was burning he was like; WTF SHOULD I DO while watching everything get burn!

After 30second he grabbed water bottle (Which i always bring, 2-3 of em) for thirst and did put it all over the place.

Since then, im the only 1 who deal with hookah+coals
Old March 3rd, 2010, 10:10 AM
BuzzHookah
Hookah Pro

This one is easy. A few months back i was smoking in my living room with my girlfriend and unfortunately my dogs were present as well. Mid-session the jumped off the couch to a motorcy whizzing by. Their tails clipped the hose and the hookah toppled. If that isnt bad enough my quick reflexes snapped into action and i grabbed a coal mid air to save my couch. The couch was fine, my hand was not! Resulted in 2 carpet burns, 1 hand burn and a wasted small funnel bowl of shisha.
Old March 3rd, 2010, 10:10 AM
luqyno1
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunkel View Post

+1 well sed dunkel
Old March 3rd, 2010, 10:12 AM
CaptHowdy
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
This has to be one of the best disaster stories ever! I too have fallen into that trap.

Nothing for me, yet. I am usually the one that deals with everything in my house. If I can't do it, then it is my wife. This way we avoid problems.
Favorite Hoses: 2 Large Nammor, Caravan, KM Rainbow, Ba Barkir
Old March 3rd, 2010, 11:10 AM
zeoalex
Hookah Nut

Quote:
that may be one of mine...otherwise: I had come back from a ski race (Super-G, so super long skis, think 2 meters), and was putting my skis under my bed...clipped the base of my KM (base was OK, thank god) and saw it topple over, i was too far to catch it. it had it's windcover on (best place to store it, no?) and when the stem hit the ground i heard that noise, and went over to find half my phunnel on the ground...needless to say it took all of 20 minutes to have another on it's way
Old March 3rd, 2010, 11:24 AM
Sui
Hookah Enthusiast

I sat down on my back porch with a freshly packed...BRAND NEW...vortex bowl of Nakhla SM and my dog walks by about 10secs after I put my coals on the hookah, knocks it over and shatters the bowl I literally just got out of the box and wasted the shisha.

Not a HUGE deal, but I'm not made of money and after constantly beating the dog I found that he also is not made of money.

J/K about the dog.
Old March 3rd, 2010, 11:40 AM
zeoalex
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sui View Post
I sat down on my back porch with a freshly packed...BRAND NEW...vortex bowl of Nakhla SM and my dog walks by about 10secs after I put my coals on the hookah, knocks it over and shatters the bowl I literally just got out of the box and wasted the shisha.

Not a HUGE deal, but I'm not made of money and after constantly beating the dog I found that he also is not made of money.

J/K about the dog.
that's pretty funny (about the dog), my dogs are too afraid of my KM for me to be remotely worried about them knocking it over heh
Old March 3rd, 2010, 12:55 PM
insaneyanish
Hookah Newbie

Oh, just about now. My Mom just thought it a genius idea to drag my $100 Sahara Odyssey around by the STEM. I'm sure you know what happened. And this means I ALSO have to deal with SS again for shipping purposes. GODDAMNIT!
Old March 3rd, 2010, 01:33 PM
Hayter
Hookah Guru

Smoking hookah in the back yard and my buddy pulled the hookah too hard and knocked over the hookah. It fell off the table. Smashed the base, bent the tray a bit and broke my vortex bowl. It sucked.LOL

Then another time. Smooking hookah in the office. I knocked over the hookah and put a bunch of burn marks in the carpet cause the coals broke apart as well. LOL
Old March 3rd, 2010, 01:40 PM
TerryAki
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to TerryAki

my "disaster" wasn't so bad, although lets keep it this way.

My friends and i were playing cards while smoking hookah. His table is kind of a table base on top of a fabricated box. One of my friends stood up using the table to push himself up. Unfortunately the base wasn't attached to the box like we thought and the base sort of rocked around. it knocked over my hookah along with the coals onto the carpet. Left a burn mark but thankfully no one was hurt.
Old March 3rd, 2010, 02:18 PM
fatdom22
Hookah Nut

i made an order for a bunch of shit, when it came i decided to smoke out in my cabana as usual, only problem was the wind cover i ordered didnt completely fit over my new phunnel bowl, my asshole brother came storming in knocked the bowl right off and burnt the shit out of my cabana, dad got pissed cause of the cabana, all i can say is thank god there was a hot tub in there and a bucket otherwise the fire dept would have had to make an appearance at my house that night!
Old March 3rd, 2010, 02:30 PM
jusuravragecrakr
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via AIM to jusuravragecrakr

Me and my friend are on our way to go smoke hookah at friends house. im bringing the hookah. my homie for some reason took the bowl out of the box i was carrying the hookah in went to get in the car and the bowl fell shattered into a million pieces. the part that sucked it that no some shops were open at 2 am so there was no hookah sesh that night
Old March 3rd, 2010, 02:32 PM
CaptHowdy
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusuravragecrak View Post
Me and my friend are on our way to go smoke hookah at friends house. im bringing the hookah. my homie for some reason took the bowl out of the box i was carrying the hookah in went to get in the car and the bowl fell shattered into a million pieces. the part that sucked it that no some shops were open at 2 am so there was no hookah sesh that night
Reason I have like 20 bowls. If one breaks I am covered. Still sucks though.
Favorite Hoses: 2 Large Nammor, Caravan, KM Rainbow, Ba Barkir
Old March 3rd, 2010, 04:35 PM
MAD_HATTER
Hookah Master

Quote:
i will 1 up you

i war fooled into believing that tangiers was worth buying.. so i went out and bought a 3 pack of 250s, chose the flavors that got the best ratings... the craptastic tobacco didn't acclimatise.. to the trash it goes
Old March 3rd, 2010, 04:40 PM
Mushrat
Hookah Newbie

I'd just finished washing my favorite base for my first hookah, grabbed the britta pitcher from the fridge and started pouring the water. Then I heard a *tink* and that was the end of that base. It was a beauty, hand painted from syria.
Old March 3rd, 2010, 05:03 PM
ariberns
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusuravragecrakr View Post

you can always use any fruit, i even used a clementine once(it didnt hold much but still worked), apples are easy to make, even a pineapple makes a good hookah head
Old March 3rd, 2010, 05:49 PM
nick3o4
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to nick3o4 Send a message via Skype™ to nick3o4

We were smoking hookah in my basement and I had my 10" on a wooden tray type thing that holds drinks on top of my brand new, huge, all leather, cocktail ottoman. A friend of mine grabbed a hose to take a pull and stood up and backed away as he had it in his mouth. Toppled the hookah, big black burn mark on the wooden tray, big leather burn mark on the ottoman. Nothing on carpet though, although I would have rather it burnt the carpet.
Old March 3rd, 2010, 06:15 PM
uk_shisha_king
Hookah Nut

Never had a big disaster, dropped some coals on my carpet but not much damaged done because I acted fast. Now I keep a plank of wood under my bed and pull it out when I smoke to place my KM on it. So now whenever I drop my coals it hands on the wood.
Old March 3rd, 2010, 06:20 PM
ryon
Hookah Nut

Caught my hand on fire with QL coals.
Didnt feel good
Old March 3rd, 2010, 06:54 PM
MAD_HATTER
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryon View Post
Caught my hand on fire with QL coals.
Didnt feel good
was your hand drenched with gasoline? or are you made of paper? lol
Old March 3rd, 2010, 07:52 PM
gjr210
Hookah Nut

My friend gave me a hookah he didnt want anymore. It had a really nice shinny base with gold and red paint. So about an hour after he gave it to me we were smoking and he accidentally pulled to hard, it fell off the golf cart and onto the garage floor... So i had a new hookah for an 1hr. YES!
Old March 3rd, 2010, 08:01 PM
ryon
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAD_HATTER View Post
was your hand drenched with gasoline? or are you made of paper? lol
Close
Butane to be exact from refilling my butane lighter
And a little gasoline from working on my friends car
Old March 3rd, 2010, 08:37 PM
laronde20
Hookah Newbie

When I used to have my mini hookah, my friend pulled the hose by accident getting up and put two holes into his carpet. Thank god it was his house!
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook