Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Hookah Company

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old May 29th, 2007, 08:39 PM
KoRnKitten
Moderator Kitteh

Send a message via AIM to KoRnKitten Send a message via Yahoo to KoRnKitten
Default Hookah Company

This thread is for posting "YOUR PERSONAL" experiences with Hookahcompany.com

Please do not post multiple reviews, per member ... and please restrict your comments to only your personal experience with the vendor. This includes the ordering process, customer service, shipping/delivery, and your overall satisfaction of your experience. If you had a problem, was it resolved in a satisfactory way?

PLEASE NOTE:
Any comments and/or questions by others should be posted to the regular discussion forum and will be deleted from this topic if posted here.

GLaDOS: "You euthanised your faithful companion cube more quickly than any test subject on record. Congratulations!"
Old June 1st, 2007, 07:11 PM
sammniamii
Hookah Guru

Default Hookah Company - updated w/ new order & video

Just got a huge shisha order from them today. Ordered it Friday of last week, should up today (7 days later) not bad considering. Well packed, FedEx'ed, happy as heck, although was missing a inventory sheet - but I knew what I ordered and checked, everything was there in tact. Highly recommend them!

--------------------------------------

01/3/08: Received new order. Again well packaged, bubble-wrap & peanuts. They had sold out of the Green Clay bowl I wanted, they called last Friday and asked what I wanted to do. After talking, they upgraded me to the KM XL bowl. Arrived by Fedex, who thankfully left it @ the house.

I continue to recommend them to anybody who is trying to do 1 vendor shopping. A 10 in my book.

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GVGKdoYGK8
Old October 10th, 2007, 09:40 PM
entropism
Hookah Newbie

Default Re: Hookah Company

Ordered a few 50g samples, a 250g of Fusion Orange, and a small phunnel. I ordered on the 28th, got it in today, which wasn't quick by ANY means. I actually called them on the 4th, asking why I never received a tracking number, and was informed my order was on hold because the red phunnel was out of stock. Actually, the operator (a VERY nice woman) didn't know exactly why my order hadn't shipped, but called down to the warehouse and got back to me on my cellular about 30 minutes later.

To make up for the delay, she offered to "toss in another sample of shisha", my choice in flavors. I asked for AF grape, since I had forgotten to include it in my order and really wanted to try it. Imagine my surprise when I opened the box and it wasn't a sample, i was a free 250g tub. VERY nice work, HC!

I'd order again from them, but I'd be sure to call earlier if I didn't receive my tracking number.
Old February 10th, 2008, 04:40 PM
austinthecity
Hookah Pro

Ordered a blue pear KM, Nakhla 250g chocomint, small funnel, base protector and a box of 3K 33m coals. All arrived when expected, and the hookah was in good condition.

The hose was a little crimped and the blue pear was a little cracked, but it could have been during shipping. Neither affected the quality of the smoke, as it was amazing.

Good transaction and excellent customer service. 9/10

Attached Thumbnails
2.jpg   3.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: jpg_thumb 2.jpg_thumb (27.6 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg_thumb 3.jpg_thumb (33.7 KB, 5 views)
Old February 26th, 2008, 03:43 PM
sammniamii
Hookah Guru

Placed an order on 2/15/06 - various tobacco and several items for a fellow HP member. Smooth transaction on the site, got the required emails (confimation & tracking number). This part of the order was great... but I had some issues.

First issue I have with HC - THEY USE FEDEX GROUND! This means, if you ARE NOT home when they stop by, and the shipper requires a siggy, they leave a notice. According to the RUDE rep on the phone - FedEx GROUND drivers OWN their own trucks - thus my package wasn't returned to the depot - oh no, it's LOCKED AWAY in some truck, somewhere! Plus, you can't arrange a "Pick-up" until the 3rd failed deleivery attempt & they won't change the "ship to address" unless the SHIPPER requests it.

This all means I had to pay TAG w/ Fedex all last week, but I finally got my package on Friday 2/22/08. Yes, not directly tied to HC, but THEY ARE THE ONES WHO USE FEDEX GROUND! And no - I won't switch to Express, shipping more than DOUBLED (13.25 to 50!!!).

Second issue - they sent the wrong item. Only (1) wrong thing out of 12 or so different packages of tobacco isn't bad, but it's STILL the wrong item. I ordered Sahara Grape (250g) and they sent Crystal Grape (250g). Same flavor & price, but I like Sahara better.

I've emailed them about the wrong product, but so far NO return emails. I'll update this after I get a reply.

So far - they have dropped a notch on my ladder. They still offer a huge selection, but I HATE FEDEX!

Score: 8/10

Well, nearly 2 weeks later and NO REPLY from my email. None. I'm gonna resend it, but I think I kinda give up. This is really beginning to annoy me...

Last edited by sammniamii; March 5th, 2008 at 12:32 PM. Reason: More Info
Old March 9th, 2008, 03:45 PM
austinthecity
Hookah Pro

After I broke my small funnel, I made another order from HC. Ordered

another small funnel
SB caramel macchiatoo
box of 3k 33m

Again, shipping was great. Everything was well packaged, and they threw in a 50g of Fusion Cactus pear.

10/10

Last edited by austinthecity; March 9th, 2008 at 03:52 PM.
Old March 10th, 2008, 12:09 AM
waterboij23
Hookah Nut

Order a KM Hafa on a Saturday night. Processed and shipped out on Monday and I received it by Friday evening. Everything was packaged great and all was included in the package. No problems. 10/10
Old March 15th, 2008, 02:50 PM
godeaten
Hookah Newbie

ordered the tri metal km from these fine folks as well as some af grape, af esk apple a med phunnel and some odds and ends. came in perfect condition! packaged decent. must have been good enough its not broke. my base on my km is a little crooked and sits funny. so i will be calling to ask if i can send it back for a new one. got a few freebies such as a pack of mango rasp. fusion. and a base protector. tho the protector is hot pink and takes away froom the hookah a bit. but oh well its FREE! will order again
Old March 16th, 2008, 11:37 AM
sexyghost
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to sexyghost Send a message via MSN to sexyghost

I ordered my hookah from HC on Thursday night around 8pm and it came Saturday morning at around 8:30am. I lucked out being in California.

FedEx annoys the heck out of me. When they came to give me the package I was still sleeping, but I got up anyway. When I opened the door there was that dreaded slip on my door. Luckily he was still out there and gave me the package. FedEx needs to study up on UPS some more.

Back to the review. HC is an amazing vendor. There customer service helped a lot. They really know there stuff. Quick to respond thats for sure.

Hookah Company gets a 10! The site is very easy to use and navigate. I recommend them to anyone.

FedEx: 5 only because I got my package and safely.
Old March 27th, 2008, 11:21 PM
JillyIsJustKidding
Deleted Per User Request

First off, I love H-C :P They are my go to vendor.

They are a mere 2 hours from my house so it only took 1 days to ship.

The only thing I did not like is that it took 2-3 days to PROCESS my order..Idk about that.

I have ordered in the past:
Small Phunnel Bowl
SB margarita
A whole mess of baccy samples

My small phunnel was wrapped with a lot of bubble wrap..So that is a big plus. They have never sent me anything that I didn't order and they never 4got an item.

Also, nothing broke

I'd rate them a 9/10. I just hate how long it takes for my order to process
Old March 29th, 2008, 05:06 PM
Sport City
Hookah Nut

Send a message via ICQ to Sport City

I ordered several flavors and some tongs and a few other items and it was well packaged and came within a week. Very Pleased, will use again.
Hit me up if you wanna know the flavors I tried and the types of mixing Ive been testing.
-sport
Old March 29th, 2008, 05:28 PM
Donnie
Hookah Nut

They are very good with customer service. I changed my orders twice, and both time they were happy to do so. However, they take too long to ship international orders. I have yet to recive my order, I will let you all know when I do soon. Overall, I am quite happy with them.

EDIT: I got my delivery today. Very very happy with what I recieved. Everything was wonderfully packed. 10/10. I would do business with than again.

Last edited by Donnie; March 31st, 2008 at 10:03 AM.
Old April 5th, 2008, 09:58 PM
Sport City
Hookah Nut

Send a message via ICQ to Sport City

Today I got my 2nd order in from this vendor and I wasnt as pleased with the packaging, but the delivery was swift. The cleaning brushes I ordered were bent and shoved into the box and the coals I ordered were bubble wrapped last time, but this time they wern't and a few were broken. Besides that Im pleased. They sent the correct shishas and the prices are low. overall 8/10
Old April 7th, 2008, 11:08 AM
Raid3n
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to Raid3n

HC is a fantastic company. i will compare them to H-S when i get that order sometime this week.

Anyways I ordered a KM Mash'al, 250g fusion cactus pear, a saudi bowl, and tangiers schnozzberry, and the free sample on... late tuesday night, going on wednesday. That day it was processed and sent on out. they get a 10 for that.

I received the package mid saturday while at work (thankfully someone was home to sign for it) and everything was nicely packed. Bubble wrap on the base and bowls, no damage, well except a small dent on the tin of fusion, but whatever.

Everything was there no mixups, so its all good. However the stem has a tiny hairline crack around the ice buckets welding, i emailed them about it and i will update as i go along with it.

But for now they have a perfect 10. nothing was damaged and everything was quick and painless
Old April 7th, 2008, 11:12 AM
hookahking
Hookah Nut

I like them....they were fast on the shipping process
Old May 6th, 2008, 09:36 AM
smokedsquid
Hookah Nut

Send a message via Yahoo to smokedsquid Send a message via Skype™ to smokedsquid

When I opened my order I was very happy. It was packaged nice and everything looked intact. I looked at my invoice and I had received everything I had ordered. There was two problems that spoiled the whole experience for me.

1. The two boxes of coals I ordered were about 50% usable. Half of the coals were either broken into little pieces or crushed. But I figured it was just coals and they are cheap so who cares.

2. The hookah base has an internal crack in the glass which hasn't been a problem yet but it could be later on down the road. The ashtray was bent and there are dents on the stem in several places. I know it's hand made but at least they(HC) could have inspected them before they ship them out. The hose that came with the hookah was a piece of crap which, I understand is a norm.

So, I wasn't 100% happy but giving them the benefit of the doubt I would probably order from them again.
Old May 6th, 2008, 10:07 AM
Raid3n
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to Raid3n

a couple posts above you can see an order i made a month tomorrow with this company and currently there are situations.... first off the stem was faulty from the start, there was a hairline crack in it, its not noticeable so if quality check is a quick eying i can understand. One session later i found water in my stem core, which is not good. They refused to take care of it because it had been used, once, and is less than a week old.
Then yesterday the base mysteriously shattered on me putting ice in with room temp everything. I contacted them and nothing so far, i will be sure to update this or remove it if anythings resolved.
but for now they went from a 10/10 to a 5/10
Old May 6th, 2008, 01:12 PM
MrBungle
AFNSBFLAVOUR

I ordered my KM Blue Caravan a few weeks ago and everything went smooth. Excellent packaging, great price, and fast shipping. Seeing as the name of the hookah involves the word "caravan" and the pic of the dark blue base had a caravan on it, I assumed that would be the one I would get. Instead, I received a mostly clear base with 2 light blue stripes and gold lions, which is not a problem. I've also ordered a bunch of shisha from them as well, all was in tact. All in all I give them a 9/10.

Old May 20th, 2008, 07:55 PM
TJ347
Hookah Newbie

I ordered a Mini Pumpkin from HC a few weeks ago for a friend, only to find when it arrived that the gasket on the stem was too large to fit in the vase without being forced. In addition to the constant worry that this would lead to the vase breaking in short order, attempting to remove the stem caused a sudden release that led to water spilling all over the place. I contacted them about the problem, and their advice was to remove the bowl and hose, and pour the water out of the vase through the stem. I'd kind of hoped they'd do better than that. I should point out the down stem and interior of the stem showed rust after only three days, so following this advice would only have worsened that problem. Piss poor solution to a customer problem, and a product that is already rusted beyond recovery... Bad business in my book, and they won't ever get another dime from this guy.
Old May 31st, 2008, 03:51 PM
Magikwyrkz4u
Hookah Nut

Purchased a small funnel from them on the 17th and received it on the 20th. Not bad as far as getting in a timely manner. The item was well packed too.
Old June 5th, 2008, 01:17 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

As always, my item(s) arrive on time, very quickly. They are always packed with care, and this order was no different.

The only problem was that they sent me an "expired" tub of tobacco. I called them up, and they issued me a refund for the total cost of the tobacco.

Great Customer Service. As always, i will be ordering from them again very soon!
Old June 28th, 2008, 05:19 PM
thekoukimonster
Hookah Newbie

I ordered a 32" KM Hafa from Hookah Company a couple days ago. First of all the 15% off deal is a great offer, the hookah was 89.99 with out shipping and the discount. After the shipping and the discount it came out to 87.06 or something like that. I had them ship it on regular ground shipping and it came within 2 shipping days (I live in CA)!! I was pleased with the packaging they offered and the free fusion pear shisha it came with (tastes pretty good). Overall i was extremely pleased with their service. Mos def i will buy from them again. I highly recommend ordering from them.
Old July 29th, 2008, 10:19 AM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

I ordered several 50 G packs and 1 250 G pack of Fusion on 7/23. I got all the needed e mails and my ordered showed up today 7/29. It was the fastest shipping from CA to here of any company hookah or otherwise. Everything was packaged well and I got exactly what I ordered. 10/10
Old August 8th, 2008, 01:37 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

As always my orders go very smoothly with this company.(I would recommend ordering on Monday for the quickest service cause Fedex doesnt ship Mondays). I ordered a tri-metal, a 250 Fusion and a 50 Fusion. It all came on time, but the KM didnt come with a purge bearing (I owuldnt have sued it anyway though), i got Pear instead of Guava as my free 50, and the tray on the Tri-Metal is nothing less than the shittiest thing I have ever laid eyes on in my life.

They will most likely fix the 50 gram problem. It's the tray im concerned about. It's not even a KM tray. This thing is gold colored but isn't brass, and feels like the cheapest tray you will ever feel in your life. It has these weird slits in it in the center hole, and the metal is pulled upward for some stupid reason (it would fit if it want slit and pulled), there is NO KM stamp on the tray, and it has fucking HEARTS on it. Yeah, hearts. It's the shittiest thing I have ever seen. I htink that my try should be replaced with a good tray, because this is a sad excuse for a compliment of a KM Hookah.

UPDATE:
They are sending me a new silver tray and my actual 50g i ordered. They came through.

Last edited by ZenSilk; August 11th, 2008 at 01:14 PM.
Old August 20th, 2008, 10:53 AM
Wraggot
Hookah Nut

Send a message via MSN to Wraggot

Alrighty. I ordered a new 28" MZ hybrid hookah, a bunch of Fusion samples, a KM hose, a box of Three Kings, and a box of Golden coals from Hookah Company. I placed my order on the 30th of July.

Now, bearing in mind that I live in Australia, I was prepared to stick out the wait for my order. Normally packages shipped from the US arrive in 10-14 days, sometimes a little longer if they get stuck in customs for a little while, but normally about two weeks. It got to the 11th of August and I was happy waiting for my new hookah, expecting it sometime that week. I received an email that day saying that my order had only just been sent! To be honest, for an order to take 12 days to process is not really very good.

I received my package today, on the 20th of August. In terms of actual shipping time, 9 days is great, and if my package had been sent within say, a week, I'd be pretty darn happy with my order.

I sent an email on the 13th (if I recall correctly) enquiring about the shipping delay. I'm yet to receive a response.

My stuff all arrived in one piece, packaging was good, so no problems there.

Unfortunately, due to the slow turnaround, I'm going to have to give them a 5/10 based on this order. I may order again in the future, but that could be dependent on whether I end up receiving a reply to my email.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook