Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

HOSE PROBLEMS

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old January 28th, 2008, 10:48 PM
mikey
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via AIM to mikey
Default HOSE PROBLEMS

ive been having some hose problems ever since i got this clear seer through rubber hose...it keeps falling off and gets very stiff...i run it through some hot water and it gets it nice and flimsy but then i have to do it right before i start smoking and it really pisses me off.pluss i get this nasty repulsive smell and taste out of my hoses even if i clean them out with water dont know what to use tried lemon juice didnt work...heard vinager works but idk wanted to see what you guys had to say bout it thanks mikey...
Old January 28th, 2008, 11:00 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Default Re: HOSE PROBLEMS

It's gross plastic fumes, they are on every new rubber/plastic product but disappear after use.

The hose is stiff because it is harder plastic then you want to be using for a hose. Find a flimsier plastic tube. When you run hot water through it the molecules expand and that's why it is flimsy for a little while until it cools.

It falls out cause you don't have the right grommet, or you need to use something to keep it in if it doesn't fit, like tape or paper towel.

The Easiest fix: Buy a Razan or Nammor Hose. Hookah-shisha sells Nammors, Nazar and MNhookahs sell Razan hoses.

If you don't wanna spend that money, buy a Custom Hose from JandRhookahs.com.

Or get a new type of plastic hose.
Old January 28th, 2008, 11:14 PM
dakingkevin23
Hookah Guru

Send a message via AIM to dakingkevin23

did someone make the rubber see through hose?
Old January 29th, 2008, 12:04 AM
HookahMaster
Hookah Pro

My suggestion, buy yourself a Nammor Hose or the washable hose from hookah-shisha.com pictured here: http://www.hookah-shisha.com/store/p...&idproduct=486

Sambooka uses this hose mainly, and he says it doesn't taste like plastic and it doesn't retain any smell or flavor. It's also real cheap at just $8.00 If you go for the Nammor, be prepared to have a plastic taste ruin your sessions for the first 6 or more times. I recently bought a Nammor, and I couldn't get the plastic taste out of it until after a week of smoking. I, like you, tried lemon juice w/baking soda, even vinegar, and yet nothing took the smell and taste of plastic out.

I had to just wait it out and "break it in". Try rubbing alcohol though. That might actually work. The other day I was trying to get this rancid smell out of my hookah. Baking soda wasn't cutting it, neither was vinegar. But I decided to try rubbing alcohol, and it actually took the smell out completely. It worked wonders, and now my hookahs smells new again.
Old January 29th, 2008, 08:41 AM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

Is it a home made hose? Buy a quality hose dude, you wont regret spending the $$$$
Old January 29th, 2008, 08:51 AM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookahMaster
My suggestion, buy yourself a Nammor Hose or the washable hose from hookah-shisha.com pictured here: http://www.hookah-shisha.com/store/p...&idproduct=486

Sambooka uses this hose mainly, and he says it doesn't taste like plastic and it doesn't retain any smell or flavor. It's also real cheap at just $8.00
Yes, I like this hose actually! Cost wise it is pretty cheap, the suction is not bad, and it doesn't appear to retain any smells or tastes. I am actually going to try drilling out the hose ends a little bit to see if I can get even more airflow out of it!

I also have MYA hoses and two Nammors ... but I use the one above 80% of the time ... and I haven't washed it in almost a year!

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old January 29th, 2008, 02:37 PM
sammniamii
Hookah Guru

Just one note about Nammors (and possibly Razens as well) - they can be as stiff as the DIY hoses. I have 2 Nammors, one behavEs perfectly - nice and flexible. BUT... 1 has kinks in it STILL (after months of hard use) and nothing I have tried can seemlying remove them 100% permanently.

The hose SamBooka bought looks good, but I don't have one myself.

And a tip for washable - if it has a plastic smell, run warm Lemon juice thru it. Followed by warm baking soda & water. That should kill off any of the plastic smell in DIY hoses. Nammors (and other washables) normally only need the Lemon Juice and then smoke it. It can take 2-3 smokes, but the smell dies.
Old January 29th, 2008, 02:42 PM
austinthecity
Hookah Pro

Can you put pics up of your hose so we can see exactly what it looks like if it's DIY?

Also, no need to type all of your topics in all caps...
Old January 29th, 2008, 11:14 PM
mikey
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via AIM to mikey

lmao i know that caps thing went over that...i ddint make the hose i baught it but ive acctually made one with my cousin..the only thing is thatthe tip on the one i baught is glass and the one we made wasnt ill get a pic up soon..
Old January 30th, 2008, 12:16 PM
shishaholiC
Hookah Pro

I own several hoses with my favourite being the AF healthy hose. I've smoked out of Nammors, Classic hoses, KM hoses (almost everything except my washable and cloisone) and AF healthy hose is my favourite. Iyts fully washable and it feels just like breathing. I wash it with vinegar and It becomes NEW. When i wash it i cant tell the difference from breathing normally or through the hose. The draw is amazing, kicks the KM hose's butt. the only downside is looks and lenght. Its barely 60" and looks very very cheap.
I bought it from AF online for $3 if i remember correctly

10/10 for performance, 10000/10 for value and 5/10 for looks but am sure most of you here could make it beautiful. Somthing like Sammn's covers or a long DIY handle.

Cheers
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook